Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 6:58:49 PM EDT
Ok we have all seen the threads dealing with this or that idiot with a gun...and they have their place.  HOWEVER.....

I happen to be of the opinion that "in general" gun owners happen to be great people...

Case in point.....

This past weekend I went to a local Level II IPSC match.  I R/O'd all day Saturday and went to shoot on Sunday..Everything was going great Until my fouth stage...my Springfield 1911 started to jam.....We stripped her down and could not find a problem....So I blamed my ammo ( I reload ).  On to the next stage...JAM JAM JAM JAM...It got so bad that I finally locked it up and tore open my hand on the sight( sharp edged bomar)..   Back to taking it apart....by this time word had gotten around that I had a problem ( BTW I am only a C class shooter and not all that well known) In no time I had several of the areas MASTERS poring over my gun to figure it out...Mystery solved!  My barrel lug had cracked and was throwing off the timing....Great I am sunk I declared...Not so...turns out one of the Wizards had brought a Standard gun as well as his race gun...He tore his gun apart and tossed me the barrel, and I finished the last stage.Needless to say my match results as a whole SUCKED as I had blown Three stages before I found the problem.  However......GUN OWNERS RULE!!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great Thread !!!!!
I carry a gun everyday and not once have I wanted to kill mass amounts of people.

[8]
View Quote

Are  you sure??  The anti gunners up here in Canada are certain that all guns were designed to kill people!!  I guess you are not putting them to their proper use.  You had better get on that and make their case for them.

Nobody else have any POSITIVE stories??

Hmmm maybe the antis are right.

Well thats official....since there are no other positive gun stories....guns must be evil,

I find it interesting that we all have stories about the idiot at the range, the idiot at the gun show, Stupid Gun tricks etc.....

Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
btt

or is it not a great thread??
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I find gun owners to be much nicer than most. You get a few who do stupid things, but 90% of the time they listen and follow your suggestions.
Compared to drivers, who only do 10%.

I go shooting at an un-official range, and it is great to see how people help each other out, let you try out other people's guns, give shooting tips. A good camraderie.

I think some of that is us against them. I see the same with smokers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top