Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 6:22:18 PM EDT
It was damn nice here in central IL, today, about 75 deg., faint breeze, mostly sunny.  I had to work 6 days last week, so I spent most of my day off lounging around with my three boys.  My wife came home from the store with some 1" steaks and a 12pk. of Coronas. (God I love that woman!!)  Slow cooked the steaks over charcoal and mesquite and working on the better part of the Coronas.  Damn nice day indeed!
[smoke]
Ghillie
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sleeping, I work graveyard shift, Sun-Thur, but I will be home tommorrow morning while most everyone else is going to work!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to the range. [:)]

Got to zero a new Leupold on my Ruger 77 in .243, then zero the Springfield Armory scope on my varmint AR, then I played with my LEGP for a while, and then I tested a new hand load for my Ruger 77 HB .308. Worked great! Federal Premium brass, 45.5 grains of Winchester 748, a 165 gr Sierra GameKing, and a CCI Magnum primer. Shot 1/2" group at 200 yards, and killed a few bowling pins. [:)]

Then I tried some factory loaded Federal Premium, same bullet, same general velocity(2700 fps), but Federal seats the bullet about 3/10" deeper than I did in my hand loads, and it didn't shoot half as good. I was major league disappointed. I was hoping for at least similar performance. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I found a cave near an old Japanese bunker and spent the next five hours exploring it.  Probably went at least a mile.  There was a considerable amount of ancient pottery along the way, which was more than likely used by the locals during the U.S. invasion.  They do not enter caves otherwise, as they are a superstitious people.

Much of the time was spent crawling through underground rivers and through cracks that I could barely fit through.  I lost my spare batteries somewhere on the way, but was able to find them.  There were a few caverns with a twenty foot ceiling, but mostly I was hunched over or on my belly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife came home from the store with some 1" steaks and a 12pk. of Coronas. (God I love that woman!!)  [smoke]
Ghillie
View Quote

If only the rest of the women in this country could figure out how easy it is to make a man a VERY happy fellow! The divorce rate would be zero! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a little work stripped paint and cleaning the exterior walls and trim of my house, getting it ready for painting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter & I went shooting with a couple of .22's. She took her Rossi pump & I took my Stevens Visible Loader. Shot up a dozen eggs, shot some small branches off of a couple of tree's & picked off some small rocks. Reactionary targets are much more fun when your 8 years old.
Then went to a b-day party for my nephew. All in all a fun day.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Kayaking in Long Island sound......

Ahhhh
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Recovering... from yesterday, also a beautiful day.I am part of the "Nostalgia Days Committee" in our town, here in north east Illinois. spent most of the end of the week getting the town ready for the 15th Annual car show and cruise. 350 cars 37 classes, and we close off the main road thru the middle of town for a cruising good time. 350 hot rods rolling thru town with no other traffic. about 30 cops and officials and not a single ticket issued for the tremendous burnouts, many, many, burnouts. A smoking good time, I and many others with high horsepower cars wait all year for this chance to taunt the law,(they love it as much as we do)

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1633910&a=13223786&p=50876391&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Four rounds of trap in the morning.  Unexceptional scores but a good time anyway.  Two hours of Sunday paper digestion.  Then up to the mountains with The Little Woman, a Nylon 66, 500 rounds of ammo, the portable BBQ, three dogs, two steaks and a well-primed cooler.

Not as interesting as caves near Japanese bunkers but it'll do . . .
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
'Putting the finishing touches on a 800 Rotax powered motorcycle for my friend to enter in the "Great American Hillclimb" in Billings Mt. the last weekend in July.  She is the sweetest one yet!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Church in the morning and thena trip out to Dinosaur Valley State Pk. for a bit of hardcore mountain biking.   Great day in my book!

Hey Yarddog,  I sure would of liked to go to that car show! Looked like a lot of fun.  
Owner of an '84 camaro that my Dad and I retrofitted a TPI engine into, great car!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]
EX-GI: come on up to Zion IL, We give a tropy to the longest distance driven to the show, usualy a guy from south missippi wins, you being from Texas would top that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I am planning a trip to Zion alright, Zion, Utah!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sleeping, I work graveyard shift, Sun-Thur, but I will be home tommorrow morning while most everyone else is going to work!!
View Quote

Ughh. Me too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Played 36 holes of golf at the Legend in Nashville, TN.  Man, I was tired whrn I got back home!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]
At the range IPSC match
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
This morning, after walking my buddy, Sarge, (Yellow Lab), I went to the range- Shot my 1861 Springfield musket (.58 cal). Made some big holes! Then, since it was hot and muggy, jumped on the jet ski for a little water fun. Lots of bikinis out today....[:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top