Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2005 5:10:54 PM EDT

That looked cool!!!   Dark and violent!  

If Episode 3 is going to be as cool as the extended trailer (that they just showed on Fox) makes it look, George Lucas may just redeem himself for some of the lameness of the previous two.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If Episode 3 is going to be as cool as the extended trailer (that they just showed on Fox) makes it look, George Lucas may just redeem himself for some of the lameness of the previous two.

Umm, a link would be nice here.  HellllllOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The man can't write worth shit, so I am not optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't know how to link to something on my television that happened 15 minutes ago  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know how to link to something on my television that happened 15 minutes ago  

Use the force
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You are getting your hopes up.  It will suck ass.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hehe... Just like my wife...

She starts a conversation in her head, then starts speaking halfway through her conversation...
She looks at me like I should know what she's talking about... As if I've been reading her mind the first half of the conversation...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You watch 'The OC'?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You watch 'The OC'?

The what now?

I was actually on the phone with my fiancee - who apparently is a bigger nerd than me, and was waiting for the trailer to come on - and she told me to flip over to fox and watch.

Is the OC that really lame-looking show that came on after the trailer?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
uh the first two made me want to kill George Lucas and then myself.  No way in hell am I going to see the third one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes.  I was just making sure.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The what now?

I was actually on the phone with my fiancee - who apparently is a bigger nerd than me, and was waiting for the trailer to come on - and she told me to flip over to fox and watch.

Sure pal, we believe you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I would like to know this. If this is before Star Wars, how did the technology get better? The 2st three real movies were great, the other two they made sucked. I am sure this one will suck as well.

I guess they need the geeks of this generation..I was one then..
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Not really.  I'm sure it'll suck as much as the last two.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I liked the prequels and this movie looks great. I cannot wait.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]
What did I miss?  A trailer on TV?

Huh?  Who?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
The OC rocks, I am not excited about the next Star Wars.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, I would like to know this. If this is before Star Wars, how did the technology get better?

I think the argument is that some technology (especially consumer goods) and development stagnated under the Empire - kind of like in centrally planned economies on Earth.

Doesn't Obi-Wan make a comment in Episode IV that things were more "elegant" in the old Republic?

I dunno - it's gotta be hard to make everything consistent when making three prequels.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Sin City Trailer>Star Wars III Trailer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In spite of myself I'm hoping 3 will be cool enough to justify having to sit thru the crap that was 1 & 2 (minus the Yoda fight scene which kicked ass).

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I liked the prequels and this movie looks great. I cannot wait.

You liked that drivel and are so adamantly opposed to Fight Club?  The irony...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Im sorry, but suck or not I cant wait to see it.

The jedi battles alone will be worth the $8

FREE
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little googling reveals:

The much anticipated full release trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is on its way. Consisting of over two minutes of new footage from the movie, the full trailer will soon appear on television, on starwars.com and in theaters.

First, on Thursday, March 10th at 8 p.m., be sure to tune in to FOX to catch an all new episode of "The O.C." During the broadcast, FOX will air the Episode III trailer.

The trailer will debut online for members of starwars.com Hyperspace after the broadcast (around 9:00 p.m. Pacific time). Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer at this time as well.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Just saw the trailer on TV.

There are two types of movies I always pay to see... James Bond and Star Wars.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#24]
See teaser trailer here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little googling reveals:

The much anticipated full release trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is on its way. Consisting of over two minutes of new footage from the movie, the full trailer will soon appear on television, on starwars.com and in theaters.

First, on Thursday, March 10th at 8 p.m., be sure to tune in to FOX to catch an all new episode of "The O.C." During the broadcast, FOX will air the Episode III trailer.

The trailer will debut online for members of starwars.com Hyperspace after the broadcast (around 9:00 p.m. Pacific time). Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer at this time as well.

$40 for a membership?!?!?!?!

He's out of his fuckin' mind!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm half temted to post the DK Star Wars photocop here.

The movie does look like it's going to be good though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
So the trailer's at the beginning of the show?  I figured they'd put it at the end to force you to watch most of the crap show before they got to the trailer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm half temted to post the DK Star Wars photocop here.

At least I wasn't wearing wooden shoes in it.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I liked Episode 1, but didn't care for 2. The fight scenes seemed to get gayer in 2. In one, I was pretty impressed. It was no fat kid with a stick, but hey.
Maybe I'll look at it once someone rips it to the computer. I'm not going to loose any sleep over not seeing the trailer tonight.
Both episode 1 and 2 lacked a fleet battle, which really took it down a notch for me.
-Steve
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#30]
They lost me when the Force became a blood borne micro organism.

