Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2005 6:33:05 PM EDT

Just watched two episodes of Kirstie Alley's "Fat Actress" on Showtime. FIrst of all, let me say that I thought she looked GREAT!

I thought the show was hilarious, but probably quite a bit more forced than "Curb Your Enthusiasm," a show that draws a natural comparison. Nevertheless, there is some truly funny TV comedy writing in the show - way better than you'll find on any sitcom, to be sure. Some of the gags may get old after a while, but in the two episodes I saw, the content and timing was really great. Kirstie herself is obviously the keystone that keeps the show together, but the supporting actors (many playing themselves, other recognizable actors playing ficticious roles) all do well and contribute their parts true to the spirit of the show.

The most rewarding thing about the show to me, though, is that Kirstie does not wallow in self-pity, denial, or seek to blame anyone but herself for her physique. I do not think the show goes over the top with respect to self-depricating humor; rather, I think that the story lines are tempered with plenty of stuff that would be funny regardless of her size. I think that she's a naturally funny (and beautiful) actress, and is being very clever with the show.

Plus, she's from Kansas.

And now, without further ado, here she is in all her glory! I know that a vast contingent of the ARFCOM crowd craves the anorexic Barbie-doll type, with fake this and enhanced that, but to me, there's nothing sexier than a woman who's comfortable and confident just the way she is! Bring it on, Kirstie!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
big or not...shes still a "pretty" woman
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd prolly hit it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd prolly hit it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes she is.  I hate her Jenny Craig commericals though, and I think Delta Burke is 100% more of a lady!

Patty

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The right lighting and photgrapher will work wonders for any woman, but Kirstie looked great to begin with, and is better off that other women her size.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes she is.  I hate her Jenny Craig commericals though, and I think Delta Burke is 100% more of a lady!

Patty

I wish I had seen Delta Burke in something where she played a charcter more like herself than a vapid bimbo. I think she is perhaps the epitome of a Southern Belle!

I haven't seen the Kirstie Alley Jenny Craig commercials. I have 400 channels so that I don't have to watch commercials!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Mummmm,

Delta/Kirstie sandwich. Squeeze me Please.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
A chair is much more comfortable with some cushions on it.    

Personally, I don't care much for bony sharp-edged chairs.    
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd prolly hit it.

Yep...  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sh-boing boing!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Eh, what the hell. I'd nail her just because of what she used to look like.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

I wish I had seen Delta Burke in something where she played a charcter more like herself than a vapid bimbo. I think she is perhaps the epitome of a Southern Belle!

I haven't seen the Kirstie Alley Jenny Craig commercials. I have 400 channels so that I don't have to watch commercials!

Didn't you ever watch "Designing Women?"  Delta Burke was the only reason to watch the show.  She was a card carrying member of the NRA, outspoken 2nd Amendment supporter, Conservative, Wise Crackin, Southern Belle.  She was/is awesome.  She also married a very conservative guy [can't remember his name to save my soul] used to play on Simon & Simon and I believe they're still married and he's just as outspoken gun rights activist.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Gerald McRaney.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted: Gerald McRaney.
 Good Job!  Blah!  I'm horrible at remembering names!  Patty
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I like preban Kirstie.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

and them some,
+1 on hitting it

ETA -  The very best BJ I have ever had was from a Fat Chick, man she knew how use her mouth!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd prolly hit it.

Sadly, me too.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd prolly hit it.

Sadly, me too.....

This is making me want to browse through Yahoo Personals, they got lots of them big women...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
i wouldn't

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Ohh HELL yes     I would do filthy filthy things to her.

She don't look bad at all.    A few extra pounds never hurt anybody.  Still hot !

ETA: A few years ago, I worked with a woman who looked EXACTLY like her   Was almost creepy.

Needless to say, I wanted to do filthy filthy things to her too  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Gee guys, you make me wonder if I need to run everyday!  I never knew men were so forgiving!

Patty
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Mummmm,

Sounds like a "Simon & Simon" moment....

Back then, Kirstie Alley was married to the actor that played the other Simon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mummmm,

Sounds like a "Simon & Simon" moment....

Back then, Kirstie Alley was married to the actor that played the other Simon.

Now, it wasn't him.  She was married to Parker Stevenson.  Used to be one of the Hardie Boys.  The other Simon was Jamison something a rather.  Patty

*ETA* Jameson Parker
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Gee guys, you make me wonder if I need to run everyday!  I never knew men were so forgiving!

Patty

You look just fine patty, you have NOTHING to worry about.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Thank you!  I'll keep running.  I enjoy it after all!  Patty
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Patty

Just the desperate ones.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#29]

She was married to Parker Stevenson. Used to be one of the Hardie Boys.

That's his name! I can't ever remember it, but I do remember an award show where she went up to accept an award, and then (looking and sounding a liitle "under the influence") made some comment like "Thank you to...blah, blah, blah...and I'd especially like to thank my husband Parker for (paraphrasing here) slipping me the big one whenever I really need it."  

Plenty of smiles, laughs, oohs and ahhs from the audience, and the look on his face was priceless. I guess!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

She was married to Parker Stevenson. Used to be one of the Hardie Boys.

That's his name! I can't ever remember it, but I do remember an award show where she went up to accept an award, and then (looking and sounding a liitle "under the influence") made some comment like "Thank you to...blah, blah, blah...and I'd especially like to thank my husband Parker for (paraphrasing here) slipping me the big one whenever I really need it."  

Plenty of smiles, laughs, oohs and ahhs from the audience, and the look on his face was priceless. I guess!

I remember that too.  I was just a kid when it happened and Steveson ws suppose to save himself for me, dern it!  I had no idea what she was talking about when she said it but I hated her for it!  A few years later [still not understanding what she meant] I thought she was really cute in that show "Look Who's Talking" with John Travolta.  Patty
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Patty:
Refer to my initial post:

Quoted:
... there's nothing sexier than a woman who's comfortable and confident just the way she is!

It's all about the confidence and being a fun, loving, decent person on the inside.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

You run when nothing's chasing you??  

Sounds like you need an ATV.  

No, I spend my time running after 8 pointers!  Patty
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I would love to tap that  fat ass.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Depends...you running away from us or towards us.

QSADFGHJUKL:{

SGtar15
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Depends...you running away from us or towards us.

QSADFGHJUKL:{

SGtar15

Oh ya say that right after you say.....how did you say that?......hang on.....oh yes "I would love to tap that fat ass. SGatr15"

I'm sure and the heck not going to have you behind me checking out my butt!

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top