Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 9:06:47 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure I'm getting my chain yanked and Google only turns up a story about a Dutch robber who actually claimed his expensive pistol as a business expense so I figured I'd check with the all-knowing ARFCom crowd (since H&R Block is closed today). Recently got my certification as an NRA pistol instructor and several of my friends have told me "they heard" I can now claim firearm and safe purchases as business expenses if used as training tools. If true, I am soooo screwed, since only my income limits are keeping me from caving in to every impulse purchase that hits me (I'm now simultaneously craving a Garand, an M1A, an M1 carbine, a cheapie WASR just for fun and a surplus Russian M44 carbine - oh, and a bigger safe).

So? Any truth to this? Anybody actually done this (and not gotten audited/imprisoned/etc)? Speak, oh ARF-Oracle!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not? What is the worst thing that can happen?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I write off the cost of my Ammo and CCW stuff every year, I f a buy a new concealable gun, then I do a depretiated value of the older one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Never ask that question or you're liable to get an answer....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top