Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 2:23:36 PM EDT
Here is an article explaining why you should quit complaining and support the only group preserving your gun rights.
[url]www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2140[/url]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that is unfortunate.  What is sad is his positions are considered "Pro-RKBA" in today's ultra-liberal society.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Become a lobbyist.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Let's see the great and mighty and, dare I say it?, god-like NRA is doing the followin to gunowners in NC:

they did nothing to try and stop a safe storage law that would have required gun owners to keep their guns locked up at all times, even if they weren't in their own home!  Fortunately, GRNC did not shrink from the spotlight, called the law a Rapist Protection Act and rallied the troops to kill it

they are currently supporting a law to close the non existent gun show loophole in NC.

You can have the NRA anytime you wish, but I will not support an organization that actively campaigns to take away my rights.

Also, never rely on any org to voice your concerns.  Take the 15-20 minutes it takes a week and do it yourself.  If you want to do more, start writing op-eds and retorts to the antis for your local papers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Q:  And the other option is....?

A:  A Democrat who [red]supports [i]all[/i] gun control.[/red]

The NRA is simply telling the voters "this guy isn't perfect, but if you don't get out and vote, the other clown will win and [b]then[/b] where will we be?"  You may not like it, but the lesser of two evils is, in fact, the better choice.

Ladies and gentlemen, the NRA has about 4 million members.  That's less than 2% of the population.  We're [b]far[/b] from a majority.  If every NRA member in N.J. voted for a Libertarian candidate, that candidate would still come in third.

You can tilt at windmills all you want, but you aren't going to be putting a staunch pro-2nd candidate into any elected position - actively supporting the right to keep and bear arms is the [b]definition[/b] of "politically incorrect".  Translation:  "unelectable".

We aren't going to correct the problem from the top down.  We have to correct it from the bottom up.  Remember - our elected representatives do just that - represent the majority of the people who vote them into office.  Judging from the qualities of those currently in office, this seems to indicate that the majority of the people are complete idiots.[sniper]

P.S.:  zx2 wrote
Also, never rely on any org to voice your concerns. Take the 15-20 minutes it takes a week and do it yourself. If you want to do more, start writing op-eds and retorts to the antis for your local papers.
View Quote

[i][b]EXACTLY right[/i][/b]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Here is an article explaining why you should quit complaining and support the only group preserving your gun rights.
View Quote

Gee I thought the GOA was preserving our gun rights, too.  Oh you must have meant the NRA was the only RKBA group to sell out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]
THE (NATIONAL REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION)SUCKS
just another list in case big bro missplaces his!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Good job!!!
Membership in any orginization
that lobbies at the state level should be discouraged, especially in a
time when antis are focusing their efforts
there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#10]
The NRA has its' collective head up its' butt and they make a bad situation even worse...

Go with the GOA---The only Honest Game in Town, and they aren't Confused by the Words: "...Shall Not Be Infringed..."

[img]http://a1964.g.akamai.net/7/1964/1392/1dcf6501c8f9fa/images.ucomics.com/comics/mb/2001/mb010627.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Mr Boffo rules!

I belong to GOA and to Grass Roots North Carolina.  They both are willing to take the fight to the antis rather than poorly reacting to what the antis are doing.

GRNC organized a march for the 2000 NRA meeting when they heard that the antis were planning to show up (a small, very small handful did).  They also found out about new gun legislation that the antis were trying to slip by because they thought that all the "gun nuts" would be distracted by the convention.  Not with GRNC.  They handed out postcards on the spot, asked us to read, sign and hand over to them so they could be mailed out ASAP.  The legislation died a quick death.

I have tried contacting the NRA on state issues so that NC NRA members could be made aware of some really bad laws.  One of them happened to be the "safe storage" law.  Basically I was asked not to bother them as there are usually local orgs that take care of that sort of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top