Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2001 3:56:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, slap Windows 2000 Professional on your system.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]

IE 6 is beta.  As a result, it's a little buggy.  Clean out the temp internet files and delete cookies, then reboot the machine.  See if that helps.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Check to make sure that your network/dial-up settings haven't changed and are set to what your ISP recommends.

You can obviously get here. Is this problem with specific pages or random or what?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
GB,

I've had no problems on this site with build 2488 on Win2k.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Nutscrape!!! Someone else who uses that term!! Wooo Hooo!!!

Guys/gals, remember when you download beta software you are past the "bleeding edge". Take your lumps, fill out the bug reports and be quiet. If you can't handle it, go back a version.

As for Intermitant Exploder, yes it has it own probs. But far less than Nutscrape. IE 6.0 has the new feature of "Smart Tags". Woooaaa, this is scary stuff. If IE see's the word "Microsoft" it will automagicly make it hyperlink to Microsoft's web site. Scary.

If anyone want to use a true industry compliant browser (one that follow the W3 standards to the T), download Opera. Small, and fast. You have to put up with a window for ads, but it does work.

I did run all three browsers for awhile, but I did settle on IE for pure personal reasons (I know all the keyboard shortcuts). But my second choice is Opera. If you are fed up with things, give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As for Intermitant Exploder, yes it has it own probs. But far less than Nutscrape. IE 6.0 has the new feature of "Smart Tags". Woooaaa, this is scary stuff. If IE see's the word "Microsoft" it will automagicly make it hyperlink to Microsoft's web site. Scary.

If anyone want to use a true industry compliant browser (one that follow the W3 standards to the T), download Opera. Small, and fast. You have to put up with a window for ads, but it does work.
View Quote

The smart tags hysteria is completely overblown. IE6 has an option to disable them and comes that way by default.

I'm not paying for a www browser.

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did I ever mention how much I HATE Netscape???

-- GB
View Quote

GoatBoy,
Have you ever tried the Linux version of Netscape?  If you haven't, give it a try.........it'll teach you what REAL hatred is.

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

(I am in the midst of Netscaping the site. Did I ever mention how much I HATE Netscape???)

-- GB
View Quote

No, but Probably just as much as me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top