Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2005 2:31:14 AM EDT
Tactical....... WTF is with EVERYTHING needing to be tactical.....

Customer "A" walks up and asks to see the Kimber Tactical Custom II, he goes on for about 20 min about how he needs a good tactical firearm and blah blah blah blah blah blah  I am getting real sick and tired of people makeing it  seem like they get in 4 hour fire fights daily. WTF is wrong with these morons. I think the best is he asked if the kimber tac will stand up to "tactical uses". I told him "for the amount of shootings your going to engage in daily, i think it should hold up okay."

For my carry gun I made the switch from a SP101 to a Sigpro because i wanted more rounds, I didnt make it seem like i NEED this ULTRA MEGA HICAP mags because i get in shootings every 20 min.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You switched from a SP101 to a Sigpro?!

I have to carry that POS with sig's name - it ain't a sig from where I stand, and they break left and right.

You want more rounds, trade it in for a Springfield XD  -  least it won't break when you need it, and same cals and cap
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm..  I think I'll go shoot my HK USP Tactical for a bit.

:)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!

Least you Tackteecall!!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
tactical="combat" for 21st century

remember when everything was "combat"

shit, i guess tactical is more pc!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess carrying an UZI & M16 is a bit overkill
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Tennifer coated spatula...  because I want tactical eggs with my bacon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:23:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You switched from a SP101 to a Sigpro?!

I have to carry that POS with sig's name - it ain't a sig from where I stand, and they break left and right.

You want more rounds, trade it in for a Springfield XD  -  least it won't break when you need it, and same cals and cap

Bullshit.  The SIGPros are very good guns.  I've had two of them---used to have the 40 and still have the 9mm----and they have both been 100% reliable and very accurate.  For the price, I don't think there's a better gun out there in that price range.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:41:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am the only one who knows what I need.

XD and USP dont fit my hand. so i wont carry them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am the only one who knows what I need.

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#11]
The word "Tactical" has been throughly overused.

Hence, from this point forward, I think I will use UBER-TACTICAL
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Kind of like the guys that say the 9mm is better than the 45 because you can hold 15 rounds.

Well, if you are a citizen and in a situation where you need 15 rounds of ammo then you need to ask yourself how the fuck you got in that situation to begin with.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#14]
When I bought my G19, the gunshop guy told me it was a combat pistol, so is it a tacteel pistol or a combat pistol
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Customer "A" walks up and asks to see the Kimber Tactical Custom II, he goes on for about 20 min about how he needs a good tactical firearm and blah blah blah blah blah blah  I am getting real sick and tired of people makeing it  seem like they get in 4 hour fire fights daily. WTF is wrong with these morons. I think the best is he asked if the kimber tac will stand up to "tactical uses". I told him "for the amount of shootings your going to engage in daily, i think it should hold up okay."

For my carry gun I made the switch from a SP101 to a Sigpro because i wanted more rounds, I didnt make it seem like i NEED this ULTRA MEGA HICAP mags because i get in shootings every 20 min.

STFU and take their TACTICAL money!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:34:58 AM EDT
[#16]
yo mamma is soooooooooooooooooooooooo tacteeeecal
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU and take their TACTICAL money!

i did... for a Glock 23, it was more uber tac for him in the end.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
"Tactical" is to the firearms world what the word "Race" is to the automotive world.
Rarely (if ever)is avarage Joe Street driver ever going to be in the position to really need these wiz-bang,graphite aramid strand,carbon fiber ,unobtanium,rare-earth,illegally imported from Japan,mega trick,limited production,superstar signature (insert auto/cycle part here),items..............but hey.....we can now brag that our car/truck/bike/snomobile/ATV/boat now is equiped with them. It might just enhance the re-sale value.........and it definatly enhances the "feel-good-factor" of the owner's ego.

It sure makes the owners "street cred '' at the bench racer's table get pumped up on Saturday night down at the burger joint.

Really though........a total dork with a big checkbook (with either a tricked out weapon or vehicle) will get stomped into snot by an experienced rider/driver/shooter with average useable equipment 90% of the time in the real world.............its proven every weekend on the street,in the woods,on the track,or in our case here..........the range or battlefield.

But .........what the hell..........its their money.Help them waste it anyway they want.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I love reading these threads......

