Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2001 11:08:13 PM EDT
All I see all day on this thread is how the UN or the government is treating you all so badly and how they are taking your rights and when I ask how to make a silencer or a auto sear you all start saying dumb jokes and repeating "BATF, ILLEGAL"

First of all, knowledge isn't illegal or banned by the BATF... yet.
I just want to have my question answered, not a joke or a short story on how crazy I must be for wanting to know or where I can pay for the answer. NTHX.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, this site is rumored to be monitored by the BATF for content. And while information is not forbidden (yet),your broadcasting said info on a public forum could POSSIBLY mark you for further attention.

I don't want any more attention than I already get.

The info you want is out there.

I've heard of a site called wetworx.com (or something like that) that is rumored to have some very interesting information. There are many others out in the ether. Gunshows have tons of printed info of this sort. All for informational purposes only, of course.

How do I know YOU are not ATF trolling for a bust?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple, I can't touch you, see unless you put your real name on here you are untouchable. every time you disconnect/reconnect you get a new ip (internet address) and for that kind of info the ATF would have to get it from AR15.com

That's a lot of work just to get a guy who makes a lightning link [heavy]

So if your all scared YES I have made a lightning link AND I have made my own silencers (but they are disposable) and all this in Canada where I would probably get 10 - 25 yrs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Scarecrow,
You fill out the paper work and pay the taxes
and when you get your licenses I will tell you
where to go to find what seek. Until then[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Simple, I can't touch you, see unless you put your real name on here you are untouchable. every time you disconnect/reconnect you get a new ip (internet address) and for that kind of info the ATF would have to get it from AR15.com
View Quote

Nope, you get your dynamic IP from your service providor who CAN trace the user name that logged and on got that IP. And if you have broadband (cable or DSL) you will generally get a static IP that is the same every time.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
First, I don't believe it's that hard to track anyone down. We've got computer nerds here who could find you or I in a few minutes with minimal effort.

Second, if you've got a spare lightning link laying around, could you send me one?

Please?

(note to ATF: just kidding)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a lot of work just to get a guy who makes a lightning link [heavy]
So if your all scared YES I have made a lightning link AND I have made my own silencers (but they are disposable) and all this in Canada where I would probably get 10 - 25 yrs.
View Quote
You are Naive + Arrogant= Loose Cannon
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
O.K. Let's spell it out for the millionth time. In the view of the federal Government of the United States(read BATF,Dept of treasury) If you discuss with, instruct someone or otherwise engage in advising someone in the conversion of a firearm that fires more than one round with each pull of the trigger, you are guilty of "conspirecy to violate federal firearms laws." the federal government has MANY people incarcerated for just such "offenses." Since this is a public forum, I doubt anyone wants to chance a midnight knock on the door from the boys of F-TROOP. If you want the knowledge of how an automatic weapon functions, there are several books available. I would suggest you do some reserch
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What operator error said. And:

So far, all of your posts have been about where to find blueprints for or components that are otherwise illegal to own without jumping through the right hoops. Possessing information is not a crime, but it can sure get you noticed.

I'll be straight with you: No one makes this much public fuss over a need for "information" unless they need it to do something with. If you have any intention to take said "educational material" and act on it... Please don't come around here. I enjoy my freedom, and this board, and don't want to see it go because idiots like you think you have a need for an illegally manufactured machine gun.

In short, visit a gun show, and learn what discretion means.

Happy (class3) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Now that's funny!!!

HANGFIRE calling someone else a loose cannon!!!

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
this must be a young kid because any real adult knows the government can track you down thru computer foot prints. Plus a serious person would take the time & gather the info they seek quietly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I've heard the saying:

"Fools with money soon part ways"

I think I'll make up my own saying...

"Fools with illegal machineguns and big mouths will soon part asscheeks"

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#12]
first of all [-!-], I search for all my information on a basis of academic study, nothing more, I have made other devices, but that is only from other sources, all I use this board for is information, not someone to tell me I have to do it.
2nd [-!-!-], you say "for academic study only" after anything you say and its legally not considered you inciting anyone to do anything illegal just as learning chemistry doesn't make people immediately want to create home explosives.
3rd [sniper], ar15.com would have to give full access of its server to the ATF in order for them to get your IP, which would require a warrant or legal form giving them permission for this information unless ar15.com gives this information out for jollies anyway, or they would have to hack the server using a Trojan virus and gaining Root on the server. So they would have to break a law to get incriminating evidence which would be inadmissible in court.
4th [spank], I have and will continue to build so called "illegal machine guns" aslong as the government continues to neglect the rights of its people, here in Canada we also have a bill of rights and in it it specifically and in more depth says "the right to bear arms" then the same amendment in the US.
5th [%(],Information is the only power that will be left when your government finally becomes just like Britain and bans all firearms and you will wish you had asked that one question here before the knowledge was forever lost or caries a hefty price. [owned]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#13]
cant we all ust get along?
[;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]
[b]"So if your all scared YES I have made a lightning link AND I have made my own silencers (but they are disposable) and all this in Canada where I would probably get 10 - 25 yrs.

