Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 10:22:48 PM EDT
I'm doing a shirt design for the Ohio ARF crew, and I need a good high-res of an AR, preferably a modern variant. I have some stuff I've scrounged, but I need a pic that's about 2000-3000 pixels wide, or 10" at 300dpi.

I prefer line-art (bitmap, black and white) but I can use anything if it's high enough quality even if means altering it. A .pdf, vector art, illusration, anything would be helpful. If you have one, or have access to techincal drawings or AR/M16 illustrations that you could scan for me, I'd be really grateful (as would a whole lot of Ohio ARFcommers). Remember, we elected Bush for ya!

If you have anything IM me plz.

Thx!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
doesn't SWA have nice line art? They might license it to you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Does
images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=ar-15&btnG=Search

Or:
images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=m16&btnG=Search

Or maybe:
images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=m4&btnG=Search

Turn up anything? Another idea might be to have a member snap a REALLY high quality pic of the type of rifle configuration you're looking for - in the proper orientation - and post it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
here is a fairly hi res photo...  (approx 2500pix wide)

don't know if it's useful or not...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/wileymcnasty/big.jpg

w
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
why dont you take your own picture.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

too easy!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of configuration are you wanting for the pic?  If I have something that is acceptable I can take a pic for you tonight.   2240 pixels wide is the highest res on my camera.  My photoshop fu is not that terribly strong as far as making line art out of a pic but I can probably figure it out, or can send it on to someone for that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too easy!

Too hard. I'd have to outline every detail of the photo, and convert it to line art. I KNOW there are high-res versions because I see them printed in catalogs and such, but I can't find one. Or, if I had a techincal drawing of some sort to make a vector image off of, I could do that.

I thought I could save myself the trouble of shooting a photo and then converting it if someone had some line art handy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

w

Nice...that's a start. I can work from that if nothing else. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w

Nice...that's a start. I can work from that if nothing else. Thanks.

It's nice, but be sure to Photoshop a 30 rounder in there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you want me to just sketch an M-16 on a piece of paper and mail it to you? I've been doing it quite a while...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do you want me to just sketch an M-16 on a piece of paper and mail it to you? I've been doing it quite a while...

I need it to be pretty exact - the concept on the shirt is a technical drawing, like an illustrated example of an M16/AR with specs underneath the drawing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top