Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 7:41:57 PM EDT
Need a good site to see nice mushrooms. Anyone got some?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Bunch of them set to music in this vid.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
wow!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Awesome video! A lot of footage i've never seen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
is there a way to download videos i see on that site???
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are REALLY interested in nukes, you should buy this box set.

Almost every above ground test (to include outer space).

Most of the bombs in the vids from the above link are atomic/nuclear.  The box set has the thermonuclear stuff(including the 50 megaton monster the Russians did).

ETA: Trinity and Beyond is narrated by William Shattner.  The explosions are set to classical music.  They are AWSOME if you like that kind of thing.

SFR-I don't know how to downlad from Big Boys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

DAMN

+1 on how to save the video?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DAMN

I GOT IT!!!

ok go to TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then under temp internet files click the SETTINGS button, then VIEW FILES, then when it opens up select LAST CHECKED from the sort list. You then RightClick on the file and copy, then paste it on youe desktop or in a folder. WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That vid is "The Bomb"!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
tag for the other "work" PC
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
... If the State will let me, I'm using the words NUKE EM for my personalized license plate on the chopper I'm building
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Awsome! Hope we never get on the reciving end of thoes nukes
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
media2.big-boys.com/policecaught.wmv

Thats a badass video, PS here is the direct ink to the nuke vid so you can just save as
media2.big-boys.com/nuclearpower.wmv
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn,  Something about a mushroom cloud and boiling fire gets me all fired up
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Seen most of those before.

My personal favorite A-bomb movie is available on DVD from Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DAMN

I GOT IT!!!

ok go to TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then under temp internet files click the SETTINGS button, then VIEW FILES, then when it opens up select LAST CHECKED from the sort list. You then RightClick on the file and copy, then paste it on youe desktop or in a folder. WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seen most of those before.

My personal favorite A-bomb movie is available on DVD from Amazon.

That's part of the box set I posted above.  The other two in the set are good, but you're right in that 'Trinity and Beyond' is the best.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thats a badass video, PS here is the direct ink to the nuke vid so you can just save as
media2.big-boys.com/nuclearpower.wmv

... Dayum!

... That is one KICKASS video - plus, I really liked the techno/trance-score, and I haven't even eaten any roofies, 'shrooms or ecstasy tonite!

... For last years' Christmas exchange, one of DVD Tracker's many cool gifts he gave me was "Trinity and Beyond" - get it if this kinda stuffs gives ya wood.

... ETA: BTW, that is White Zombie - Real Solution #9 (Mambo Mania Mix)
(sorry nickforney, I didn't see your post)
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Ill have to watch that again before my girlfriend gets home so im sure i have a raging wood...that shits amazing.

I was actually listening to white zombie on the way home tonight and the song is great if you have a little bass to your car.  great for listening to when the zombies come...that and classical music great for shooten up zombies.

any idea if you can down load the thermal nuke vids?

Id love to see some with higher yield.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#22]
... Bump because of cool factor
USE LOTS OF VOLUME
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#24]
holy freaking damn that is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

the videos will be stored in your profile under your temporary internet files inside of local settings

do a search on your profile for nuclearpower.wmv but make sure to turn on searching for hidden files and folders

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome video! A lot of footage i've never seen.

+1
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the videos will be stored in your profile under your temporary internet files inside of local settings

do a search on your profile for nuclearpower.wmv but make sure to turn on searching for hidden files and folders

... Or D/L directly here:  media2.big-boys.com/nuclearpower.wmv
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I wanted to see the dummy land the triple lindy at the end
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If you are REALLY interested in nukes, you should buy this box set.

Almost every above ground test (to include outer space).

Most of the bombs in the vids from the above link are atomic/nuclear.  The box set has the thermonuclear stuff(including the 50 megaton monster the Russians did).

ETA: Trinity and Beyond is narrated by William Shattner.  The explosions are set to classical music.  They are AWSOME if you like that kind of thing.

SFR-I don't know how to downlad from Big Boys.

+1  I've got that box set and it makes for very interesting viewing.  

There are about a half dozen places in the US where you can visit and see where they set off a nuke sometime in the last 30 years.  2 are in Nevada (outside the NTS), 2 in CO, 3 in NM (plus Trinity in Oct.) and 1 site (2 nukes) in Mississippi (the only time nukes were set off east of the Miss River).

I've been to the Faultless (Central Nevada Test Site) and the Shoal site (just east of Fallon, NV).  Faultless was pretty cool, not much to see at the Shoal site.

Get the box set, it's very much worth it.

Merlin
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I worked with nukes for seventeen years.  I saw some parts of the vids during training many years ago when they were still classified.  Cool to see them out in the open now.

I too have "Trinity & Beyond".  Very good flic.  Super info.

FWIW, about fifteen years ago, I was fortunate enough to travel with Edward Teller.   He was still sharp as a razor blade and was very willing to discuss some of the cool stuff.  I was especially interested in the early years of the program while they were still at Los Alamos, and the development of the Mk III Fat Man implosion bomb.  One of the things I was interested in was how Harry Daghlian and Louis Slotin had made such incredible blunders and killed themselves.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#33]
WOW!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top