Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 4:56:24 AM EDT
the police to serving the public, as public servants, accountable to the people themselves, not protected by unions, lawyers, courts or their code of silence!

Being that 50% of all loss of life in their ranks is due to suicide, they may very well need to be disarmed for reasons of public safety!

LET ER RIP!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The suicide rate among Vietnam vets is higher than our own body count was over there.

Perhaps, we should just ban the armed services as well.  We can teach sewing, cooking and how to choose the right colours for your body.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#5]
zx2  Where'd you get that?

Norm
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Amazing how people like this derive some twisted gratification from slinging mud.  
View Quote

Is this the same doorgunner that was firing full auto on the church in WACO, TX.?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The suicide rate among Vietnam vets is higher than our own body count was over there.

View Quote

Strange I do not remember post about nam vets, it is about another topic all together!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it was PBS that had a special on vets and causes of death about a week ago.  I caught about 5 minutes of it and it was during this time that they mentioned all of the suicides.  They then went on to focus on one particular vet who went through hell for years, finally went to a shrink and was diagnosed with PTSD.  He had constant headaches from a headshot that he had suffered over there and one day went out with a shotgun and killed himself.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think it was PBS that had a special on vets and causes of death about a week ago.  I caught about 5 minutes of it and it was during this time that they mentioned all of the suicides.  They then went on to focus on one particular vet who went through hell for years, finally went to a shrink and was diagnosed with PTSD.  He had constant headaches from a headshot that he had suffered over there and one day went out with a shotgun and killed himself.
View Quote

PBS is slanted in the way they present their programming!

PTSD is common throughout all walks of life, it can be non-combat related too. Some can deal with it while others cannot, this is why some choose to end their pain, problem is however, LEO types usually take innocent family members, even bystanders with them when they choose to make their exit, thus the public safety issue!

I am all for lawfull police, but cannot find any these days in this once great nation of ours!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Andrea, I thought you gave us your final goodbye some time ago.  Is your sentence up already?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the police to serving the public, as public servants, accountable to the people themselves, not protected by unions, lawyers, courts or their code of silence!

Being that 50% of all loss of life in their ranks is due to suicide, they may very well need to be disarmed for reasons of public safety!

LET ER RIP!
View Quote

Is it my imagination or has this forum been full of adolescents lately? School is definitely out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I know that PTSD does not stay to just combat troops.  I know it on a personal level.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey Andrea, I thought you gave us your final goodbye some time ago.  Is your sentence up already?
View Quote

After reading some of the strings I'm back to bust some whiner and wanker LEO bal_s again, and it is fun, fun, fun, fun!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally I am happy that andreusan
started this topic and is educating us with these statistics. Other wise we may never have known all of this.
So tell us andreusan how long have you been a police officer and where can we find these stats. Until now, in spite of spending my entire adult life as a police officer, I was not aware that 50% of LEO deaths were from sucide, much less that they killed a shit load of other people when they offed themselves.
And hey, while were at it, I've been thinking of coming out of retirement and doing some part time work as a reserve officer locally. Can you tell me where to find all of these unionsm, lawyers, courts and code of silence. I could have really used all of that before and sure would like to have it now if I go back to work.

As always it is so helpful to be able to learn from an expert in the field.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#17]
SGB, 14 CHEEKS, 7 ASSHOLES... WOW IT IS A 21 ASS SALUTE !!!!
does that mean the clown icon is the one in charge ??
[x]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top