I have and will continue to build so called "illegal machine guns" "[/b]

So, with all your vast experience, why do you need the help of lowly AR15.COM????
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Well There are other things than just lightning links and disposable silencers, such as auto sears and reusable silencers. the reason I want to know how an auto sear is made is because I want a more selective fire weapon then full auto and safe [uzi] [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#16]
O I C  [;D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
"3rd , ar15.com would have to give full access of its server to the ATF in order for them to get your IP, which would require a warrant or legal form giving them permission for this information unless ar15.com gives this information out for jollies anyway, or they would have to hack the server using a Trojan virus and gaining Root on the server. So they would have to break a law to get incriminating evidence which would be inadmissible in court."

Hmm...

May I be so bold as to suggest that your academic studies include the reading of the book Unintended Consequences.  In it, you will find details of actions taken at various times by our government which could be considered "inadmissible in court".

I would especially like to direct your attention to pages 451-453, which is Henry Bowman's reaction to the undercover ATF agent's attempt to ask about this very same subject at the gun show.

When it comes to the subject of automatic weapons and the illegal manufacture/possession of same, our government takes a very hard line.
I, and doubtless many others, have no desire to wake up at 2 AM with an MP5 stuck to side of our heads.

This is the Internet, there are many sources of the information you seek.  Consider a broader search.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay, so we either got a Federal Troll or a pimple-faced 14-year-old here:  Why are we even talking to it?  Move on.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#19]
OK Scarecrow, I'll explain TCP/IP protocol to you briefly since you seem to want to gain all this academic knowledge.

**warning to all you foil hat wearers, this may make you want to smash your computer**

When you connect to your ISP (AOL, AT&T Worldnet, @home, Verizon DSL, Etc.) your computer is assigned an IP address.  This address may be static (this means you always get the same address) or dynamic (you are assigned an address from a pool of available ones).  You are then able to browse the internet.  Whenever you connect to a site, log files are generated associating that IP address to what ever activity you are performing on the site.  So let's use you as an example.  You stated earlier that you have made illegal machine gun parts.  If I wanted to find out who you were, I would have to get the log files from ar15.com and determine what ip address actually posted your comment.  Let's say it's 172.16.123.123   Well, this address is unique and your ISP can be determined by the first few octets of the number.  All you would then have to do is go to the ISP and ask which customer of theirs was assigned this address on a specific day/time (if it is a dynamic address) or who it is permanently assigned to if it is a static address.  Since your ISP has you credit card number, they know who you are and you are busted.  Oh, and BTW if you think using a free ISP service will keep you anonymous think again.  All networking devices (modems and network cards) have what is called a MAC address (a completely unique string of 30 or so characters) hard-coded in the hardware so even if your name isn't on an account your computer's unique MAC address is associated with it.  So they can still find you with minimal effort.
Oh and even if this doesn't concern you, This board has policies against asking illegal questions so....
just don't do it. (I know your Mom tells you that all the time)
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#20]
"You People Don't Make Sense"

Quoted:
All I see all day on this thread is how the UN or the government is treating you all so badly and how they are taking your rights and when I ask how to make a silencer or a auto sear you all start saying dumb jokes and repeating "BATF, ILLEGAL"

First of all, knowledge isn't illegal or banned by the BATF... yet.
I just want to have my question answered, not a joke or a short story on how crazy I must be for wanting to know or where I can pay for the answer. NTHX.
View Quote

...you're no great communicator yourself, chief.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've heard the saying:

View Quote

Oh shit that was funny.....I think I peed on myself. Good one dragracer

RLTW
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've heard the saying:

