Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:40:47 AM EDT

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

If I wasn't working tomorrow, I'd go to the range and fire-off 82 rounds in counter protest.  

"Justice for Gun Victims Campaign
National Bell Ringing Day
March 15, 2005

From California to Maine, and Texas to Minnesota, members of Million Mom March Chapters and other activists will join together on Tuesday, March 15 in a nationwide event to remember victims of gun violence and sound the alarm against immunity for gun manufacturers and dealers.

At 11:00am local time, bells will toll 82 times to commemorate the number of people killed every day in this country by gun violence.

Local bell ringing activities are planned for Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Duluth, Long Beach, Marin County, Oakland, Orange County, Philadelphia, Portland (ME), Raleigh, Schenectady, and the Twin Cities.

In Washington, D.C., the bells of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, the nation's patronal Catholic church, will toll, and bells will be delivered to all Congressional offices. "
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't call them ding-a-lings for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Does CowBell count?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]
How friggin' lame.

"I'm concerned about people who die from gunshot wounds, and I'd like to do something that will alleviate this problem."

"You should ring some bells."

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
29,930 victims of "gun violence" each year? They must be defining the term rather broadly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top