Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
My grandfather - a great American and Marine who served in Korea - paid my dues and sent me my card. What exaclty does it mean to be a Son of the American Legion? My grandmother is convinced that it means I get cheap drinks at the post.

Surely, it means more than that. Can someone tell me about the Legion in more detail? I'd talk to my Grandpa about it, but I'm bored, he's sleeping, and I'm going to see him tommorow anyway.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a mamber of the SAL too . Just go and enjoy the cheap drinks and talk to some vets .
Let us all be thankful for what our forefathers and current Armed forces  members endure so that we can enjoy freedom .
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It means more than that. I am a local attorney who is a real vet. Our Legion post is very nice. It costs me $50 a year to belong, and we have great drinks and beers at a cheap price because the old timers, who all drink draft bud, draft bud light, and bottom shelf whiskey want to get younger members and they figure that a variety of choices are what the younger guys want.

The SALs, including some of the more well off people in town, also belong to the post with full membership rights, but they only have to pay $25 per year. Funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top