View Quote

hee hee hee hee. I'm still laughing
Thanks dragracer..
Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself in due time
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
first of all [-!-], I search for all my information on a basis of academic study, nothing more, I have made other devices, but that is only from other sources, all I use this board for is information, not someone to tell me I have to do it.
2nd [-!-!-], you say "for academic study only" after anything you say and its legally not considered you inciting anyone to do anything illegal just as learning chemistry doesn't make people immediately want to create home explosives.
3rd [sniper], ar15.com would have to give full access of its server to the ATF in order for them to get your IP, which would require a warrant or legal form giving them permission for this information unless ar15.com gives this information out for jollies anyway, or they would have to hack the server using a Trojan virus and gaining Root on the server. So they would have to break a law to get incriminating evidence which would be inadmissible in court.
4th [spank], I have and will continue to build so called "illegal machine guns" aslong as the government continues to neglect the rights of its people, here in Canada we also have a bill of rights and in it it specifically and in more depth says "the right to bear arms" then the same amendment in the US.
5th [%(],Information is the only power that will be left when your government finally becomes just like Britain and bans all firearms and you will wish you had asked that one question here before the knowledge was forever lost or caries a hefty price. [owned]
View Quote

Get it straight:
No one on this board wants gun confiscation. But this is not England. Not by a longshot.
There are a lot more people out there besides you with things they shouldn't have. These people are smarter than you, because they know to keep their damn fool mouth shut.
At the very least, you're on here admitting to violating US FEDERAL LAW, and then touting that "they can't find my IP, and its for the Bill of Rights" BS. Yeah, thanks. All of us appreciate having some f*stick like you around. We needed another ignorant ass to go out in public to spout off "how easy it is" to get or build  a machine-gun.

Happy (enjoy it while you can, because of assholes like you) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#26]
DragRacerArt,can I borrow your new saying!

Sweep,your a genius.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Scarecrow your mostly right about needing a court order to get your ip from ar15.com and another court order to turn that IP into a real name and address from the ISP. BUT, I would be willing to bet I can get at least your IP or the IP of whatever proxy you may be using without talking to any ar15.com staff. (hint, think pictures in posts and trickery to get you looking at it and the fact you already say your in canada) and according to another member here I have talked to who used to work computer law enforcment, unfortunately but not surprising the ISPs are more than willing to give it up w/o a court order.

As a side note to those interested, a REAL modem the dial-up kind you plug into a phone line or an acoustic coupler (cable and dsl "modems" are not modems) does not have a mac address. The PPP adaptor (virtual software driven network adaptor) has a made-up random mac address, if you were using a free dial-up internet service you have never used before from a pay-phone that you created the "scarecrow" account with and did NOTHING else with. there is nothing anyone could do to find out who you are, long as you made sure any evidence on the machine was erased (i'd wipe out the entire OS if I was conspiring to violate nfa over the internet) and no fingerprints at the phone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Sweeps

Very Funny LOL.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#29]
i once heard from a wise old woman from georgia " they can't get your goat if you don't know where you have it tied up". if they get the feeling that an ar can be easily converted to full auto more easily than other guns (which is not true but tell that to jannet reno)than the next thing that they will ban will be guns that can be easily converted, like ak's glocks's and ar's. now how does that sound. personally I don't want to have to die for the right to carry my guns. I know many will but I don't think that they would do it with a smile on there face. we want to keep our guns.

by the way if you want full auto join the military and do somthing for you country.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Stooooopid sheeple...
Know that this site IS monitored....
Know that they are not interested in most of u....
Know that u should keep your mouth shut sometimes in your life!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#32]
"Know that they are not interested in most of u because u are turds...."

Goodness sir, that wasn't very nice.  You don't know me, and it doesn't sound like I want to know you.[:|]

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#33]
So I guess the ATF will get the IP from AR15.com since I haven’t put a picture up yet and they will contact my Canadian ISP and get my address the charge me for breaking us federal law, come over the border, arrest me, then bring me back to face one of your stupid ass courts where only people with the most money are safe, right?
Or maybe one of you idiots thinks the ATF will do all that and contact my regional police up here and they will come like shock troops thru my front door and arrest my wife and me! I’m sure all this will happened now I have talked on the evil ATF controlled AR15.com!

If your police are too stupid to catch a guy buying 1 ton of ammonium nitrate for blowing up a building then they will have no problem getting me!

And I think the main thing you people cannot grasp (maybe its all that inbreeding) is that when someone asks a question, you either answer it or move on. Maybe in the US and your shit school system you get extra marks during an exam if you answer a question with “I fucked your mom, LOL” or saying anything completely off topic.