I agree with the author some though, it seems every "Johnny on the spot" these days is a member of some sort of spec-ops unit that expends a couple of thousand rounds before lunch so he needs a "ultra" reliable tactical pistol to shoot with...

C'mon guys, just get a good carry gun that fits and call it good.....

"Your moma is . . .. .. " That one cracked me up...Thanks

Saylors
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"Tactical" is to the firearms world what the word "Race" is to the automotive world.
Rarely (if ever)is avarage Joe Street driver ever going to be in the position to really need these wiz-bang,graphite aramid strand,carbon fiber ,unobtanium,rare-earth,illegally imported from Japan,mega trick,limited production,superstar signature (insert auto/cycle part here),items..............but hey.....we can now brag that our car/truck/bike/snomobile/ATV/boat now is equiped with them. It might just enhance the re-sale value.........and it definatly enhances the "feel-good-factor" of the owner's ego.

It sure makes the owners "street cred '' at the bench racer's table get pumped up on Saturday night down at the burger joint.

Really though........a total dork with a big checkbook (with either a tricked out weapon or vehicle) will get stomped into snot by an experienced rider/driver/shooter with average useable equipment 90% of the time in the real world.............its proven every weekend on the street,in the woods,on the track,or in our case here..........the range or battlefield.

But .........what the hell..........its their money.Help them waste it anyway they want.

Well said, and I completely agree. I still like my tricked-out M4gery though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Wilson Combat is the worst abuser of this term, IMHO.  What could possibly be "tactical" about an extractor???  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#23]
You should have went with a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"Your moma is . . .. .. " That one cracked me up...Thanks

Don't bring my steering wheel into this.

G23c
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Kind of like the guys that say the 9mm is better than the 45 because you can hold 15 rounds.

Well, if you are a citizen and in a situation where you need 15 rounds of ammo then you need to ask yourself how the fuck you got in that situation to begin with.

Sgatr15

The angry mobs are everywhere dude!

Well, actually that ain't far from the truth here...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:33:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#27]
McTactical...that's the term.  Coined by me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#28]
i know a guy who carries  a double stack para p14 with plus two extensions. and two 18 round mags with extensions. All of this on his hip. We're talking 46 rounds of 45acp. And he wonders why he has back problems. one time someone asked him why he needed all those rounds. His  reply" there have been times i've needed that many" Now this guy is not a LEO , military  etc etc. He has never been in a gunfight in his life. If i'm ever in a place where i need to carry almost 50 rounds on 45  on me, i'm leaving.

J
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#29]
"tactical" = buzzword to charge more to the  keyboard warriors

we won 2 World Wars without "tactical" stuff
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#30]
wheelguns got it done for a long time, and we didn't have to learn stovepipe, double feed, tap rack ready until those tactical pistols came out.....hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do you really think so? I mean, it's not like uncool or something, is it?

Do you think I should I change my handle to "Uber-Tacticalman"?

Should I make this a poll question?

Really, do you think some guy who's Uber-Tactical is going to beat me down or something? If so, I'll change my handle first.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#32]
"tactical" is sorta like the old "mil-spec".  The average idiot figures that if the army, marines, or the super ninja warrior spec op people use it, it's gotta be worth at least four times the price.

Ya right.  "Tactical"usually means they took whatever the hell it was, colored it black, added two useless features and made it look "cool".  Add the "tactical" name and they can now charge and extra 35% because some ninja warriors wannabe needs to look cool..

Mil-spec is the term I love.  Milspec shovel, milspec knives, compasses, toilet paper, and dildos....  Ya right.  Mil-spec for WHO?  Pakistan?  This crap, whatever it is, is simply called MIL SPEC and again the idiots pay more for it..

I just seen some 45 acp ammo.  Berdan primed steel cased Russian crap.  And its "mil Spec".  Again, whose military is specifying this crap?  It sure as hell isn't anyone here!

95% out of a 100, f it says "mil spec" or "tactical" it s a big red falg for me.  I move on.  It's either pure garbage or its vastly overpriced...

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#33]
OK - Perfect Examlple SigPro is a Piece of 5H1t

On the Sigarms floor - Government officials are coming in for a visit, the floor supervisor always pulls the Sigpro and replaces them with 220, 226, and 229 - his exact statement as to why they have to be removed, "we aren't gonna sell them that crap, thats for the local LEO's."

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#34]
A Perfect example - to get back on topic - that the SigPro is a Tactical P.O.S.

