Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 5:52:46 PM EDT
It's on the History Channel right now.  Wow, I forgot how bad Ukrain got it.  Ukranian National Partisans, Soviet Partisans, & the Nazis all killing each other.  Rape, torture, exections, Ukrain had it the worst in that war.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah.

it's a little known fact that the ukrainian partisans continued an armed resistance against the communists into the 1950's, in other ways after that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The US abandoned many freedom fighters, the Ukranians were one of the first. Also the Bay of Pigs Cubanos and the Yards in Nam.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The US abandoned many freedom fighters, the Ukranians were one of the first. Also the Bay of Pigs Cubanos and the Yards in Nam.
View Quote

You forgot the Viet Cong (Viet Minh), they were [b]our[/b] freedom fighters against Japan in WWII and were our closest ally in Asia after WWII.  Uncle Ho only went commie after we shunned his bid for independance.  And who did we side with when Ho Chi Minh bid for independance?  The phuking Nazi collaborating Frogs.

Vietnam could have been the West Germany of Asia, instead we lost 59,000 lives fighting the friend that we backstabbed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Tico, Sweep

Easy there fellas.  Aren't you a little worried about offending the sensibilitie of the "America...Love it or Leave it" crowd?  I mean just 'cuz we have deployed our troops against some country doesn't that mean that the are the "Bad Guys" automaticly?  Aren't we, the Americans always right?

btw-  I thought that per capita the Poles got the worst of WW2?  I know that is probably splitting hairs, both countries were horribly ravaged by the war.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
According to the show on last night, "War of the Century," Ukrain had 7 million casualties.  Considering there were about 45 million deaths in WWII, Ukrain certainly had their share.

I went to Vietnam 2 years ago and I'll tell you, those people love all things American.  Just like in S & Central America, we would always back the side that was anti-communist regardless of their human rights adgenda.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's on the History Channel right now.  Wow, I forgot how bad Ukrain got it.  Ukranian National Partisans, Soviet Partisans, & the Nazis all killing each other.  Rape, torture, exections, Ukrain had it the worst in that war.
View Quote

I saw that.  The most *Interesting* quote was from that show.  They were talking with a Ukranian farm peasant who had been a boy during that time.  He said of the people comming to the door demanding food(rough quote):  

"We didn't know who they were [Soviet partisan, Ukraninan partisan or bandit], whoever had a gun was the Master."

That really brought it home.  No Gun = Slave/Peasant.
View Quote

Ya beat me to it, I was going to post that under a different string, I think I will anyways.  Yup, he said just that.  Whoever had the gun was the master.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top