Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 8:56:02 PM EDT
Just finished reading this book by the NPR correspondent Anne Garrels....it's good.

My first skeptical thoughts were.....NPR.....the fact that the author's from CT......leftist liberal reporter??

I was pleasantly proven wrong, I'm not saying she's a neo-con or anything but this chick seemed fair and level-headed.

A few interesting chapters revolved around the following;

---You guys remember those "human shield" people...well she's got some good insight on those fools...err... I mean folks

---All of the civilians killed in the"carpet bombing shock & awe" mission...she pretty much sets that shit straight...(no spoilers here)

---It's amazing how these "under the radar" reporters feel about talking heads like Geraldo, Rather, Amanpour...etc

This book gives you an idea of the inner-workings of how Iraq was before and during the war.

Just thought I'd toss this to you guys that need something good to read.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]

On average, I really like NPR.  They tend to be quite balanced, in my opinion, and bring good depth and discusison to topics (that is often sorely lacking in 24/7 newschannels)

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Hey........

We're not ALL douchebags up here.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hey........

Yeah, some of you are the douche
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hey........

Sorry man...no offense...I was merely refering to your states "Blueness"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top