Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2001 4:34:00 AM EDT
I think American Rifleman is the BEST gun magazine going today.

This months issue has a HUGE special on handloading. Awesome.

In ANY issue, they cover everything from competetive shooting, to collectibles, to legislative alerts, to new gun reviews, to technical data etc etc etc.

Most of the other mags are just paid advertisement by the gun manufacturers.

Other good mags are S.W.A.T and Weapons and Tactics of Law Enforcment.

What other gun mags do you read????
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:45:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I get Shooting Times, G&A, Guns Magazine, and American Rifleman.  I like them all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
1. American Handgunner
2. Precision Shooting
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The National Rifle Association's AMERICAN RIFLEMAN.
I also think RIFLE SHOOTER is an outstanding publication.
SHOOTING TIMES comes in the top 3 for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I second Tim J:   Small Arms Review
Also, Shotgun News and Gun List.  These are not really magazines but you will probably spend more time reading them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had subscriptions to GUNS and American Handgunner for more than 10 years. I will not be renewing them when they run out. The editors of these mags have been sickening in their continued support of Smith$Wesson: therefore I'm extending my boycott.

The NRA mags have significantly improved recently.

I also like Gun Tests.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I [i]should[/i] be getting a subscription to American Rifleman with my NRA membership, but I became a member about a month or so ago, and still haven't seen an issue yet.

Any idea how long this takes to process?

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#11]
A MONTH ago?!?  What were you waiting for, an invite from Sarah Brady?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think American Rifleman is the BEST gun magazine going today.

This months issue has a HUGE special on handloading. Awesome.

In ANY issue, they cover everything from competetive shooting, to collectibles, to legislative alerts, to new gun reviews, to technical data etc etc etc.

Most of the other mags are just paid advertisement by the gun manufacturers.

Other good mags are S.W.A.T and Weapons and Tactics of Law Enforcment.

What other gun mags do you read????
View Quote

took the words out of my mouth, garandman.  The American Rifleman has improved 1000% over the past year.  Remember when it sucked?  It was thin, black and white, just barely mediocre.  Its the only rag I read anymore, along with my G&A.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]
i got a ton of old issued of Amercian rifle man than somewere in the 80's it got all thin and small then know its coming back :-)

any way other than that

Small Arms Review
Gun Tests
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guns and Ammo, just to hear what Colonel Cooper has to say every month.  He is a treasure within the gun world.
View Quote

Why waste your money on the rag?

[url]http://www.dvc.org.uk/JeffCooper/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#15]
My Favorites:

American Rifleman (of course)

Small Arms Review (great military, class three stuff)

Soldier of Fiction (it's politically biased, but hell I agree with it.  Lots of great small wars info.  And lots of great info on military arms.  For those interested, this month's issue has a description of the special sniper load the Russians use in the SVD.  To my knowledge, this info hasn't been published before).
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#16]
i like Combat Handguns... and also enjoy reading Weapons for Law Enforcement... at least, that is what i believe the title to be  ; )

Jeff C/NY~~Blade
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#17]
As for magazines still in print, I like Small Arms Review and Gun Tests the best.

As for out-of-print stuff, I like Machinegun News, Firepower, etc.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm partial to SAR and Guns and Weapons of Law Enforcement, because they review the fun stuff.

Don't really get into any others, because when you've read one article on a Kimber or a Glock, etc., you've read them all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A MONTH ago?!?  What were you waiting for, an invite from Sarah Brady?
View Quote

Calm down there, Pedro.  Maybe you should know that I've only been into shooting for all of 4 months now, and I'm 21 years old.
[:O]
You can proceed to put your foot in your mouth now at any time you wish.

[brown]Evil J~[/brown]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top