Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2005 7:20:55 AM EDT
Well at least the axe murderer was able to assault his victim without intervention of a deadly firearm.  Those things kill people you know.

Off with his head!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they're calling for banning axes now in England?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That guy does not fuck around.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Good thing they banned those guns, it seems to have detered people from killing each other very effectively.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
all those witnesses and not a single one did a fucking thing.

they're all worthless.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Sheeple.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
10 people wasthed and were pleading with him to stop--hmm sounds kinda like a good time for CCW???
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Was the prep a member of the ROP?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
10 people wasthed and were pleading with him to stop--hmm sounds kinda like a good time for CCW???

I think that they should advocate a "no ARMS" (not firearms, those things that hold your hands) policy in the U.K. THEN I'd like to see `em kill eachother!

Phoquin' moron sheeple.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That guy does not fuck around.

No shit....geez....that's quite a response to a "private" matter gone bad.

"Hmmm...ok...he really, REALLY pissed me off. Lets see.....ok...yeah, I'll catch him off guard outside, and then hit him in the head repeatedly with an axe. Over and over and over...until his head looks like the inside of a calzone. Perfect...now where's that axe again?"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

they're all worthless.

Chris

Shit....

.....nobody gets to carry around there, so I'm not shocked to hear that nobody jumped into an axe fight with bare fists. I guess they could have run over the axe wielder.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]
"S'up dude.  Let me ax you a queshion."

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

they're all worthless.

Chris

What should they do?   THey are disarmed and will go to prison to get ass-raped if they use any force to defend themselves, let alone someone else.

Bleet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]
But, I thought it was impossible to kill somebody without a gun? Wierd man!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#14]
1st beheading in a long time that was not backed by an Islamic group...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, at least the attacker didn't have a gun, because then the victim would be...

Never mind.

But, if the victim had been armed and able to defend himself...

Hey!  Let's have none of that talk here!  We have the police to protect us!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#16]
There can be only one!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they're all worthless.

Chris

What should they do?   THey are disarmed and will go to prison to get ass-raped if they use any force to defend themselves, let alone someone else.

Bleet.

I personally would have grabbed my tire iron, hammer, shovel, pick ax <<(construction guys and all)
I wouldn't have stood there and said "please stop". hell it sounds like it was right in the street, might have even kissed him with the door of my car at a good clip.

again, they're fucking worthless.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
March Madness.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Over and over and over...until his head looks like the inside of a calzone.

Thanks alot.  I WAS going to have italian tonight.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#20]
My...that is a tragic shame...really!

It really is a good thing that guns are banned in Britain.  People might get shot...and die even!

Money...?

A womanz...?

Gay spat...?

Once again, circumstances prove that the last person to arrive on the scene is the cop.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
There can be only one!

life.csu.edu.au/~lbenton/images/highlander.jpg

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, if memory serves, they -have- banned axes. At least, just carrying one down the street for no particular reason. Categorised as an offensive weapon. It's usually up to the common sense of the constable on the scene. If you work for a gardening firm, for example, and you have a client across the street, you should be OK.

From the article, it seems that the event happened so quickly, there wasn't much time for anyone to do anything anyway.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#23]

..."I ran to the front of the house and 20 feet away I could see a man, I guess of about 43, smartly dressed, tall and thin with the axe in his hand. ...

I can just hear the eyewitness' voice with an upper class British accent.  So proper.

ANdy, I guess they are going to ban axe's on your side of the pond next...  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I say ol chap ,Ive come to bury the hatchet ,as it were ,it the top of your head...
Well ol boy good show I say ....thwack !!!! mmm spot on!   BRILLIANT !!!
Pip -Pip-chin up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Did the other guy have a katana?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I am just thinking of C3PO killing a guy with an axe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#27]
It is possible that the guy who got axed may have had it coming. Never know.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#28]
some of us still do have firearms.....even though tightly controled. (avoid registration you guys it'll bring restrictions inevitably)

Had I been passing on the way to the range with my rifle in the car, yes I'd have "smoked him"

otherwiswe I'd rather not tackle a possibly drug crazed lunatic with a hatchet while I was unarmed. It's also a shame pepper/cs spray is illegal for civilian protection here. The outcome may have been different.

Be real you guys.

Taffy

awaits flaming.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Must be time for me to buy a nice axe before they become illegal.

And a nice _boat_

Heck if that'd happened anywhere near me tonight, I would be carrying a katana (Monday = Iaido), be tempted not to take a shot at a guy fighting with an axe, I have no idea whether my sword would take the abuse of trying to block it. Other swords yes, Axes...?

/PHil
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#30]
From story...

Eton Avenue is known as one the most exclusive streets in north London with a host of multi-million-pound properties. Belsize Park is also the home to a host of celebrities, including Jude Law, his estranged wife, Sadie Frost, Gwyneth Paltrow and her rock star husband, Chris Martin.

Qwyneth quote from 2004, remember this?...

Awaiting the birth of her first child in London (where she lives with her husband), actress Gwyneth Paltrow recently announced that she will not raise her kid in America.

The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave is just too dangerous a place -- with all of these gun-toting, super-patriots running around -- Ms. P proclaimed.

If frantic flag-waving weren’t enough, the nation apparently is awash in firearms. “And the guns in school – it’s not great,” Paltrow complained. You’d think the legendary gun lobby was handing out assault rifles at the schoolhouse door.

I wonder what she's thinking now?

Oh wait, she won't think, just like when she was opening her mouth then.

