Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2005 5:21:18 PM EDT
How many of you guys have had guns pointed at you? I mean with hostile intent, not just someone being a jackass and screwing around.

Happened me once in Highschool, big misunderstanding, the cops though a car full of my friends and I had tried to rob a local Mcdonalds, did a felony stop with SW99's and Mini-14's pointed at the us. The misunderstanding was straightened out soon after, but there was a few seconds of serious pucker time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Armed robbery at a night deposit. Not fun.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - I had cops jump out of the car with guns drawn when they finally cornered me in a dead-end street and the car chase could go on no longer!  

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Several times.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Several Times and I'm still here!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
yes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup. U.S. Forest Service LEO leveled one at me just before giving me a warning for "unsafe shooting", among other things. Long story. I posted it here in GD a while ago, but it seems to have fallen off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.

Police, stranger, and a friend(so-called)

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, once with multiple guns aimed at me with fingers on the triggers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah - I had cops jump out of the car with guns drawn when they finally cornered me in a dead-end street and the car chase could go on no longer!  

+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I had an old girlfriends tits in my hands when I heard a "come out with your hands up".  We came out to meet 2 cops with their guns pointed at us.

What happened was that we were in her old apartment , in her old bedroom, which she had just finished moving out of (we were on the floor). She had paid the rent for that month and still had her key.  Her bitch roomate, who worked for the local police dept (I dont know what she did) was getting dropped off by a cop or two.  She saw a light on in the apt, and sent the cops up.  We came out of the bedroom with our hands up expecting to be on COPS.  I think her rm was just giving us a hard time, but after my old gf raised hell with the cops, telling them that she had paid the rent, they apologized and bid us a good night.  That was an interesting night.  Jeeeez, that was 13 years ago and I can still picture those tits like it was yesterday.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Seriously - you too?

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Not for real
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Several times. The first was by my ex-stepfather when I was 12.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Unfortunately, yes. Once.

I was around 12. My friend Doug was showing me the 12 gauge that his dad had in the house. The gun was loaded with shells packed with rocksalt. I lived in a pretty bad neighdorhood and if someone got peppered with rock salt, it was usually for breaking into a garage, car, shed, etc. The cops were rarely called when that happened (roughly '77-'82). FWIW.

Well, when he was showing me the gun, he pointed it at me in jest, saying that the safety was on and it was okay. I ducked, yelling at him to put the thing down. Doug proceeded to tell me that the thing was safe, pointed it at a wall to his left, and pulled the trigger.

The rock salt  left the barrel, because a shell was chambered and the safety was off. It went through the wall and peppered the wood panel of the TV. The room we were standing in was approximately 6' x 9' so the wall he shot at was less than a few feet away.

Needless to say, we were dazed, and attempted to become master sheetrock repairmen. He and I never mentioned that event again.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Just a few times...I even shot back

Sean
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
LA county deputy (big misunderstanding), armed robber at the end of a vehicle pursuit, domestic violence suspect, severely depressed guy whose wife just left him - turned out it was a non-firing replica Luger - attempted suicide-by-cop long before the syndrome was ever identified.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Several times while on the job, twice by customers and once by the police in a hostage situation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Had it more than just pointed at me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes.  Jan 2002, while I was in the mountains of Peru.  It ruined my whole trip...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup, twice.

First was a sawed off shotgun.

And the second time was a .25 Raven.

I survived.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing like the sight and sound of a Remington 870 being racked about 8 feet from your head. Saw two of those and an H&K MP5 in a felony car stop that was a case of mistaken identity.

Couldn't have driven a straight pin up my rectum.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Twice.  First was a cop.  I woulda been pissed except I knew something the cop didn't......his chief was watching him and wasn't real happy about it.  Newspaper had a bit about him being fired for not following department policies regarding firearms during traffic stops about a year later.

2nd one was for being white, and being in a shitty area of town after dark.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
<---pizza delivery driver  nuff said
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#27]
yes i have been shot at. yes i returned fire. yes i have eliminated the tango
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Couple of times during Gulf1.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes,

as a kid by 4 cops, for stealing a blinking light baracade.

Later a stupid roommate leveled a sawed-off 20 gauge at my head because he thought I was a burgler.