The special rail for only the uber "TACTICAL" sigpro crap light!!

[LMAO]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
wheelguns got it done for a long time, and we didn't have to learn stovepipe, double feed, tap rack ready until those tactical pistols came out.....hmmmmm.

"Tactical this and tactical that" is a marketing gimmick that I believe has had some unfortunate consequences.  Here are a couple of things to which I believe the tactical craze has contributed:  
1) The disappearance of traditional revolvers in traditional chamberings, barrel lengths and finishes.
2) The appearance of some very ugly graphic artwork on the slides of pistols; exhibit A, Smith & Wesson.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

. Well I’m in the process of releasing a line of Tactical cook ware. It includes A Tactical cheese grater, Tactical-cooking utensils, and Tactual 24 piece pan set. They will be offered in both Parkerized and Tactical Matte Black finishes. Be looking for it soon at Meyer and Frank! Coming soon….. The Tactical coffee mug. It hold 32oz of this life giving juice. With a Tactical handle shaped like a pistol grip to keep you hand from cramping, Also the magazine well can be used to hold you Pez dispenser.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#37]
"Tactical" compensates for lack of training and exercise. "Tactical" sells stuff to fat guys on the Internet.

It's a buzzword. Sooner or later someone will come up with a new one to replace it when it seems like people are getting worn out on it.

SFR Because you started this thread, I am hereby putting your tacticality in question. You are no longer on my Internet Air$oft Dream Team.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:19:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn!!

I was hoping you were doing some D&D Air$oft games and I could come over - boo!!!

I am the most Uber Takteellkall Air$oft champ ever!!!!

Wheres a tactical trunk monkey when you need one????  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#39]
This thread isn't very tactical without a poll.............................
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This thread isn't very tactical without a poll.............................

Maybe not tactical, it's really more like SOCOM without a poll.  A poll would certainly make it Uber-Tactical
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#41]
This thread is not tactical at all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#42]
By the way, for those who do nt have it yet, I am selling tactical toilet paper for the great price of $2/roll plus $1 for shipping.  Hurry before stocks run out.  You would not want to get in a fire fight after having taking a dump and not have used tactical toilet paper.
E-mail for orders.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread is TAC-tacular!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
By the way, for those who do nt have it yet, I am selling tactical toilet paper for the great price of $2/roll plus $1 for shipping.  Hurry before stocks run out.  You would not want to get in a fire fight after having taking a dump and not have used tactical toilet paper.
E-mail for orders.

dare i ask what color it is?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
E-mail for orders.

dare i ask what color it is?

Tactical brown for socom camo effect. Also tactical green availble for those tactical spinash days
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
"tactical" is sorta like the old "mil-spec".  The average idiot figures that if the army, marines, or the super ninja warrior spec op people use it, it's gotta be worth at least four times the price.

Ya right.  "Tactical"usually means they took whatever the hell it was, colored it black, added two useless features and made it look "cool".  Add the "tactical" name and they can now charge and extra 35% because some ninja warriors wannabe needs to look cool..

Mil-spec is the term I love.  Milspec shovel, milspec knives, compasses, toilet paper, and dildos....  Ya right.  Mil-spec for WHO?  Pakistan?  This crap, whatever it is, is simply called MIL SPEC and again the idiots pay more for it..

I just seen some 45 acp ammo.  Berdan primed steel cased Russian crap.  And its "mil Spec".  Again, whose military is specifying this crap?  It sure as hell isn't anyone here!

95% out of a 100, f it says "mil spec" or "tactical" it s a big red falg for me.  I move on.  It's either pure garbage or its vastly overpriced...

What is an elephant? A mouse built to Milspec specs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Then there's "blacktical"......all the ghetto tactical crap like the cheesy plastic "dragunov" or folding stocks on a SKS, extended duckbill mags for same, ChinaMart red dot scopes on a rattling loose SKS receiver cover, ventilated handguards & pistol grip stocks on a H&R single "riotgun", laser sights on a HiPoint/Jennings/Lorcin zinc alloy "9", etc.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1
By adding the word "tactical" to any product you can charge more....
Imagine a tactical coffee maker.  High speed, large capacity.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
By adding the word "tactical" to any product you can charge more....
Imagine a tactical coffee maker.  High speed, large capacity.....

beware of what you wish for
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top