Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 11:00:50 AM EDT
Local Craigslist ad has a Haro Bactrail X24 BMX bike for sale for $150, and I was tempted to get it. Single speed, KISS bike with no suspension and riser bars. Strong enough to thrash around and jump curbs. It's got 24" wheels so it's more like a BMX for adults. Sounds fun for exploring the urban jungle. And it's black too.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#1]
When you crack your skull, post pics.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Helmets are a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Helmets are a good idea.

No, they are not.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]
last I heard Haro or was it hutch  shut down its production,And the size of those forks i wouldn't try to do any jumps with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
<-- Flatlander. I ride a Standard Tao.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
last I heard Haro or was it hutch  shut down its production,And the size of those forks i wouldn't try to do any jumps with it.

Haro is still going strong and has a dominate hold on the majority of the BMX kids bikes.  Most serious riders won't ride a Haro, but Haro is still around and getting bigger.

For $150 that is a great price.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
A Cruiser
Looks to have 2 or 3 peice cranks
ditch the seat and buy it.

I ride a Robinson Pro XL
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to dirtjump back home.  I was into it for a couple of years.  It will be wierd to ride with such low handlebars.  That looks strictly for BMX racing.  If you want to thrash/flatland ride get something a little heavier.  I had a GT Bump and it was sweet shit.  $150 is cheap though although you could get a used "BMX" bike for $100ish depending on what you want.  3 piece crank, 48 spoke, gyro, etc.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
For $150, I would buy that in a second.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I has not heard the Haro name since I turned 16 and got a car.   About 1982.  Glad to see he is still in business.

I wonder if my parents still have my bikes?  Maybe dad would help me build another half-pipe?

LOL...lots of good memories.   When I started riding a bike,  Schwin was still the BMX king, FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
This Haro pictured above has got some good reviews. I rode it and I really like the simplicity of only one gear. I climbed the steep street no problem with it. I like it a lot more than my Trek 930 Singletrack MTB. Only downside is that it has ONE set of coaster brakes on the back wheel and that's it. Also, a little on the heavy side, but then it's made for strength. Haro is more known for BMX bikes now than mountain bikes, though they make those too. They're kinda like the Springfield Armory of the bikeworld: respectable but one has other options.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
stay away from coaster brakes , spend the extra money for a freewheel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Helmets are a good idea.

No, they are not.

The only people that think helmets are stupid are those that have hit their heads one to many times.

SGatr15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top