Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
I remember seeing (don't know where) a trial download of some .gif image making software...
I had it in my computer before a reformat, and forgot to save it...
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated...
I'm aware of Gifworks, but need to first create the image series before I can edit it...

I'm working on a little project, and will share the results (co-worker prank) when done.

TIA

ART
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw in paint and save as .gif?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Draw in paint and save as .gif?

I already have the images I need, but they aren't animated. I just need to connect them together. (cartoon-like)
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he means animated..
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think he means animated..

gotcha.

you can download a free trial of Flash and use that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember the program had a trial version that when used, put their software name on the top left of the animation. If you uploaded that to gifworks, you could edit out the unwanted mumbojumbo. I always made the images bigger than needed, just for that reason...

It also had a pretty user-friendly format.

I'll be damned if I can't remember what the program was...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Art,
you need to go back to web TV, before you get yourself in trouble.

Check these out at TUCOWS
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Remember when shareware used to be free?

Now its a trial period or buy now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Art,
you need to go back to web TV, before you get yourself in trouble. www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp26.gif

Check these out at TUCOWS

Dang... You guys never forget, do you ?

BTW...  Thanks for the link...
Mission accomplished.

Story behind the photo...
This is a pic of a co-worker. He's got manners like a mule, and a mouth like a drunken sailor. Most of the time, he looks like he just crawled out from under a bulldozer. He drinks way too much coffee, and is always asking for petty cash to buy junk for the shop. He's right up the boss's ass the second he comes in. He never stops talking, or swearing in front of customers.
That said, he's a great guy, and would give the shirt off his back. He'll do anything he's asked, including staying late or fixing the oldest peice of equipment we own.
I'm sure he'll get a laugh out of the picture, and I'm planning on installing it on my boss's computer as an animated desktop image...

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#9]
No but here is an example of a JIF image
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top