Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2005 1:34:16 PM EDT
This is so sad… Malcolm Cooper, the founder, was a member of my shooting club… AI is in my hometown, Portsmouth.

ANdy

Accuracy International Limited and Accuracy Group Limited – in administrative receivership  22/02/2005 15:34

Michael Gercke and Derek Howell of PricewaterhouseCoopers were appointed joint administrative receivers of Accuracy International Limited and Accuracy Group Limited (“Accuracy”) on 18 February 2005.

Accuracy International, formed in 1978, design and build tactical rifles for sale predominantly to military and law enforcement agencies throughout the world. The company, which in its most recent accounts for 2003, reported an annual turnover of approximately £5m, trades from bespoke leasehold premises in Portsmouth, where it employed 28 people.

Accuracy’s products are world renowned and its weapons are in use by more than 40 Governments worldwide.

The company’s expansion into the North American market was not as successful as had been hoped and as result the operating profits generated by the company were insufficient to service its debt obligations.

Sadly, 24 staff involved with assembly and administration have had to be made redundant with immediate effect. A skeleton staff, including the design capability, is being retained to work with the receivers to preserve the intellectual property of the business and assist with the sale of the business.

Mike Gercke, joint administrative receiver and partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers commented:

“It is clear that trading could not continue in the short term and regrettably these redundancies have had to be made. Accuracy is a recognised brand in its market and we are receiving significant interest in the business including the manufacturing and design rights for the company’s weapons and conversion system. Accuracy has a strong order and prospect book and we hope to be able to secure a sale which will ensure the survival of the company’s business and products.”

ENDS

www.ukmediacentre.pwc.com/content/detail.asp?ReleaseID=1308&NewsAreaID=2
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll be OK, mate...they make the best sniper weapons system in the world.

Jeez, if I can shoot well with it, anyone can!

If the yanks ever get over their love affair with the Remington 700, they will realise the AW pisses all over it.

Its a shame to see this...both our Army and Police use this and love it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If the yanks ever get over their love affair with the Remington 700, they will realise the AW pisses all over it.

Aren't they a tad more pricey than a 700?
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
damn, guess i need to get my AI stock before they start becoming expensive
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Maybe if they had been able to keep up with we Yanks' demand for the AICS chassis system they would have sold more of them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, VERY much so.

Oh, and that $13,000 .50 cal of theirs isn't nearly as accurate as our McMillans and Robar's, both of which could be had for the price of the AW 50.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, VERY much so.

Oh, and that $13,000 .50 cal of theirs isn't nearly as accurate as our McMillans and Robar's, both of which could be had for the price of the AW 50.

Bravo Sierra.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe if they had been able to keep up with we Yanks' demand for the AICS chassis system they would have sold more of them.

Amen! I was hoping to pick one up but have yet to see one for sale anywhere!
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, VERY much so.

Bravo Sierra.

Bah, your just a bit partial anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope they don't get bought by Colt or H&K.

Maybe Ronnie Barrett has some extra cash lying around...
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Andy, do you know how much AI is being sold for?
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, VERY much so.

Bravo Sierra.

Bah, your just a bit partial anyway.

Yes, I realise you are making light of the comment, that too is well and fine.

Please provide your data to substantiate / document your claim, not hearsay, actual testing data. I have owned each of the rifles you stated, I still own the AW50 (along with two others, AWP / AWM). The only downfall of the AW50 is the shorter (27 inch) barrel.
The AI's are far more robust than any other rifle on the market, easier and faster to change out barrels (under nine minutes for an entire / complete rifle rebuild / strip / rebuild with a perfect headspace).

Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

<quiet mode on> HK d will likely be the buyer. Not to be confused with HKI.<quiet mode off>
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When your life depends on it, money is not an issue…

Our Armed Forces have a serious love affair with this rifle, 7.62, .338 and .50 versions.

ANdy
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy, do you know how much AI is being sold for?

I'll ask some people I know tomorrow.

ANdy
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
PaulR72, i beg to differ with you. as a yank the AI in 308 has been one of my dreams. i had hoped to add it to my collection after Lori (wife and now EX PASTRY chef) gets out of college in two years. i guess that may not happen now.

there are not many gun i have on my list but it was the ONLY bolt gun i wanted. maybe i'll get lucky and someone will buy them out and make a good go of it.

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our Armed Forces have a serious love affair with this rifle, 7.62, .338 and .50 versions.

ANdy

Right, but most of us here are just weekend commandos and our budgets may not support such a fine piece of weaponry
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I must admit, the ones I've used were work weapons, not bought by me personally, so price was never an issue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
For the cost of an AI, I would rather something from Nesika Bay. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ANdy

What you say is true.
However, we're not talking about any person's life here.
We're talking about the 'life' of the company,  which is all about the money.

AI has an excellent reputation for world-class shooting hardware. I hate to see any firearms manufacturer go out of business, especially those that make interesting firearms.

They will be missed. Here's hoping the company will be resurrected to continue making these fine rifles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
The United States Marine Corps seems to do just fine with Rem-action M40's, just fine indeed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The United States Marine Corps seems to do just fine with Rem-action M40's, just fine indeed.

They would do even better with the .338 Lapua Mag… a US designed round specifically for sniping!

ANdy
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<quiet mode on> HK d will likely be the buyer. Not to be confused with HKI.<quiet mode off>

Well, if that happens you can bet any civvie buyers will get fucked.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#24]
AI are back from the grave!!!!!

A buy out by some of the management team and two of the designers has been accepted!

Outstanding!

ANdy

www.accuracyinternational.com/
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#25]
What are English bankruptcy laws like? In America a company with a decent rep or customer base usually comes out of bankruptcy after new contracts are court ordered, either as the same company with a change of ownership of the business or assets.

There is very little difference except that profits are usually higher for a few years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What are English bankruptcy laws like? In America a company with a decent rep or customer base usually comes out of bankruptcy after new contracts are court ordered, either as the same company with a change of ownership of the business or assets.

There is very little difference except that profits are usually higher for a few years.

The laws are pretty much the same as yours.

I'm happy I always wanted a Rmington 700 in an AI chassis!

ANdy
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The laws are pretty much the same as yours.

I'm happy I always wanted a Rmington 700 in an AI chassis!

ANdy

Personally ... I like an AI in an AI chassis ...

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=331757&page=1

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I love the AIs.  I shot one in 308 that was around .33 MOA and I've shot one in .338 Lapua.  The .338 would be the one I would buy if I hit lotto, it was like an old anti-tank rifle, loved it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top