Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2001 7:30:11 AM EDT
My department offers a sub-gun course that some deputies are eligible to go through provided that they own an MP-5. I asked a lieutenant at the training center what I need to do to sign up and he said we'll give you a letter and you go out and buy an MP-5, then your in. Of course, I'm sure they'd keep the gun at the station, but I'm curious to see what a LEO would pay for an MP-5? Are they any cheaper than the $10k price tag I've seen on them at the gun show? Thanks!

Ian

Note- I may be confused about how all of this works, so no flaming please [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
waaaaaaa!!![>Q][>Q][>Q]
I'm having problems getting my Dept. to authorize me to get a LE/Gov't M4 and 40mm launcher...maybe I'm asking for too much?[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ask for a couple LAW's and maybe a shoulder-lauched stinger.

Then maybe the M4/M203 will be reasonable, or heck, they might even authorize you to have the anti-tank and anti-aircraft weaponry(Never know when you might need it, remember that rampaging tank a few years ago!).  
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I am sure there are some people on this board just cringing at the idea of Sheriff deputies in Oklahoma with FA MP-5's.

I wish I had the talent to doctor up a video of Barney Fife shaking with his MP-5. Or maybe Andy tells him to put the 9mm magazine in his pocket.
[uzi]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am sure there are some people on this board just cringing at the idea of Sheriff deputies in Oklahoma with FA MP-5's.

I wish I had the talent to doctor up a video of Barney Fife shaking with his MP-5. Or maybe Andy tells him to put the 9mm magazine in his pocket.
[uzi]
View Quote

Actually, I should refrase what I said in my initial post: I don't think all deputies are eligible, just the deputies who are eligible for or are currently assigned the tac-team.

I'm not quite sure I'm following what you are trying to say in your reply, but at last check we had on of the better tac-teams in the nation..

Ian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top