Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 8:56:05 PM EDT
Anyone own one? How's it shoot? can it hold its own against the bolt guns? Thanks! 223-308cal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it holds its own against the bolt guns.
Varmint Al's web site discusses some of the encores.

[url]http://www.cctrap.com/~varmint/ashot.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, it holds its own against the bolt guns.
Varmint Al's web site discusses some of the encores.

[url]http://www.cctrap.com/~varmint/ashot.htm[/url]
View Quote

thanks I'll check them out
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a TC Contender in .223 and my brother in law owns a TC Encore in .30 06.  Both are bull barrels with the Contender hunter coming ported from the factory. Both are equipped with variable power scopes. Be sure to get a mount designed for the recoil if you get a .308.  We have re-mounted the scope on the .30 06 several times and had to use rubber tape in the scope rings to keep the scope from slipping inside the rings.

The .30 06 came with a 16" bull barrel and wooden grips.  I like to shoot .454 Casull so the recoil was not that bad, but the stocks slipped in your hand and the trigger guard would cut my brother in law's finger after about five shots.  He sent it back to Fox Ridge (TC's retail shop) and had it ported.  

The recoil is much better now and the addition of the rubber grips helped too.  However it is now a really, really loud hand cannon and I can't imagine shooting it without hearing protection which is a real drag to wear when you are hunting.  

I think I am going to get a Weatherby pistol in .308, not because I don't like the Encore, but because I like Weatherby.  I am going to get an Encore for my son's to learn to shoot with.  You can buy a rimfire adaptor for the Encore and shoot .22 and a youth sized rifle stock to start out with.  

Good luck I think you will like one if you get it, big handguns are a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! think I'll give them a try.[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top