Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 8:08:03 AM EDT
I'm ashamed to admit, but yes I do have a few liberal friends. A also have a BAD case of BRD, and I am in the process of building my first AR. A couple of times, a few friends, who do not have BRD, saw some of my parts collecting for my first build. Their reaction is "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT?!?!?!?!" Or, "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU NEED A LASER FOR?!?!?!?!" Etc, Etc, Etc...

I'm not the quick-wittiest person around, but since I have a Yamaha YZF-R6, my response to these questions has been "I don't NEED a 170 mph sport-bike either, but it sure is fun to ride and just look at it and fondle in my garage." The only problem with that line is that I indeed break the law everytime I twist the throttle on my bike. But I certainly don't intend to break the law with my AR.

Their general first thoughts are that you are obviously planning on going postal some time in the near future.

I get a kick out of their reactions, but I was wondering if ya'll had any better comebacks or one-liners to tell your friends when they get shocked out of their minds to see such a hideous weapon?

Lay 'em on me!
Texez.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#1]
get an R1 and a .50

I normaly respond to liberals here by informing them that in this country(Wales) more people are killed fishing than from gunshot wounds. Dumb fishermen are always being washed off the cliffs near here when fishing. Are you gonna ban fishing?

I'm not pro-drugs but people are shocked when they are informed that more people die in the UK from paracetemol then extacy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
"Go to hell"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask if they have more than one set of clothes.  If the say yes, then tell them they only need one.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
you're never going to have lines that will provoke an ounce of logical thinking with those kind of people. I've long since given up. BUT what is a hoot is when you have replies that just make them go crazy. Or just SARCASTICLY say shit that already feeds their fucked way of thinking about guns and owning them. REMEMBER, delivery on these lines are key.

here's a couple of mine:

- "you don't need that kinda gun to shoot deer".  Resp: "Yes you absolutely need that gun & more because smaller deer like new borns/fawns are harder to hit. ya need the ammo capaicity."

- "Why do you need to have a pistol in your home?" Resp: "Well, when I'm babysitting my 9 year old nephew he needs something to play with when I head out to the bar."

saying shit like that to them is way more fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]
DUPE   link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top