Is it just me?  Does no one remember seeing the original in a sit down theatre after waiting around the back of the theatre for the 9PM show?

Fucking out of body experience.

I hate movies now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#31]
sorry

missed it
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You watch 'The OC'?

The what now?

nice cover story

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, I would like to know this. If this is before Star Wars, how did the technology get better?

I think the argument is that some technology (especially consumer goods) and development stagnated under the Empire - kind of like in centrally planned economies on Earth.

Doesn't Obi-Wan make a comment in Episode IV that things were more "elegant" in the old Republic?

I dunno - it's gotta be hard to make everything consistent when making three prequels.

The ships and other technology from the Old Republic were sleek and refined because they were built during "peacetime", when style was a matter of course.

Contrast the Empire tech (Star Destroyers, Tie Fighters, Death Star interiors) which were blocky, angular, and utilitarian: there was a MASSIVE  war war going on, and what counted then was not an attractive design but a simpler type that could be made in MASS quantities.

Lucas intended it to be this way from the start.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#34]
torrent here

Star Wars Ep 3 trailor

you need a bittorrent client to download it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#35]
He hasn't put anything out worth a crap in decades.  That last Star Wars movie literally took me 10 attempts to watch...I kept falling asleep, even in the middle of the day!!

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
www.worstkind.com/Swe3_large.mov

here is the best trailer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

YEAH!!!    Episode 3 of .........Cabin Boy!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't seen the last two prequels, and I won't see this one either.

BTW, the only reason I still own a VHS player is so I can watch the real Star Wars movies in their original, un-tampered-with glory.

One of my life goals is to own the 1995 THX editions on DVD. Maybe once Lucas kicks the bucket.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So the trailer's at the beginning of the show?  I figured they'd put it at the end to force you to watch most of the crap show before they got to the trailer.

The trailer was at the end of the show.  Maybe they showed another episode afterward?...

I've never watched The OC, but Fox had been promoting the trailer all week (Apparently there's a character on the show that's a Star Wars geek and they thought it would be a cute tie-in.  For my money, they should have aired it during That 70's Show - Eric Foreman reminds me of some of my friends back when the first one (officially the fourth one, of course) originally came out. )

Anyway, I had seen their preview of the preview earlier in the week (maybe on 24?) and set my DVR to record The OC just so I could see the trailer.  FWIW, I have to agree with DK-Prof - the trailer looks promising.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I haven't seen the last two prequels, and I won't see this one either.

This is no different from atheists posting in garandman's religious threads  

BURN HIM !!   He's a witch!!!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#41]
He turned me into a newt!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#42]
It might be ok.... it they keep that fuckin jarjar out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, first off I liked the 2 previous prequels.  Not the greatest but due to my love of the originals I like these as well.

This trailer they just showed literally looked way better than I was hoping.  If the movie even remotely lives up to the trailer it will rock hardcore.  That was a badass trailer if ever there was one...  The movie certainly looks nice and dark (and Lucas has said it would be the darkest of the series I believe).  That can't be a bad thing as it's when he tries to do sappy happy moments that things fall apart IMO...

The fleet battles look awesome and on a scale not seen before, as did the light saber battles and it appears there are alot of them.  The quick flash of Yoda fighting The Emperor in the middle of the senate chamber with the emporer force throwing the huge circular flying Senatorial seat things looked pretty darn cool.  I also really want to see what happens with the Emperor fighting Windu and the 3 or so other Jedi that came to arrest him in the trailer, looked like he was about to open up a huge can of whoopass on Samuel L and company...  

I can't wait to see it...  It will be worth it just to see the Jedi fall in grand fashion...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#44]
tag for my boy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#45]
He'll fuck it up.  Anyone want to put some money against that one?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#46]
well given the bad press of the last two. which i like by the way, this will be the last one more than likely. I am going to miss them all very much. the actors in the first three, are old now. Ah! the old republic, it was more elegant. More honorable too. Kinda reminds me of the old days before WW1, before the IRS, before the federal reserve. The Victorian age. Back when cops had the guts to get an armed man, without the need for new law. They had right on their side.

Yea I miss it already.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#47]
The guy in the red shirt's gonna be the first to get it...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:57:13 AM EDT
[#48]
'Nother link for you guys, in case the others don't work (redundancy is good).

Episode III trailer
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
www.worstkind.com/Swe3_large.mov

here is the best trailer.

Well, let me say this...

THAT WAS FRIKKEN HILARIOUS!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#50]
And another:Episode 3 Trailer
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top