Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 2:19:40 PM EDT
Well, I must admit that when I heard about the kid who was suspended over the "Straight Pride" shirt I admitted that it was pretty "in-your-face" and under certain circumstances he should be suspended (such as walking into a meeting of the campus Gay Student Support Group and dancing around taunting the poor misguided souls). He did no such thing, and while it was in poor taste, that is what the 1st Amendment is all about. I think he won an injunction against the school, which I cheered.

Now I saw this today. HELLO WORLD. Apparently Rednecks are now a protected class, to wit "the word "redneck" had a racist connotation and was slang for a violent, bigoted person"

Read about it for yourself [url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20010626-90185982.htm[/url]

All I can say is teachers are stupider than Rednecks.

Madkiwi
[blue]just tweeked the link[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
let dem yankees think we're hurt by words and need to be protected from them. They obviously don't know who they're dealing with, and that will make their annexation that much easier if they don't know their enemy. When we come rollin into new york city in armor plated duallys jack-black in hand and Hank Junior blasting they might think twice when they call us a redneck and all we say is "damn straight" and then just cause we got a wild hair anyway..peg em in the forehead with yon whiskey bottle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
dem yankees are sure gonna be surprised when they get to the pearly gates and Saint Peter says"ya'll git in th' truck, we're going up to the big house now"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top