Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2005 2:33:24 PM EDT
I was just here in the library researching for a paper, I noticed that she was looking at many of the books that I was looking at. So i ask her are you working on this project too? anyways she was and we made some small talk, well I figure i will get back to work because i dont want to bother her when she is trying to work, anyways she keeps coming up to me and making small talk and joking around.

thats when i am thinking wow this girl is really cute and funny and i think she likes me. then she keeps on talking and coming back to my area, we just sat down and talked for about a hour when we were suppose to be researching.  So i have to go and i think well lets grab those digits and bam, "well i have a boyfriend"

i swear sometimes i just can't get a read on woman, i though the phone number would be a sure thing, why would she bother to keep BSing with me if she wasn't interested.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
awe that sucks, bet you felt like a a hole after she said she had a boyfriend.

You know what i say, "so what I have a girlfriend, that makes us even"
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've given up trying to understand females. It's more difficult than any math or engineering course.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You're doing fine, they have no fucking clue.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
She was giving out signals, and you took her up on them.

She's just another flirt with nothing to back it up, dude.  Sorry.  Some chicks like to play games and it pisses me off since it gives the rest of us such a bad rep.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
"Well don't expect me to invite him with us on our date," should've been the response.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
is it possible you said something that made her want to change her mind?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"Well don't expect me to invite him with us on our date," should've been the response.

damn thats a good reply, wish i would have used it.

i just said, "well he is a lucky guy"
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Happens to me all the time.  That's what you get when you spend countless hours on the internet while munching on Doritos getting fat!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Happens to me all the time.  That's what you get when you spend countless hours on the internet while munching on Doritos getting fat!

what i am not fat nor do i even eat doritos and i dont even have the internet at my house!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking.  You should never, ever, mention guns around women.  Women hate guns.  When a woman asks you what your hobbies are, lie through your teeth and tell her you like to travel to Europe and shit like that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

cant really think of anything stupid i said, she didn't mention a boyfriend while i was talking with her, she mentioned some ex boyfriends, and actually what made me really think she was interested was that she is new here, and was asking alot about stuff to do. I though she was practically asking me to ask her, WTF over.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what i am not fat nor do i even eat doritos and i dont even have the internet at my house!

Don't ever get the internet at your house.  It's evil and it will make you a fat slob.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
What she says : "well i have a boyfriend"

What she means : "well i have a boyfriend, but I still want to fuck around"
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
You could have said something like, " well I'm not surprised, but I doubt he can cook like me." Then while writing down your number, tell her to call you when she wants you to make her dinner. She will know what you mean, and if she is a little slut, will probably call you!
Of course, I would not have thought to say this until 5 minutes after she was gone!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking.  You should never, ever, mention guns around women.  Women hate guns.  When a woman asks you what your hobbies are, lie through your teeth and tell her you like to travel to Europe and shit like that.

I didn't, my hobbies include, being sensative, snuggling, helping injured animals and shopping
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I wish, i didn't get a number or nothing, all she said was you should come sit by me in class sometime.
WTF does that mean? fuck that if i want to BS i will do it with my friends and a 24pack of coors while watching Heat and playing with my glock.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish, i didn't get a number or nothing, all she said was you should come sit by me in class sometime.
WTF does that mean? fuck that if i want to BS i will do it with my friends and a 24pack of coors while watching Heat and playing with my glock.

At this point if largely ignore her and giver just a wee bit of attention every now and then, she will bug you mercilessly.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

She's just another flirt with nothing to back it up, dude.  Sorry.  Some chicks like to play games and it pisses me off since it gives the rest of us such a bad rep.

Hold up there...

There's a big difference between holding on a converstaion and flirting, or "putting out signals." There's also a big difference between enjoying a converstaion with another person and continuing it, and playing games.

However, to a lot of guys, they are one and the same. Making eye contact with a guy gets translated as "she wants me" (or a form of it).

She was not necessarily "flirting" or leading him on. Just because she didn't say "buzz off, creep" doesn't mean that she was "playing games."
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there's your problem right there. How the heck and you gonna practice your computer hacking skills? Girls only want boyfriends with skills.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold up there...

There's a big difference between holding on a converstaion and flirting, or "putting out signals." There's also a big difference between enjoying a converstaion with another person and continuing it, and playing games.

However, to a lot of guys, they are one and the same. Making eye contact with a guy gets translated as "she wants me" (or a form of it).

She was not necessarily "flirting" or leading him on. Just because she didn't say "buzz off, creep" doesn't mean that she was "playing games."

good point but im a guy i have to say if I make eye contact with a girl and if i was in the situation where she approaches me and starts talking and talking plus she was asking about things to do. I mean come on, you ladies need to understand we dont make friends with girls. If you talk to us for a long while out of the blue we are going to think you like us.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make things easier  sounds like she approached him though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#22]
it sounds to me that she is interested even though she has a bf. what was your follow up to her saying she has a bf. she might still be open to a date if you play your cards right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold up there...

There is

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold up there...

If I'm flirting, I'm giving out signals.

I'm taken, therefore I don't flirt anymore.

She was flirting, correct?  Mentioning ex's in past tense usually classifies somewhere in the flirting range.

