Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 5:05:57 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the contractors working in Iraq are buying those RDIAS that are advertised in SGN to take into Iraq?

Or are they getting M16's from our gov't?

What are the laws of buying a RDIAS and taking it with you overseas?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Could someone fill me in: what is RDIAS?

Thanks,

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
whats the point of buying a "R"dias.. only to take it to where the law does not apply?

Rdias are only for us poor saps in the US..
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I beleive that most of the better companies contracting over there don't have a need for DIAS's (registered or otherwise) since they can purchase the real deal through the State Department for much less than a civvie semi version.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he's talking about the ~$225 unregistered DIAS you see in SGN.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Could someone fill me in: what is RDIAS?

Thanks,

-Justin

Registered Drop In Auto Sear.

Thanks for clearing that up.

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I beleive that most of the better companies contracting over there don't have a need for DIAS's (registered or otherwise) since they can purchase the real deal through the State Department for much less than a civvie semi version.

The State Department sells that?  Wow, can you elaborate?  Thanks.

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Justin

They don't sell them, but you have to have their approval to export them!  Since you are working as a contractor for State, you (the company actually) can get export approval and buy pretty much anything your company can afford!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Justin

They don't sell them, but you have to have their approval to export them!

Thanks, I never though the State Department to be an FFL so that's why I asked.  Thanks.

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Justin

Thanks, I never though the State Department to be an FFL so that's why I asked.  Thanks.

-Justin

Gov agencies also don't need FFL's
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Justin

-Justin

Gov agencies also don't need FFL's

That's what I thought.  Thank you.

-Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top