Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 6:36:28 PM EDT
A quarter of English are victims of crime

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000252565501806&rtmo=QeSw9wHR&atmo=99999999&pg=/et/01/2/23/ncrim123.html[/url]

dave@shadows

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I read that somewhere else too.  Amazing.  England is one friggin dangerous country; I'd rather be in South Central LA then in London any day.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
An associate of mine was in Manchester, England (nicknamed Gunchester-because the criminals have so many guns)and reported that gunshots could be heard most nights.  This is a very dangerous town.

dave@shadows
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dave@shadows:
A quarter of English are victims of crime

View Quote

Always have been, as long as I can remember. They are so inured to crime, they just take it in stride. And it's been illegal to carry any sort of offensive weapon since at least the 1950s, so they rely on the goodwill (!!!) of the perp to get out of crime situations unharmed. You can't even use a butcher knife to defend yourself.

Everybody I know in the UK has had their cars or houses/flats broken into at least once in their lives- again, they just take it in stride....they figure the trade-off against supposed increases in violent crime by not having legally owned civilian guns around is worth it. Unfortunately, it just makes them even more compliant around criminals. The UK is a crime-friendly environment.

Bloody hellfire- what a way to run a country. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Gee, I wonder why.  I would love for this one attorney who is on CNN a lot and loves to say 'it's the guns, stupid' to read this.  He always says we are the most violent country and ALWAYS points to England as a country were gun control has worked.  Funny how Australia is near the top also.

You notice this is based on a percentage of population, the same as per capita.  According to this, Canada even rates more violent crime than we do.  We are not even in the top 11 on violent crime.  You notice that every one of the countries in the top 11 have strict gun control.  This is good stuff to fire back at the anti's with.  Printed it, saved it, and bookmarked it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top