Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/11/2005 9:58:46 AM EDT
I lost mine in a tragic accident involving Clorox, a midget, some tongue depressers, and a shop-vac.

How about you?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I only have a .38 and a 10/22.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I lost mine in a tragic accident involving Clorox, a midget, some tongue depressers, and a shop-vac.

How about you?

A snorkel, a pair of vise grips, and that one fat guy that played comic relief on the original Kojak series.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Deep sea fishing accident - lost everything. Why I would have my entire gun collection with me while deep sea fishing? I don't know - maybe it was to protect from pirates arrrgh.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone seems to lose them on a boat.  Is that true, or is it some kind of joke?  If the former, how hard is it NOT to bring your entire gun collection on your farkin' boat???

ETA: The above is a fine example.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Everyone seems to lose them on a boat.  Is that true, or is it some kind of joke?  If the former, how hard is it NOT to bring your entire gun collection on your farkin' boat???

Might be a big boat, dude.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I lost them at the car wash. I drew dem down de drain.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Tragic fire hot enough to vaporize everything..........Insurance company acted quickly and I was able to build an exact replica of my house in a very short time.....even the neighbors didn't notice......................................................................................
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Fell in a man hole.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#9]
tragic cotton picker accident, those spindles can literally reduce a firearm to toothpick sized scraps of their former selves

im sorry.................i promised myself i wouldnt cry
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be a big boat, dude.

All mine were lost in a series of tragic canoe mishaps. You think I would have learned after the first few... but no.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nobody loses them all in a boating accident. You always leave your 10/22 and a .38 revolver in the car just in case there's a tragic accident. Try paying a little attention when you read, OK?

I lost mine when I pulled off the road to take a leak while en route to a chartered deep-sea fishing trip. Tragically, a sinkhole opened up and swallowed my car, in which I had my entire gun collection, which I always took with me when fishing offshore. Sadly, I had put my 10/22 and a .38 in the car as well, (just in case a tragic accident occurred while I was at sea with the rest of my gun collection)  so I don't have squat now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I never had any. Guns are scawy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody loses them all in a boating accident. You always leave your 10/22 and a .38 revolver in the car just in case there's a tragic accident. Try paying a little attention when you read, OK?

I lost mine when I pulled off the road to take a leak while en route to a chartered deep-sea fishing trip. Tragically, a sinkhole opened up and swallowed my car, in which I had my entire gun collection, which I always took with me when fishing offshore. Sadly, I had put my 10/22 and a .38 in the car as well, (just in case a tragic accident occurred while I was at sea with the rest of my gun collection)  so I don't have squat now.

Bullshit.

I have heard more than once how people lose their entire collections on a boat.  What is that, seriously?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Ummmmmm.................my dog ate them.   Ya....that's it. Then he ran away.......But... I do check every doggie-do-do I see in the chance I will find them .......Yep, thats my story.. and I'm stinkin', I mean, stickin' to it......  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

I have heard more than once how people lose their entire collections on a boat.  What is that, seriously?

You were apparently born missing the humor gene.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]
got a new welding set up and dewatted my guns and made a Peace sculpture out of them flying the UN flag
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bullshit.

Not bullshit. Boating can be very dangerous. Each year more guns are lost in boating accidents than any other type of vehicular accident. Don't believe me? Take your guns out for a little cruise around a lake, adn see how many get lost. Happens ALL the time, man.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Ice fishing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
All of My firearms were abducted by aliens.
The replacements were lost in a tragic accident involving a time machine and a condom.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ice fishing.

You need to cut a smaller hole.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Since "losing" property during divoce proceedings doesn't fly with family court judges, can y'all just imagine what a Special Firearms Terrorism Tribunal  would think of these little games?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

As a group, we boat a lot.  We usually take our entire collection along, even for short fishing trips.  Accidents happen.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#23]
9 months of unemployment.

Oh, wait...  This is supposed to be a humorous thread.  

Mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Well.  I was toying around with this chemistry project I found on the internet and an unfortunate series of events unfolded that ended up with all my firearms being destroyed by a violent thermite reaction.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I turned all mine in for Nike tennis shoes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah I had left the 10/22 and .38 in the car while I was deep sea fisting but the car apparently rolled off the dock and fell into the ocean while we were gone.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
All of My firearms were abducted by aliens.

God, I hate to think of your ARs undergoing the anal probe. . . .
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I was running out of crack money, so...

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Since "losing" property during divoce proceedings doesn't fly with family court judges, can y'all just imagine what a Special Firearms Terrorism Tribunal  would think of these little games?

They don't have jurisdiction in international waters. Boating accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Always wear a life jacket! I've been working on adapting a little one for a dachsund to work on an M4gery, but evry time I test it, *Ploop*, right to the bottom of the lake.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#30]
A tube of toothpaste and a jelly donut were involved in my loss.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I have to admit that I have lied about losing my guns in a boating accident.  I thought it would be a convenient and completely credible way to mislead others into believing that I don't own guns any more.  The truth is that I never owned any guns in the first place.  The belong to God.  I just borrow them from his safe from time to time.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Tragic circumstances involving a tube of toothpaste, tube socks and the neighbors dog. Sad, very sad.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a horrible smelting accident.

I Loooooooovvve Guuunnnns. De Tashte. De Schmell. De Tecktsure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#34]
What is this "gun collection" that you speak of?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#35]

I lost mine when I pulled off the road to take a leak while en route to a chartered deep-sea fishing trip. Tragically, a sinkhole opened up and swallowed my car, in which I had my entire gun collection, which I always took with me when fishing offshore. Sadly, I had put my 10/22 and a .38 in the car as well, (just in case a tragic accident occurred while I was at sea with the rest of my gun collection) so I don't have squat now.

NO SHIT!! Man, thats almost exactly how all of mine were lost. I swear it is a small, ironic world isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Can you say "Divorce"  ???????
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I had mine in a safe, but I lost the key and forgot the combination.  So I just took the whole thing to the dump and left it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I lost mine entire collection in a boating accident. Luckily nobody was hurt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.

You were apparently born missing the humor gene.

So it IS a joke
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
So it IS a joke

Boating accidents are no joke! Look here. Who's laughing now?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Well goddamn.  Keep your guns at home.  Boats+Guns=Not safe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#42]

I had left the 10/22 and .38 in the car while I was deep sea fisting but the car apparently rolled off the dock and fell into the ocean while we were gone.

Teh Ghey
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So it IS a joke

Boating accidents are no joke! Look here. Who's laughing now?

Actually, I am embarassed to admit this...but all my guns were on THAT boat! I still cry when I see that video.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#44]
I turned all mine in on a gun buy back program. I got a whole years worth of movie passes for Michael Moore movies.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I had left the 10/22 and .38 in the car while I was deep sea fisting but the car apparently rolled off the dock and fell into the ocean while we were gone.

Teh Ghey

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Actually, I am embarassed to admit this...but all my guns were on THAT boat! I still cry when I see that video.

Damn, Stoney-Point. I'm sorry to have opened an old wound, pal. Maybe you should sit back, relax, and just chill with a good Rosie O'Donnell movie or seven. Embrace the healing, man, embrace the healing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#47]
If things get that bad it's not time to lose them it's time to use them!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, Stoney-Point. I'm sorry to have opened an old wound, pal. Maybe you should sit back, relax, and just chill with a good Rosie O'Donnell movie or seven. Embrace the healing, man, embrace the healing.

Your right...seeing that much Rosie would incite me to go out and buy another gun....and then shoot myself.

And just exactly what IS a "good" Rosie O'Donnell movie?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I was sailing to Catalina Island and hit an iceberg.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Teh Ghey

Oh shit, talk about a typo!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top