Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2005 7:15:25 PM EDT
Will really crappy ammo cause stovepiping and ftf every other shot?  I have a Glock 34 and never had a problem with ftf until recently.  Or do you think it might be some other problem with the gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It would help if we knew what ammo you're using
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds right
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Clean your gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Clean your gun.

Or buy a 1911
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like someone is trying to use Blazer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 Limp wristing?  

You're thinking of "smear the Queer." That's a few threads down.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What ammo are you using?

It is some factory reloads I picked up at the gunshow.  It turns out it has a very inconsistent powder load.  Most of them aren't strong enough to eject the case properly.  

No, I am not limp wristing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:36:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What ammo are you using?

It is some factory reloads I picked up at the gunshow.  It turns out it has a very inconsistent powder load.  Most of them aren't strong enough to eject the case properly.  

No, I am not limp wristing.

Well dont' buy from that guy again!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Will really crappy ammo cause stovepiping and ftf every other shot?  I have a Glock 34 and never had a problem with ftf until recently.  Or do you think it might be some other problem with the gun.

Yes it will,especially with the 34,which has a longer slide and bbl,underpowered ammo would cause problems.Give it a good cleaning,use some factory ammo and it should work ok.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:32:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it will,especially with the 34,which has a longer slide and bbl,underpowered ammo would cause problems.Give it a good cleaning,use some factory ammo and it should work ok.

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]
My old G36 would feed everything but PMC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Who in their right mind buys gunshow reloads? Haven't there been enough warnings about that floating around on the internet? The last thing you want is one of those gunshow people loading a volitile substance, then detonating it in your hand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Who in their right mind buys gunshow reloads? Haven't there been enough warnings about that floating around on the internet? The last thing you want is one of those gunshow people loading a volitile substance, then detonating it in your hand.

yep.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep.

BS, Been buying from the same guy for 10 years now. He makes the best stuff I have ever seen, I have shot literally 10s of thousands of rounds from him. Never a problem, and as good as or better then factory ammo. He inspects each and every round by hand. He just loaded my up 1000 rounds of match grade ammo for my AR, and since he shoots at Camp Perry, when he says match, he mean match.
  Now, if you're talking about the crap looking junk, looks as if it went thru WW3, sold by some of these idiots that call themselves reloaders, sure, i'd stay away too. But the biggest crap I have bought lately has been PMC which is CRAP, and out of spec so far it won't even chamber.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I beg to differ, I buy Miwall reloads at the gunshow and they work great.  even in my glock .40 cal
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I beg to differ, I buy Miwall reloads at the gunshow and they work great.  even in my glock .40 cal

It's a bit different with Miwall and Magtech reman ammo.Even then I'm a bit dubious of the quality of those manufacturers.

Who I'm really talking about the guy at the gunshow that sells his reloads in plastic baggies and obviously has made one too many trips to the beef jerky guy. I like my fingers too much to take chances.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
A Glock should work with any ammo of moderate quality even CCI Blazer (never heard of problems with this stuff)..

Sounds like you got really shitty ammo... Had this problem in an AR with gunshow reloads...
Cases werent sized all the way

If you want to save money...invest money...in a Dillon 550...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top