Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]

"If you're in Iraq, you're covered; if you're in Afghanistan, you're covered," state Sen. Scott Thomas, D-Craven, told a Senate Judiciary committee. Mobilized members of the N.C. Army National Guard and the N.C. Air National Guard would also be covered.

Thomas said that he did not know how many people would be affected by the new law, adding that he did not think anyone keeps a record of how many military personnel hold concealed handgun permits.

"It may be one; it may be 1,000," Thomas said.

Wow. And from a D no less.

Really nice thing to do for the soldiers. They shouldn't have to worry about anything government related back here while they are overseas.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a good piece of legislation.  Unfortunately, some jurisdictions make it tough for military members to get a permit in the first place.  My sheriff in NC wanted letters of reference in order to issue one.    Kind of tough when I had just moved into the area, my 5th move in as many years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top