Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 2:41:54 PM EDT
I took a King's ambidextrous safety - [url]http://www.kingsgunworks.com/newcatalog/page03.html[/url] - to a local dealer for installation on my Springfield 1911A1. The dealer subcontracts the work to a gunsmith that the dealer has been using for about 15 years. The safety was installed and is functioning fine. However, the gunsmith, for some reason (the dealer will speak to him Monday), decided to file down part of the inside of the right side paddle one rib width. I don't know why it was done; at its full width, there is ample clearance. Am I being unreasonable if I ask the dealer or gunsmith to replace the safety? What would you do?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,if the smith made modifications that you did not request or for saftey or function.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are not happy, you are not happy.
I would take it to an other gunsmith and ask him how he would do it.  Don't tell him who did it, just ask him how he would install it.  Also pay for his time.  He is in business and you are using his services.  If he said it is wrong, then ask the dealer to replace it.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top