Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 8:19:24 AM EDT
Ok, who makes a rack to hold a long gun under the rear seat of a chevrolet truck?

(this thread prompted by VTHOKIESHOOTER's truck-gun thread...)

Seems like you could get something to hold a long gun in place just under the front of the rear fold-up seat....?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.truckvault.com/seatvault.asp
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That's a little over-the-top.

I just want soemthing to keep the gun off the floor.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
esmet.com They will have something you can buy or modify.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

http://www.realtruck.com/php/duha.php
http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=1875
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#5]
How about about this:

Rifle It

Also, I think Cabela's has a seat cover that has sleeve that can hold a rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, let's back up a bit....

Remember in 1985 when every pickup truck had a gun rack in the back window?

I want one of those, for one gun, that attaches to the underside of my seat.

Not a locking case, not a $100 gadget.....just something to keep the gun from sliding around on the floor.

Does anyone make something like that? I want something simple, and easy to get to.

(but thanks for the links....neat-looking stuff, if you have the money)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
There was an item like you describe that was made for a few years until about 3 years ago IIRC....but the company went out of business and the website went down, so I deleted the bookmark.
edit to add: how about this:

http://accessory-center.com/series.plx/30/1534/2582
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a gun scabbard like you would put on an ATV. Mount it under the seat so that when you swing open the rear door, you are presented with the butt end of the gun.........
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
It's called a soft gun case...........
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Why not just mount about three strips of heavy velcro, spaced about 10 inches apart, under the seat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#11]
duct tape?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#12]
What about welding up a custom rack out od hardware store strap steel and coating it with that rubber 'tool handle dip'?  

It would be really easy and not very expensive at all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why not just mount about three strips of heavy velcro, spaced about 10 inches apart, under the seat.

That just might work.

Keep the ideas coming, guys.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I have also been looking for something like this.. So it could mount underneath my rear seat in my extended cab silverado. It seems like a great way to keep a truck gun out of sight, but no one seems to make it! If anyone finds it, let us know!

I have basically decided to buy a window gun rack from cabela's and modify as needed... I wish someone made something like this. Perhaps one of those overhead racks would work?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I dont really like the mounting, but damn, for $35, it is just about what I have been looking for

http://www.wildgoose.com/rackrite.htm
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Look up "lifejacket"  I'm getting one. I hate having my ar unsecure to and fron shooting.
Antway, it's not illegal here just to drive around ready.www.copsplus.com/prodnum2324.php".
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#17]
velcro sucks when the car gets hot, the stickiness of the backside just melts off. I tried to use velcro to keep one of my front driver side trays from flopping down all the time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#18]
jcwhitney once had a plastic tray / gunrack that went behind the seat. The bottom was a ~4" deep tray, good for holding all manner of things. Had two uprights just like a window rack, held two rifles, all behind the seat out of view.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe there's a difference in clearance or general "slideability" under the seats of the two models, but I easily carry an AK variant under the rear seat of my Dodge - couple of rags stuffed around it.  No rattle at all.  Can't get cheaper than that.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine is simple, I just use a soft gun case and put bungie cords around the case and the  head rests. Can't be seen and hangs about ten inches off the floor and is readily accessable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I dont really like the mounting, but damn, for $35, it is just about what I have been looking for

www.wildgoose.com/rackrite.htm

That is pretty darned close to what i want.

THANK YOU!!

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No kidding.
I have no problem slipping a hard plastic double rifle case under the seat in my Silverado.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.
I have no problem slipping a hard plastic double rifle case under the seat in my Silverado.

Kinda hard to quick-draw from one, though, eh?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.

That's what the CCW is for.
Just going by the first post, which said nothing about quick draw.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.

That's what the CCW is for.
Just going by the first post, which said nothing about quick draw.

But I did specify a 'rack' instead of a 'case' or 'vault'.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over the top?  That thing is friggin kickass.  Likely to go unnoticed in a normal vehicle break in, likely to be too much trouble for an abnormal vehicle break in.  Popo will not be able to open it if they say they have cause to search your vehicle w/o a warrant.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over the top?  That thing is friggin kickass.  Likely to go unnoticed in a normal vehicle break in, likely to be too much trouble for an abnormal vehicle break in.  Popo will not be able to open it if they say they have cause to search your vehicle w/o a warrant.

None of which concerns me nearly as much as the idea that *I* might not be able to get in when i need to......

I want something that will allow me to access a shotgun with one hand without stopping the vehicle.

I think the wild-goose thing will do it. Gonna try it, anyway.

Having said that, truckvaults are nice. I just don't feel like they meet my needs in this case.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have any experience with the Rifle-It™ system? That looks like a good thing but I've never seen one installed.  Don't like buying sight unseen.

I had a set of those saddle blanket type seat covers in my old Chevy that had a scabbard built into the front of it. Shotgun would hang down in front of the bench seat. A pain to get to but was always there and out of sight of prying eyes.  My Dodge has a split bench so it won't work in it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
tag.... getting a new truck soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
The wildgoose is amost perfect, but I think the straps might permentatly dent your seat if you keep it installed a long time. I would like one that mounts just to the underside of the seat.. grr... why does no one make this?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The wildgoose is amost perfect, but I think the straps might permentatly dent your seat if you keep it installed a long time. I would like one that mounts just to the underside of the seat.. grr... why does no one make this?

I'm not planning on trading the truck anytime soon.

I can live with dents. I'm ordering one in a few minutes.

<---off to spend more money on gun stuff.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#34]
*sigh*

The link to buy the rackrite takes you to a different product the same company sells.

Waiting on return email from them.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with the Rifle-It™ system? That looks like a good thing but I've never seen one installed.  Don't like buying sight unseen.

Looks good, but I have doubts about it holding an AR with just a 20rd mag in it, let alone a 30.

The roof racks that bolt through the roof work great, actually, but you have to deal with the holes in the roof....

rifle-it doesn't look sturdy enough to suit me, and I doubt it would hold an AR.

If I were a cop, drilling holes in my roof wouldn't bother me.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't order from the Wildgoose site since it brings up the wrong product Stealth Game Camera MC2G Order Form and it doesn't even have a secure connection, no little yellow lock in the lower right corner. Plus, the site looks like a 12 year old designed it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I wouldn't order from the Wildgoose site since it brings up the wrong product Stealth Game Camera MC2G Order Form and it doesn't even have a secure connection, no little yellow lock in the lower right corner. Plus, the site looks like a 12 year old designed it.

Yeah, I noticed.

I'm hoping they'll return my email.

Gonna try to send 'em a paypal payment or a MO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top