A drug dealer, I was on his ass for selling drugs to a friend of mine that really needed help. (I was misguided in my efforts)

one other time about 15 years ago. My friend and I had been drinking and decided that neither of us should be driving, so we pulled over to sleep it off. Someone called the police on us. The police tried to wake us up but couldn't, so they resorted to pulling us out of the vehicle by force. I just remember standing there with this young kid freaking out and shaking while waving a gun in my face and screaming "DON"T MOVE MOTHER FUCKER!!", while in the background I could see my friend holding the other officer by his hair on his knees and hitting him in the face. Eventually we were both charged with being drunk in public (the keys were in my pocket) and the assault charges against my friend were dropped because I guess he couldn't be held responsible for his actions, he was dragged from the vehicle in a dead sleep and just thought he was being attacked, he didn't realize it was the police. That one was the scariest, I thought that kid was gonna blast me just out of sheer terror, I guess his training held up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
nope.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, in a robbery attempt at the chain drug store I used to work at.  Thug with a revolver so rusted I initally thought is was a wood carving!
I ended up grabbing for the gun when he ordered everyone to lay facedown on the ground.  (I know, probaby stupid, but I wasn't going to go out like that) I grabbed the relic by the barrel and we struggled.  He wrenched the gun out of my hand, the front sight tearing the hell out of my palm.  He stepped back, leveled the gun at my chest and pulled the trigger.  

Nothing...

the gun didn't fire.
The "G" ran outta there like his baggy pants were on fire!  
Learned several lessons from that one,
1)Maintain awareness of your surroundings
2)when fighting for a weapon, grab the wrist
3)It sucks not being able to carry at work
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Once by MP's on Ft Knox.  Full "tactical" stop because I had reported one license plate stolen, and when I drove my car through the gate with the one remaining plate, some gung-ho super trooper mistook me for an ROP member.  

A few times in NJ by NJ's finest- big surprise there.    NJ police motto:  When in dobt: Draw Down!

Just remembered 2 times when I was a kid.  Once I was hanging out with a friend, some "hunter" threatened us with a 12 gauge.

Another time we were creeping through a guys yard and he yelled out "stop or I'll shoot"  We hauled ass, expecting a bullet to the back, but none was forthcoming.

Some kid shot at me with a BB gun.  I heard it buzz by my head.  

When I was a punk kid, my guardian angel worked overtime to keep me from getting shot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#33]
More than once in many free fire zones. I corps G.Co. Ranger team Oklahoma1969&1970                The only answer is happyness is a warm gun. Think about It.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Had it more than just pointed at me.

Same thing happened to me, my sister and a friend when we were about 4 years old.  It happened in the late '60s.  The bastard wanted to take out some little white kids I guess.  I can still remember that he had an Afro and was driving a dark green Chevrolet sedan.  Fortunately, we were small targets and he couldn't shoot very well.

When I was watching Blackhawk Down, I had a near flashback experience during the alley scene, when there were the sounds of bullets whizzing by and richocheting off of the buildings.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
<---pizza delivery driver  nuff said

+1

He made off with less than $20 but I got to keep the pizzas he ordered!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, once years ago.  I had a peeping tom looking in my back window at my ex-gf one night.  I grabbed my beretta and opened the window and stepped out (it was a big window and didn't have a screen).  He ran around to the front of the apartment building so I went back inside and out the front door.  My ex had called the police and they were rolling up just as I was running out the door in a pair of shorts with the gun in my hand.  They drew down on me and had me place it on the ground.  Then, once they figured out I was the good guy, they had me go with them to the front of the complex to ID the kid.  He was a neighbor of mine and admitted to doing it for a long time.  My ex used to walk around naked all the time.    He also had weed on him, so they busted him for that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Only once...cops.  Back in highschool, a friend decided to take his air pistol along with us, and put it in the floorboard of the front passenger side.  I get pulled over for bad driving (weird road, non-highway, but had 4 roads seperated by a median, each going one way...night time, no "do not turn" signs, turned down the wrong way, saw cars coming, jumped onto the grassy median, cops saw me, got pulled over).

Cop comes over to me and says "so what were you doing on the median".  His partner goes to the passenger side, sees the air pistol and says "there's a gun in the front seat", followed by his partner on my side pulling his gun and saying "place your hands where I can see them, step out of the car, step backwards, cross your legs", and various other assundry stuff.