It should be as simple as that.  Sheesh, no wonder guys can never uinderstand women.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]
so sign off and go exercise...

This chick i met a few days ago at a friend's (she's the friend's cousin) and subsequently fooled around with told my buddy to tell me to call her and gave him her # (my dumb ass didn't ask her for it at the time).  So i call her today, we talk a while, and i ask her out sometime, subject kinda changes, and she says she's got a boyfriend and that they were taking a break from each other; apparently, she'd rather blow him off than argue with him.  SHe said he's coming home from school tonight, and they're gonna try talking about it, but she doesn't give much hope for it.    whatever...we're planning to get together sometime next week, but i'm a little skeptical.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
it sounds to me that she is interested even though she has a bf. what was your follow up to her saying she has a bf. she might still be open to a date if you play your cards right.

she said i have a bf.... i dont think he would like that and kinda laughed, then she said really nice talking with you and then made the comment about sitting by her in class.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#27]
now that i look at the AAR, i think i should have just asked her if she was seeing someone when she was mentioning old Boy friends.  that would have gotten me a direct answer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Sucks when that happens but then you just have to remember that they are not as smart as us with our bigger brains. It's science.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#29]
We need some Leykis 101 and ladder theory, stat.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

well shit i wasn't trying to go for the friend ladder, i made a attempt.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold up there...

I don't think being chatty with an 18-22 yo guy is going to get any girl a new buddy. Face it men are all horn dogs at that age. She likely knew it. And that whole, "well I have a boyfriend" roughly translates to "I'm not really a chick who picks up guys at the library". Ever know an 18yo chick WITHOUT a boyfriend?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

+1

Many women are simply attention junkies.  Once you paid attention to her by asking her out, she had what she wanted.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Many women are simply attention junkies.  Once you paid attention to her by asking her out, she had what she wanted.

sober woman are starting to piss me the fuck off, and people wonder why i like hookers
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#34]
The BF thing is to tell you that you just have to work harder.  She is interested and telling you that you have a chance.   Be friendly and get to know her.  Dont make any moves.  It will drive her nuts and then she will come hunting you.

BUT ONE THING.  If she will do this to her current BF she will do it to you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well shit i wasn't trying to go for the friend ladder, i made a attempt.

totaly true.  

Of coarse hind sight is 20/20 but I once heard this comeback being used:

“I didn’t ask if you had a boyfriend, I asked for your phone number”
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't, my hobbies include, being sensative, snuggling, helping injured animals and shopping

Pat Healy: Really, it's only a side thing for my true passion.
Mary: And what's that?
Pat Healy: I work with retards.
Mary: Isn't that a little politically incorrect?
Pat Healy: Yeah, maybe, but hell, no one's gonna tell me who I can and can't work with.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there's your problem right there. How the heck and you gonna practice your computer hacking skills? Girls only want boyfriends with skills.

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#38]

I thought of that scene from "Something about Mary" too!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome to the worderful world of dating, sorry bud but ya better get used to it. I feel for ya, been there plenty of times. Women can be some of the coldest beings on the planet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
She is a tease. Move on. BTDT.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I've given up trying to understand females. It's more difficult than any math or engineering course.

Ladder Theory
Intellectual Whores

Google is your friend.  The answers are all there.
Its really quite simple.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

"What are my skills?"
"Well....You've got sweet bike...and you're really good at hooking up with chicks...and you're the only guy in school with a mustache."
"That's true."
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Nope....never! I'm a "studmuffin".

Sua Sponte
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladder Theory
Intellectual Whores

Google is your friend.  The answers are all there
Its really quite simple.

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The BF thing is to tell you that you just have to work harder.  She is interested and telling you that you have a chance.   Be friendly and get to know her.  Dont make any moves.  It will drive her nuts and then she will come hunting you.

BUT ONE THING.  If she will do this to her current BF she will do it to you.

Best advice given. Listen to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Welcome to the worderful world of dating, sorry bud but ya better get used to it. I feel for ya, been there plenty of times. Women can be some of the coldest beings on the planet.

I've met (in person) THREE genuinely nice, sweet, decent women in my life.

Dated two of them, and they had issues, serious issues that made me ultimately lose interest.

The other, I knew her for years, and moved away the week after she broke up with her fiancee.

I'm beginning to think there are no decent women left. I've had this opinion for years, and none of them have proved me wrong yet.

One tried, last year, and ended up being the worst ever....just a good liar.

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've met (in person) THREE genuinely nice, sweet, decent women in my life.

Dated two of them, and they had issues, serious issues that made me ultimately lose interest.

The other, I knew her for years, and moved away the week after she broke up with her fiancee.

I'm beginning to think there are no decent women left. I've had this opinion for years, and none of them have proved me wrong yet.

One tried, last year, and ended up being the worst ever....just a good liar.

Bud, sorry about your run of bad luck with the women.  However I believe that there are a ton of good ladies out there, you just have to roll up the sleaves and do a little hunting.  After three hellish relationships the one I am in now kicks ass.  Never thought I could be this happy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#49]
That "I have a boyfriend" thing is the worst line in existance.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#50]
It is well knowned that woman do not tlak to people unless they want them.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top