Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 10:33:27 AM EDT
I read on here that he (edited for clarity... the civilian) got a few hits, before the killler the turned the Mak-90 (A chinese Norinco semi-auto AK-47) on him. Does anyone think if he had any (other) handgun caliber he would have had a better chance against a (killer) guy with body armour? Should he have shot for the head instead? I suppose he had no idea the guy had body armour on.

M4-AK

edited for clarity.......
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I read on here that he got a few hits, before the killler the turned the Mak-90 on him. Does anyone think if he had any handgun caliber he would have had a better chance against a guy with body armour? Should he have shot for the head instead? I suppose he had no idea the guy had body armour on.

M4-AK

The shooter had an AK.

When you say "he" do you mean the civilian CCW holder that intervened? Because he DID have a handgun, do you mean if he had had a rifle?

If you're shooting at a person and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, thinking that they have BA on would be a good assumption.

However, the whole event didn't last very long, and unless you're trained or have envisioned the situation many times in your head, you might not be thinking clearly/quickly enough to shoot for the head.

I think you should edit your post and pretend you have no idea what you were talking about and re-write it so it makes sense to someone who actually does have no idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
FN 5.7 with the right ammo may have saved lives.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I read on here that he got a few hits, before the killler the turned the Mak-90 on him. Does anyone think if he had any handgun caliber he would have had a better chance against a guy with body armour? Should he have shot for the head instead? I suppose he had no idea the guy had body armour on.

M4-AK

The shooter had an AK.

When you say "he" do you mean the civilian CCW holder that intervened? Because he DID have a handgun, do you mean if he had had a rifle?

If you're shooting at a person and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, thinking that they have BA on would be a good assumption.

However, the whole event didn't last very long, and unless you're trained or have envisioned the situation many times in your head, you might not be thinking clearly/quickly enough to shoot for the head.

I think you should edit your post and pretend you have no idea what you were talking about and re-write it so it makes sense to someone who actually does have no idea what you're talking about.

A Mak-90 is a Chinese Norinco Semi-auto AK-47. What else should I re-edit?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

The shooter had an AK.

A Mak-90 is a Chinese Norinco Semi-auto AK-47. What else should I re-edit?

M4-AK

My bad, I read Mak-90 as Mac-10 for some reason. I see where you were going with the original post now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I just reread it. I didn't make coherent sentences by any stretch.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
AK is a helluva weapon for close quarters, penetration big round.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Head shots with anything.Still might not realize shooter had b.a. till too late.Security needs weapons locker somewhere accessable or somthing before they run pell-mell out of building to be tagged with rifle rounds.10 ga slug gun the troopers down here use to stop road block busters would probably do it but hind sight is always 20/20.The deputies were brave and heroic anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top