As for your country not being like England, I’m sure 5 years ago they could have never imagined that happening to them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Last week, while researching something else, I ran across a case where the feds executed a warrant and found one complete AR rifle, legal, and an upper with an under-sized barrel in a parts bin, and got an upheld conviction for an illegal firearm based on the fact that the upper in the parts bin could be put on at some future time without a lot of effort or time.
The courts have left any hint of the constitution behind when it come to guns. (They have left any hint of the constitution behind when it comes to labor law, too, but this aint labor.com)
They will find a way to convict you for words. Count on it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Scarecrow - since you went nationalist on us, consider the fact that if it weren't for the US, your sorry Canuk ass would be saying "Yes Master" in one of two languages: German or Russian.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#36]
hey scrarecrow atf may not have Juristiciron for u but someone in CANDADA sure does dont u know silenecers and MGS are even mroe heavely regulated in Canada! so HA!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#37]
You people came late in WW2 just cause your lame asses got bombed in pearl harbor while your men where all out on the town fucking more Asian bitches then a platoon in Vietnam.
And as for the Russians, you people started the shit with them in the first place, you should have invaded them when General Paton had the chance.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Know that they are not interested in most of u because u are turds...."

Goodness sir, that wasn't very nice.  You don't know me, and it doesn't sound like I want to know you.[:|]

Your reply was so polite I felt obligated to eat my words.
Lead by example and the good ones shall follow.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Scarecrow, you have been reported to the BATF
[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
hey scrarecrow atf may not have Juristiciron for u but someone in CANDADA sure does dont u know silenecers and MGS are even mroe heavely regulated in Canada! so HA!
View Quote

Alright I read this over a few times and now I think I understand what you where trying to "say", yes in Canada what I am doing is more illegal then in the US, thing is, they don't watch web sites for people who make gun parts and silencers. But apparently the ATF is hiding under your beds and waiting for you to slip up!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You people came late in WW2 just cause your lame asses got bombed in pearl harbor while your men where all out on the town fucking more Asian bitches then a platoon in Vietnam.
And as for the Russians, you people started the shit with them in the first place, you should have invaded them when General Paton had the chance.
View Quote

And your point is???
HAd it not been for the US, Germany would have taken over the world. Even if there were no such thing as Germany, the Russians would have tried the same thing (it's in the socialist doctrine which I'm sure your laws are full of like ours). Either way, if it weren't for the US, Canada would not exist today. Simple fact. Nothing personal.
How's this - what if there were a war between the US and Canada. How long would it take us to kick your butts?
Don't make us turn Kyle's mom loose on you!! (South Park reference)
"Blame Canada! Blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway".
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Scarecrow, you have been reported to the BATF
[smoke]
View Quote

OhHhHHhH no! God save me from the feds! will the US be invading soon? will evil bureau helicopters be flying around my house?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#44]
And your point is???
HAd it not been for the US, Germany would have taken over the world. Even if there were no such thing as Germany, the Russians would have tried the same thing (it's in the socialist doctrine which I'm sure your laws are full of like ours). Either way, if it weren't for the US, Canada would not exist today. Simple fact. Nothing personal.
How's this - what if there were a war between the US and Canada. How long would it take us to kick your butts?
Don't make us turn Kyle's mom loose on you!! (South Park reference)
"Blame Canada! Blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway".[/quote]

there is no proof of anything you said, the war was going fine before your country got involved and tried to look like it could do shit.
and as for invading Canada, are you sure your country needs another Vietnam?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Too bad this isn't a chat room.

At least they have an "IGNORE THIS PERSON" OR "IGNORE PERMANENTLY" button.......

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Scarecrow,

It's obvious you're not going to get much help here.  

Perhaps the Full Auto forum guys will help.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

there is no proof of anything you said, the war was going fine before your country got involved and tried to look like it could do shit.
and as for invading Canada, are you sure your country needs another Vietnam?
View Quote

Before the US actually started fighting, we were supplying the Brits with a sh*t load of arms, planes, supplies, etc. They were just about ready to fall when we stepped in. Had they fallen and we hadn't been there to help, who could have stopped him (Hitler)?  Canada?  HA!
Maybe you should spend less time learning how to get busted for making machine guns and a little more time learning history next year in high school.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Scarecrow,

It's ovios you're not going to get much help here.  

Perhaps the Full Auto forum guys will help.
View Quote

Yeah - I bet they'd be a LOT of help!!  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
[blue]Guys can we fight this USA vs Canada war without making it personal?[/blue]
View Quote

Sorry striker, I'm done. He started it though...

BTW, for the rest of you Canadians, I have no issues with you - we're really just one big North America afterall!  I really liked British Columbia! Besides, if it weren't for Canada, I wouldn't have my Para Ordnance!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top