Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 12:45:02 PM EDT
First, 50,000 people take to the streets to protest Syria's domination of the region. Government resigns.

Then, 500,000 people take to the streets to support Syria's domination of the region. Government talks about returning.

Now, 800,000 pepople take to the streets to protest Syria's domination of the region. Government shits in pants.
Almost a million Lebanese turn out to press for Syrian pullout

There are only 3.7 million people in Lebanon.

1.3 million are protesting one way or the other. That's over a third of the population. I hope they kick the Syrians out, but I hope the place doesn't go down the crapper again. This may get interesting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Entirely possible. However, if Assad figures that "get out" really means it, and moves out his secret police in addition to troops, then its much less likely.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, its been 23  years. Maybe it's time to send the Isrealis' in again. They will clean that place up GOOD ! Then we will wait for another 20 and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do I vote "Who gives a fuck?"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this just one of the reasons so many naval ships are headed to the Mideast?

HH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top