So one of the cops keeps us detained, and the other starts searching my car.  Every minute or so, cop would hold up something, and the other cop would shine his flashlight on it.  They found some fireworks, a broken butterfly knife, and some chinese stars, a hatchet and saw (for cutting trees, we were trying to make bows at the time), and a bunch of tree limbs.  After about 45 minutes they told us to throw the butterfly knife and fireworks away and keep the chinese stars at home and let us go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, more than once...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Twice. Both times a 12 bore shotgun. The hole is pretty big viewed from that angle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#40]
More than a couple of times.  Unpleasant.

edit to add...in the line of duty, of course (USMC and PD), never recreationally.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#41]
yea. It sucks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep. Ventura County Sheriff Deputies, responding to the call of their fellow Tac-Team memeber who had decided to play highway patrolman while wearing a mechanic's outfit and driving a POS Dodge Neon with a cheese-dick red light in front of the rear-view mirror.
It was a Tuesday AM, I'm on the way to work. I'd caught up with him on a stretch of the 118 on the Moorpark end of Simi Valley. It's a freeway with two lanes in each direction. He was busy tailgating the shit out of old dodge van that was just BARELY passing an ancient pickup wiht a cab-over camper on it, when I caught up to them in my '73 Firebird. When the van finally got over, the bullet-headed mofo in the Neon didn't go much faster. So I followed the law and flashed my lights at him. He finally got over. When I passed, he immediately got behind me and flipped on this little POS red light. I'm thinking 'no fucking way this jerk is a real cop'.
As I continue down the highway at 70-75mph, he continues on my ass. I pull out my cellphone, dial 911 and tell'em what's up. I tell them I don't thing this asshole is a real cop, and if they'll send some black&whites I'll happily comply. Boy did they. We were just passing the nearest sheriff's station, southbound on the 23. They apparenly flushed the place. Within 90secs, I had three squad cars on my ass, too. I immediately pulled over.
Full felony stop. 'Hands out' 'keys out' 'get out' 'hands on your head' 'pull you jacket up by the collar and slowly turn around' - that's when I see four officers, over their doors, all aiming their pistols at me. I'm so surprised at the stupidity of it all, I'm almost laughing. Seriously.
'on you knees, cross your ankles'. I hear one of them coming up behind me, he steps on my toes, I feel him SHAKING as he grips my right wrist. I very calmly say 'officer, this is a misunderstanding and I am fully complying with your instructions'. he cuffs me, hauls me to my feet, walks me back to the nearest hood, while two others approach my vehicle and check it out. Officer #1 pats me down, finds my pagers (I'm an IT geek). I have to point out to him he missed the 2" gerber penknife in my front pocket. I then get stuffed in the back of a squad while bullet-head, 5 other officers and a Sgt / watch cmdr get thier shit in order.
meanwhile, I'm doing an impression of the average COPS perp, hollerin from the back seat of the squad that my cuffs are too fucking tight and I'm losing sensation in my hands.
A couple minutes later, I'm back out of the car, uncuffed, and the Sgt is asking me 'what's up, why were you speeding, why didn't you pull over'.
I mostly-calmly pitch a fit about bullet-head's driving, and his playing traffic cop while apparently dressed up for some Vice operation. Told them I could buy the same cheap-ass red light at any Pep Boys. Told them I called 911 for a REAL cop because I didn't believe he was one.
After flushing all that manpower out of the station, they couldn't just let me off the hook, so the mofos wrote me a speeding ticket.
I should have sued their asses for unnecessarily risking my life with their cowboy horseshit. I settled for a letter bitching to the Sheriff, and a letter to the local CHP station commander, telling him the Sheriff's were poaching on his turf. Never got more than a 'letter received' from the Sheriff.

Not the first time the police have fucked me, wasn't the last either.

At least they didn't shoot my dog.

