Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 3:16:58 PM EDT
My son has a wart on his chin under his lip. He actually got it from bitting his nails and he had one on his finger (told him he should not bite his nails)!!

Anyway, we had it frozen twice but the damn thing keeps coming back. Now he has another one right beside it. Any ideas on what to do? The Dermatoligist now has injected him with something call Canadia (sp?) that should up his immune system to attack the virus.

Any suggestions on how to kill these things or beef up his immune system to help fight them off. I feel bad for the little guy as I know he is embarassed by their appearance and location.

ASO
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'de follow the dermatologists advice.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick with the advice of your Dermatologist..... the guys on here will probably tell you to apply Hoppes #9 every 4 hours..................
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
CLP works better
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I would follow the dermatologist's advice to a T.  You don't want to mess around with something on the face that could leave a scar.  If need be, get a second opinion from another dermatologist.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]

There's always Tannerite
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, don't think I want to scar him up.....yet! I was told that apple cider vinegar is great to put on them and will kill the virus over the course of a week or two. You always hear about home remedies, but yet sometimes they do work. They froze the damn thing twice and yet it returned  right from the scab of the freezing.

Poor guy has two little nasty scabs on his chin. Looks like I have been burning him with cigaretts!!

ASO
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I know sometims they use a type of acid to burn them off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting, but I would guess the Duct Tape would be great for a finger, hand, ot foot, but the chin would be kinda hard. I wonder what helps stimulate ones immune system (Vitamins, V-Pack, etc...) to help fight the Virus?

Any health nuts out there?

ASO
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
[Uncle Buck]Here's a quarter. Go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face![/Uncle Buck]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Well at least 144 viewers have warts!!!!

Warts are a sign of inner corruption. God hates you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If the dermatologist says it'll work it should, if it reappears there are OTC wart removal kits and if anything they might have to put him on an anti-viral like Valtrex..... not it's not just for herpes..... it works
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Too bad my grandmother is no longer with us.  She was one of those Cajun "traiteuses", she could take a potato and do a little hoo-doo over the wart, bury the potato and "presto" no more wart.

People swear to me that it worked on them when she treated them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:Warts are a sign of inner corruption. God hates you.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Clerk: Oh, then you want "You’re a Naughty Child and That’s Concentrated Evil Coming out the Back of You."
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I always had better luck using aspirin rather than Compound W.

I've had a couple of employees that were told by two local doctors that warts were caused by psychological problems.  Their doctors suggested they see a psychologist.  What in the world are they teaching in medical school these days?z
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Nuke from orbit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was little - I got warts on my knees of all places.  My Great Grandma swore up and down that I got the warts because my immune system wasn't working correctly and she gave me Vitamin E twice a day and they went away.  Strange, you might try it.  My Grandfather pours turpentine on his.

Patty
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Blister Beetle Extract is your friend. Hurts like a bitch a few hours after application and makes a terrible blister but It does the job. I'm surprised your dermatologist didn't use that. Maybe because it's so close to the mouth.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
My dad worked on tv's/radios in his spare time when I was a kid. (For you young punks, it was when they both had tubes!!).  I remember walking up behind him while he was working on a tv.  There were lite whisps of smoke coming up from in front of him.  I figured he was soldering,  but when I looked over his shoulder, he was burning a wart off his thumb with his soldering iron.

I asked him, "Doesn't that hurt?"

I remember he looked at me and said, "Of course, but I ain't gonna pay a doctor to do something I can do for free."

Don't think that would work with your son though, I would follow the dermatolagists recommendations.

Cavu

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nuke from orbit.

it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well at least 144 viewers have warts!!!!

Warts are a sign of inner corruption. God hates you.

Thats not  a very nice thing to say for your 31st post!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.dansdata.com/images/tools/dpointy500.jpg

Take it like a man.

lump's is the man.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I had one once.  I cut it off with a toenail clipper (bled like a mofo), then covered it with Compound W to stem the blood flow and burn the root out.  I put the CW on for three weeks, which made a heckuva crater.  I now have almost no scar and no recurrence in many years.  Your boy will likely squeel a bit if you do this, so I'd suggest taking him somewhere where people can't hear, as they may call the authorities.  Good luck--they are unsightly as hell.  

Thats what I usually do, but I keep getting the same one on my left middle finger.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#29]
After using compound w till it is at the surface use a product called thuja occidentalis tincture applying it 4-5 times daily for 2 weeks.

Its mentioned in my PDR.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
You may want to starve a weasel for a few days and then let him have at it!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#31]
had one on my finger once, kept using a fingernail clipper to clip it off, it kept growing back, finally clipped it one last time and it never reappeared.  They bleed like stuck pigs though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
had one on my finger once, kept using a fingernail clipper to clip it off, it kept growing back, finally clipped it one last time and it never reappeared.  They bleed like stuck pigs though.

peds advice to us was mediplast (i think that is it...behind the counter at the pharmacy)..it is a pad with the compound w stuff on it...cut it to cover the wart only....keeping it always covered...when the wart starts to peel...clip everything loose off...recover...repeat til gone....
BUT i dont advise this for the face...feet and hands only....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#33]
"Why, you take your cat and go and get in the grave-
yard 'long about midnight when somebody that was
wicked has been buried; and when it's midnight a devil
will come, or maybe two or three, but you can't see
'em, you can only hear something like the wind, or
maybe hear 'em talk; and when they're taking that feller
away, you heave your cat after 'em and say, 'Devil
follow corpse, cat follow devil, warts follow cat, I'm
done with ye!' That'll fetch ANY wart."

Works every time!      

Good luck, that's all I got.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#34]
"Why, you take your cat and go and get in the grave-
yard 'long about midnight when somebody that was
wicked has been buried; and when it's midnight a devil
will come, or maybe two or three, but you can't see
'em, you can only hear something like the wind, or
maybe hear 'em talk; and when they're taking that feller
away, you heave your cat after 'em and say, 'Devil
follow corpse, cat follow devil, warts follow cat, I'm
done with ye!' That'll fetch ANY wart."

Works every time!      

That's all I got.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top