BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 3:19:33 PM EDT
I watching an oldie but a goodie.  

multiple M16A1s
HK93s
M60s
LAWs

Actually a real nice collection of weapons.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I always liked that movie.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it really true that Stallone was a draft dodger? That was talked about a little on the "Rockey" thread.

Very said if that is true! I kind of looked up to him when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The best of the Rambo movies by far. The book is a much better read and had a far different ending.  There was talk of another movie but now that Richard Crenna is dead I wonder if they will go through with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I beleive Sylvester Stallone spent his 'Nam days in a Swiss ballet institute from what I heard........He's a liberal pussy in real life.

Hollywood Idiots: Stallone Edition
Sun Tzu's Newswire //STN98030//
by Sun Tzu's Newswire Staff
June 25, 1998 10:01 AM U.S. Pacific Time

In their June 12 CyberAlert Media Research Center (MRC) said movie actor Sylvester Stallone supports suspension of Constitutional rights and confiscation of firearms in the United States.

In their report, Media Research Center said Stallone proposes that the only way to make America safe is to go house to house and confiscate every gun. MRC said Stallone was reacting to the shooting death of Phil Hartman, slain by his drug crazed wife, who then killed herself. MRC said that Sylvester Stallone "is best known for glamorizing in his Rambo films military weapons not even the NRA wants legal" and that Stallone "urged the repeal of the 2nd amendment."

According to the report, MRC entertainment analyst Tom Johnson transcribed Stallone's ranting from a June 8 segment on Access Hollywood, a show carried by NBC-owned stations and syndicated to other markets.

Stallone conceded, "I know we use guns in films," but insisted the time has come "to be a little more accountable and realize that this is an escalating problem that's eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare"; according to MRC.

MRC said that Access Hollywood then showed a clip from a comment he [Stallone] made in London a few weeks ago: "Until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna have. It's pathetic. It really is pathetic. It's sad. We're living in the Dark Ages over there."

"Over there"? asked MRC. "Yes, the man who wants to control what Americans have in their homes is now living in England." In Stallone's interview with Access Hollywood, MRC said the actor demanded that the 2nd amendment be abandoned: "It has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, 'It's ending, it's over, all bets are off. It's not 200 years ago, we don't need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesn't have it. Why should we?", MRC quoted Stallone.
---
Source: Excerpted from Media Research Center CyberAlert for Friday June 12, 1998 (Vol. Three; No. 93) This was released earlier as a Sun Tzu Firearms Advisory "Media Idiots on guns: Stallone edition. [Note: According to a spokesperson at Gun Control Hall of Fame, Mr. Stallone's remarks are being reviewed and the actor may soon join supermodel Cindy Crawford in the Hall]. c/c: GCHOF (fax)
---
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I beleive Sylvester Stallone spent his 'Nam days in a Swiss ballet institute from what I heard........He's a liberal pussy in real life.

In their June 12 CyberAlert Media Research Center (MRC) said movie actor Sylvester Stallone supports suspension of Constitutional rights and confiscation of firearms in the United States.

In their report, Media Research Center said Stallone proposes that the only way to make America safe is to go house to house and confiscate every gun. MRC said Stallone was reacting to the shooting death of Phil Hartman, slain by his drug crazed wife, who then killed herself. MRC said that Sylvester Stallone "is best known for glamorizing in his Rambo films military weapons not even the NRA wants legal" and that Stallone "urged the repeal of the 2nd amendment."

According to the report, MRC entertainment analyst Tom Johnson transcribed Stallone's ranting from a June 8 segment on Access Hollywood, a show carried by NBC-owned stations and syndicated to other markets.

Stallone conceded, "I know we use guns in films," but insisted the time has come "to be a little more accountable and realize that this is an escalating problem that's eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare"; according to MRC.

MRC said that Access Hollywood then showed a clip from a comment he [Stallone] made in London a few weeks ago: "Until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna have. It's pathetic. It really is pathetic. It's sad. We're living in the Dark Ages over there."