ETA:  I laughed in their faces when they told me they were citing me for speeding. Pointed out what I was driving - a Formula 400 non-CA 320hp+ road-racer, and told them I hadn't been running from them, or it would have been a helluva chase.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yep. Ventura County Sheriff Deputies, responding to the call of their fellow Tac-Team memeber who had decided to play highway patrolman while wearing a mechanic's outfit and driving a POS Dodge Neon with a cheese-dick red light in front of the rear-view mirror.
It was a Tuesday AM, I'm on the way to work. I'd caught up with him on a stretch of the 118 on the Moorpark end of Simi Valley. It's a freeway with two lanes in each direction. He was busy tailgating the shit out of old dodge van that was just BARELY passing an ancient pickup wiht a cab-over camper on it, when I caught up to them in my '73 Firebird. When the van finally got over, the bullet-headed mofo in the Neon didn't go much faster. So I followed the law and flashed my lights at him. He finally got over. When I passed, he immediately got behind me and flipped on this little POS red light. I'm thinking 'no fucking way this jerk is a real cop'.
As I continue down the highway at 70-75mph, he continues on my ass. I pull out my cellphone, dial 911 and tell'em what's up. I tell them I don't thing this asshole is a real cop, and if they'll send some black&whites I'll happily comply. Boy did they. We were just passing the nearest sheriff's station, southbound on the 23. They apparenly flushed the place. Within 90secs, I had three squad cars on my ass, too. I immediately pulled over.
Full felony stop. 'Hands out' 'keys out' 'get out' 'hands on your head' 'pull you jacket up by the collar and slowly turn around' - that's when I see four officers, over their doors, all aiming their pistols at me. I'm so surprised at the stupidity of it all, I'm almost laughing. Seriously.
'on you knees, cross your ankles'. I hear one of them coming up behind me, he steps on my toes, I feel him SHAKING as he grips my right wrist. I very calmly say 'officer, this is a misunderstanding and I am fully complying with your instructions'. he cuffs me, hauls me to my feet, walks me back to the nearest hood, while two others approach my vehicle and check it out. Officer #1 pats me down, finds my pagers (I'm an IT geek). I have to point out to him he missed the 2" gerber penknife in my front pocket. I then get stuffed in the back of a squad while bullet-head, 5 other officers and a Sgt / watch cmdr get thier shit in order.
meanwhile, I'm doing an impression of the average COPS perp, hollerin from the back seat of the squad that my cuffs are too fucking tight and I'm losing sensation in my hands.
A couple minutes later, I'm back out of the car, uncuffed, and the Sgt is asking me 'what's up, why were you speeding, why didn't you pull over'.
I mostly-calmly pitch a fit about bullet-head's driving, and his playing traffic cop while apparently dressed up for some Vice operation. Told them I could buy the same cheap-ass red light at any Pep Boys. Told them I called 911 for a REAL cop because I didn't believe he was one.
After flushing all that manpower out of the station, they couldn't just let me off the hook, so the mofos wrote me a speeding ticket.
I should have sued their asses for unnecessarily risking my life with their cowboy horseshit. I settled for a letter bitching to the Sheriff, and a letter to the local CHP station commander, telling him the Sheriff's were poaching on his turf. Never got more than a 'letter received' from the Sheriff.

Not the first time the police have fucked me, wasn't the last either.

At least they didn't shoot my dog.

Dayum!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Seriously - you too?

In a nutshell, yes. It was not what it seemed, but none the less, Glock G22 pointed at my melon. I must say, it was quite exciting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Four cops, all with guns pointed at my head.  My offense?  Loose shotgun shells rolling around on the floor of my truck.  I was also armed with a cherry-flavored popsicle in my right hand.  Idiot cops handled the whole thing very poorly, but I did live to tell about it.

For example, when I was unable to turn the ignition switch to the "off" position, because I had said-popsicle in my right hand, I was told, in a "command-voice" to "THROW THE POPSICLE CLEAR OF THE VE-HI-CLE".  I shit you not.

Funny story, told in retrospect.  I had a serious hard on for stupid, poorly trained cops for quite some time after that little incident.  These guys had absolutely no problem with endangering my life (pointing their guns at my head, fingers on the trigger) before I was identified as any kind of threat to them, which I never was.

It goes to show you the very big differences in training and attitudes from cop to cop, agency to agency.  The incident above was with a small, suburban police department.  A few months later, I was stopped by Highway Patrolman for failing to signal when I was merging from one interstate to another.  I was on the way to the gun club, and had about half a dozen guns in the car.  As usual, there was also stuff like loose ammo in the cupholders.  When he walked up to my vehicle, he saw the ammo and asked me if I had any loaded guns in the car.  I said no, they were all unloaded.  He asked if there was anything else he had to worry about.  I said no again.  He then ran my license, came back, and gave me a warning.  He also advised me not to leave ammo lying around, but that it wasn't illegal (which I already knew).  It just makes some cops "jumpy", but obviously not him.  No shit.  It's been my experience that State Troopers are about a million times more experienced and professional than the typical small town cop.

Bottom-line.  During the warm months, I shoot at least once a week.  My car is never completely cleaned out, and there is almost always some kind of gun paraphenalia in it.  If this makes cops "jumpy", they need to get over it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, but he was a friend....

he was drunk and pissed off! Cause I smacked him in the face in front of his GF.

He came around the corner with a Sig, finger on the trigger. Saying something like "You asshole"
I don't remember, I was drunk too.

I laughed at him cause I thought it was unloaded.

Lucky for me he wasn't drunk enough to pull the trigger. I had a litte bit of pucker time though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#48]
3 cops drew their guns on me when I was 13.  I was walking around the neighborhood with a pellet gun that looked like a .357, someone called the cops.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes..when I was 16 walking to school!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top