Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 7:52:54 AM EDT
 If someone were to get a hold of another persons Selective Service number, could they do any thing along the lines of Identity theft?  I've always been under the impression that your number is'nt usefull for anything but when a draft might occur.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
So is that a NO?  They would still have to have my Social Security number to retrieve the Selective Service # from the SS database.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't what they could do with the sel SN.  Nothing uses it for ID, or anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#4]
how does it have me registered with the seletive service,when i never did registered with the seletive service.
i did go into the service in 2 months before it said i did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
How old are you now?  Sure you just didn't forget you registered?  
You enlisted at 17 then?, or shortly after your 18th B-day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How old are you now?  Sure you just didn't forget you registered?  
You enlisted at 17 then?, or shortly after your 18th B-day.

When I was at MEPS, there were 17 year olds there holding waiver letters signed by their parents allowing them to enter service. IIRC, they were ready to ship out that day once we finished the tests. I didn't see where some of them went because the officer candidates got to take the tests first before all the enlisted candidates (w00t!). I got there around 0500 and left around 1300.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have your HS diploma or GED, you can enilst at 17 with permission for AD.  IF NG or AR, you can enlist after juniour year, with permission.  Finish IET, go back to school.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#8]
i went in at 17 and a high school drop out. about 20 years ago.

just never sign up for the selective service
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I signed up for SS on my 18th birthday, but I don't show up on the search. Hmm...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top