"Over there"? asked MRC. "Yes, the man who wants to control what Americans have in their homes is now living in England." In Stallone's interview with Access Hollywood, MRC said the actor demanded that the 2nd amendment be abandoned: "It has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, 'It's ending, it's over, all bets are off. It's not 200 years ago, we don't need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesn't have it. Why should we?", MRC quoted Stallone.
---
Source: Excerpted from Media Research Center CyberAlert for Friday June 12, 1998 (Vol. Three; No. 93) This was released earlier as a Sun Tzu Firearms Advisory "Media Idiots on guns: Stallone edition. [Note: According to a spokesperson at Gun Control Hall of Fame, Mr. Stallone's remarks are being reviewed and the actor may soon join supermodel Cindy Crawford in the Hall]. c/c: GCHOF (fax)
---

HOLY SHIT!!!!! The guy is wacked!!!!!!! I have lost all respect I had for him and I now have a .45 for him when he shows up on my door step to take it from me!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Politics aside, I never really watched for different weapons in the movies.  I totally missed the HK93 that the Sheriff was carrying.  I knew about M16s but didnt realize they were A1 models.  Kind of interesting how I pick that kind of stuff up really fast now.

But it does piss me off about Hollywood actors that use guns to make themselves money and then bash gun ownership.  They should do what they do best is make movies and not get involved in social issues.  If they were not famous what kind of background or education makes him qualified to make an expert type announcement on the subject?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as we're not talking about your daughter's "coming into womanhood" ...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked the book even better than the movie. Isn't David Caruso one of the bad guys?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
As long as we're not talking about your daughter's "coming into womanhood" ...

I can help you with that subject by the way!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I liked the book even better than the movie. Isn't David Caruso one of the bad guys?

Yep. See here:
First Blood (1982)
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He was a bad guy by association.  He was one of the deputies that objected to the way Rambo was being treated and got biffed by the Sheriff.  He was also impressed with John J Rambos service record and was the one that suggested they just go home and turn the mess over to the state police.  He got stabbed in the leg with that bowie knife in the leg.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Politics aside, I never really watched for different weapons in the movies.  I totally missed the HK93 that the Sheriff was carrying.  I knew about M16s but didnt realize they were A1 models.  Kind of interesting how I pick that kind of stuff up really fast now.

But it does piss me off about Hollywood actors that use guns to make themselves money and then bash gun ownership.  They should do what they do best is make movies and not get involved in social issues.  If they were not famous what kind of background or education makes him qualified to make an expert type announcement on the subject?

Many of those movie guns are fakes, props. The actors don't really handle real guns unless they are about to fire it. In Rambo II, when John Rambo throws away the M60, it was probably a plastic reproduction.

The problem is that the movie going public often confuses the actor's/actress' on-screen and oft-screen personna. I.e. just because he is a doctor in the movies, he's qualified to be a doctor in real life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is it really true that Stallone was a draft dodger? That was talked about a little on the "Rockey" thread.

Very said if that is true! I kind of looked up to him when I was a kid.

Yes, he was and he is a gun grabber in the first degree.

Because he played Rambutt, fucking Brian Kilmead called him a 'nam vet one day.  He has never replied to my e-mails and calls.  Fuckwad.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Always...in every way...all the time...especially in real life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#15]
One less actor to watch
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I always liked that movie.

+1!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#17]
"What you call hell Rambo calls home".
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Model 88 Winchester in the Helicopter! My first purchase in centerfire.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#19]
"Covey leader to raven"
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Read the book.

You might be suprised at how good it is.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
In the DVD production notes,
It says all the machine guns used in the movie were stolen at one point by Canadian gun-runners!!

Politics aside, a pretty damn good movie!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Politics aside, Feinstein only wants what's best for America.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Politics aside, Feinstein only wants what's best for America.

Ain't that the truth.  The asshole won't serve and then comes back to the US and makes a movie that, IMHO, portrays vets as nutcases.  Fuck him and his politics AND his movies.  I won't contribute one cent to that motherfucker.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:09:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Much better than Ronin.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

---
---

Who the hell cares?  Stallone is one of the WORST actors EVER.  His IQ is probably around 80 and he is an anti-USA piece of shit.  I could careless about what he says or any other hollywood leftist
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

---
---

Who the hell cares?  Stallone is one of the WORST actors EVER.  His IQ is probably around 80 and he is an anti-USA piece of shit.  I could careless about what he says or any other hollywood leftist

I care.  That was posted for the benefit of those oohhing and aahhing over the Stallone movies in this thread and one about the Rocky movies.  

Actually, what you said is just a sypnosis of what you quoted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#27]
"an escalating problem that's eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare"

We can only hope... *sigh*  >starts daydreaming<
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#28]
No wonder the French gave him a medal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#29]
My US Army recruiting Sgt was named Rambo.  

Sgt Rambo....Hoorah!  (true)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Considering your job area, I though this was going to be a nasty thread...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top