Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 4:28:40 AM EDT
on cereal as well? Have you been to the grocery store and see the prices on some of the "good" cereal? You'd think oats and bran and rice were fossil fuels.
yes... I'm terribly bored and this is the best thought I could come up with.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy Malt-O-Meal cereals, they're considerably cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as hopps stay cheap, I don't care!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
deleted.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There does seem to be a general price inflation going on with groceries in some areas and in some types of groceries.  My local "discount" super market has decided to go in for higher levels of service, which is driving up their prices for everything.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There does seem to be a general price inflation going on with groceries in some areas and in some types of groceries.  My local "discount" super market has decided to go in for higher levels of service, which is driving up their prices for everything.  
GunLvr

higher levels of service? What's that? The only service I expect in a grocery store is that the shelves be stocked and that the check-out be moderately fast. What more is there?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
higher levels of service? What's that? The only service I expect in a grocery store is that the shelves be stocked and that the check-out be moderately fast. What more is there?

For one thing they started bagging groceries (before it was a bag-yourself place).
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
ADVERTISING!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a cereal junkie, even at 32.

It is crazy for what some stores are charging. But I can't stop...I must eat cereal.

The off name fakes and spin off companies have higher rates of people getting sick from their products, so I stay a away.

9pm, 1st episode of MXC comes on, I am diving into some. Sunday at 6am, same thing. At least 1-2 bowls per day for me...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If the price of fuel/energy goes up - everything goes up in price.

It take energy to make the stuff.

And fuel to get it delivered.

These expenditures end up as part of the cost of goods.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the price of fuel/energy goes up - everything goes up in price.
It take energy to make the stuff.
And fuel to get it delivered.
These expenditures end up as part of the cost of goods.

You and your simplified logic. I prefer to think that the Illuminati HQ is right in the center of Battle Creek, MI and they are controlling not only the ever-increasing price of cereal but also the increasing lameness of cereal box "prizes".
Leave it to you to use you vast worldly knowledge and take the fun out of all the speculation and btching tha goes into a good thread.
But this time I have found a flaw in your logic... Leprechaun's don't rely on fossil fuels or any other kind of natural resources to make Lucky Charms... they magically delicious. And yet, somehow they rank among the higher priced cereals.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But this time I have found a flaw in your logic... Leprechaun's don't rely on fossil fuels or any other kind of natural resources to make Lucky Charms... they magically delicious. And yet, somehow they rank among the higher priced cereals.

You really need to start taking your meds on a dally basis.

Every boby knows that Leperchauns do not make Lucky Charms.   They out source it to the Kebbler Elves.

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:34:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Everyboby knows that Leperchauns do not make Lucky Charms.   They out source it to the Kebbler Elves.

That's an Urbany Legend... similar to the one about entire populations of Yeti making Nike sneakers in Tibetan Monk-run sweat-shops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top