Hey! Qwyneth! "THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE! DON'T YOU GET THAT? I LOVE AMERICA, BECAUSE, AT LEAST I HAVE THE MEANS TO PROTECT MYSELF YOU IDIOT!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
some of us still do have firearms.....even though tightly controled. (avoid registration you guys it'll bring restrictions inevitably)

Had I been passing on the way to the range with my rifle in the car, yes I'd have "smoked him"

otherwiswe I'd rather not tackle a possibly drug crazed lunatic with a hatchet while I was unarmed. It's also a shame pepper/cs spray is illegal for civilian protection here. The outcome may have been different.

Be real you guys.

Taffy

awaits flaming.....

No flaming here.  I really feel for you guys, with the restrictions you're living under.

What about some grassroots political activism to turn things around?

It's been said that in a democracy people get the government they deserve.  If enough of you blokes stood up and said, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!" you could start swinging that behemoth socialized .gov around.

Of course, you have all the benefit receiving sheeple to contend with...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#32]
"the man" don't like political activists who own guns here...period

they'd just take the guns we have left  from us

not all of us are prepared to die for our gun rights. neither should we be expected to.

I just enjoy going down to the range to shoot and I don't see what harm I am doing anyone else. Beside it's none of their buisness
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
ANdy, I guess they are going to ban axe's on your side of the pond next...  

Mrs Vito will be upset if they do… she likes her nightstand axe!

ANdy
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#34]
is "that" what you call it Andy
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
There can be only one!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
s

No flaming here.  I really feel for you guys, with the restrictions you're living under.

What about some grassroots political activism to turn things around?

It's been said that in a democracy people get the government they deserve.  If enough of you blokes stood up and said, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!" you could start swinging that behemoth socialized .gov around.

Of course, you have all the benefit receiving sheeple to contend with...

Can't happen, all guns are registered and licenced. If you start campaigning they just declare you an 'unfit person' to possess a firearm and take it off you.

…sucks…

The day when I say "fuck it, I've had enough" and move back to Ireland draws ever closer. I can own a handgun there, a .40 S&W pistol would be nice…

ANdy
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#37]
How effective is a cricket bat? Could you take out someone with a sticky wicket? Might be the last resort. They won't ban cricket, will they? Heck, they'll ban fox hunting before they ban cricket. Won't they?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Murderer didn't have access to firearms due to gun ban.    SO he used an axe.  
Not the method,  the mind...

One mind, any weapon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
"the man" don't like political activists who own guns here...period

they'd just take the guns we have left  from us

not all of us are prepared to die for our gun rights. neither should we be expected to.

I just enjoy going down to the range to shoot and I don't see what harm I am doing anyone else. Beside it's none of their buisness

Good thing Mr. Churchhill didn't share your opinion,  eh?

On second thought,  you would probably have the right to defend yourself today had you blokes rolled over like the french back in '39                      

Ironic, huh        
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm just glad the axe wielding murderer was smartly dressed.

-HS
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

-HS

It makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There can be only one!

It's the kurgan who's behind all this....I know it
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-HS

It makes all the difference.

Just as long as you look good doing it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#44]
English law is a joke when it comes to protecting it's own population. I don't see how the citizens [subjects] take that kind of crap from their Government. Hell, the Constables who responded probably were not even armed. Did an armed response unit even make the scene?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I wonder if they're calling for banning axes now in England?  

Already banned.  Can't carry anything that can be used for self-defence.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
is "that" what you call it Andy

I've been pulling Mrs Vito's leg about her 'Evil Assault Axe'…told her it will be banned or licensed!

Look what I recently inherited! My fathers Seibe Gorman Divers knife… it's been round the world and seen some 'action'. Think small roman gladius!That scabbard is cast bronze!

ANdy
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Incident of man with an AX in California... Turned out differently than in England:

www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050311-9999-7m11ax.html

An ax-wielding man rampaged through a Point Loma neighborhood yesterday, smashing into one home, trampling through several yards and darting into traffic before he was struck by a car on Catalina Boulevard, witnesses said.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone know if it was an AX or perhaps just a hatchet?  
I just have this mental picture of a guy swinging a long ax Paul Bunyon style, but I figure it was more like a hatchet/tomahawk in size.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Latest update…

Man beaten to death with axe
14 March 2005

A witness to the bloody aftermath of a brutal street attack told how he saw an axe-wielding killer calmly give himself up to armed police.

Nick Blackford, 20, a student, was awoken this morning by the sounds of screaming in Eton Avenue, Swiss Cottage, north London.

He described how the head of the victim, a man in his 60s, was turned to "mush" by the ferocity of the assault. Mr Blackford said he saw the attacker, who police said was in his 30s, being arrested.

Two men from a nearby building site were also at the scene carrying what appeared to be iron bars in attempt to stop the axe man but were too late, he said.

"The police came out and arrested him at gunpoint. He had blood on his hands. He dropped the axe on the floor," Mr Blackford said.

"There was a dustbin lid on the floor. I think either he was using it or more likely the victim was using it to protect himself. The victim was on the floor. I saw a guy lying down with a huge flat red mushy mess instead of a head, just across the road.

"I didn't notice it at first because it was there on the street, not in a book or a film. I was so taken aback that I had to second take. It is horrific. You never want to have to see that situation. It shocked me quite a lot."

Police said the victim has suffered "severe head injuries" but sources said he had not been completely beheaded. A man in his 30s was arrested at the scene and was today in custody at Holborn police station.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A post-mortem will be held in due course. The victim has yet to be formally identified."

Eton Avenue was sealed off while detectives carried out a forensic examination of the scene. Police said a murder inquiry had now been launched and an incident room opened.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWPOLICEAxeMon17AxeattackNi?source=&ct=5
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Hmmm....been a few century's since that's happened.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top