Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/17/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT
If it was a female member of the family, I'd think it would be cute -- especially if she had a girlfriend who looks like Jessica Simpson.  But a guy, like my brother or dad?  I don't think I could ever talk to him again, even though I'd still wish the best for him as a blood relative.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two gay cousins (both guys). Doesn't bother me in the least.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Things would never be the same.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd ask him to redecorate our house.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be happy about it, but I could learn to deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Like Chuck Swindol says, life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it.

Family is still family.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it was a female member of the family, I'd think it would be cute -- especially if she had a girlfriend who looks like Jessica Simpson.  But a guy, like my brother or dad?  I don't think I could ever talk to him again, even though I'd still wish the best for him as a blood relative.  

"Well, boys, looks like we gots ourselves a real life HOMO-PHOBE!"

C'mon, I have two gay cousins also, one is male and one female. They are gay... whoopity-fucking-do, I

know some blacks too... I like them fine. Just because a person has a non-traditional, and I will agree,

immoral lifestyle, it doesn't change who they are to me. I know alcoholics, drug addicts, adulterers, etc.

but nobody seems to be harping on their case.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a gay cousin.  She is pretty self-conscious about it with most of the family.  Really only us younger cousins know the details.  I think it's a shame really, that she would feel uncomfortable around her own family.  

Edited to add:  What's with all the cousins?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as it wasn't my wife, it wouldn't affect the relationship between us at all. If it were my wife, it would only affect things about 6 times a year, so I guess I could live with it. Seriously, if it were one of my sons I'd be disappointed by the plummeting prospects for grandkids, and worried about him getting involved in promiscuity, but otherwise I wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon, I have two gay cousins also, one is male and one female. They are gay... whoopity-fucking-do, I

know some blacks too... I like them fine. Just because a person has a non-traditional, and I will agree,

immoral lifestyle, it doesn't change who they are to me. I know alcoholics, drug addicts, adulterers, etc.

Yeah, but what about the Irish?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My sister in law is gay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
my brother is gay.
I delight in using pet names for him in his presence such as:
EDITED FOR CONTENT

Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't give a shit.

Ain't my life.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Hate to brake it to ya, but every civilization that has fell did so after the acceptance of homosexuality.
You wanna know the facts...look em up yourself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but what about the Irish?

Gotta watch them Irish! Why, start drinking with them and the next thing you know, you might wind up playin' Cajun music or smething!
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#15]
First, I would offer them money for mental help to get over their affliction. If they refuse, then...
a. Never talk to them again.
b. Take them out of my will (if there)/
c. Tell them that they are no longer welcome in my house or property - and will be arrested if they come back.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd have to kick his ass if it was my brother.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got an aunt who is questionable.  She's in her 40s and she never dates any guys. And all the women she hangs out with are just "friends", which also fit the general sterotype for lesbians. She hates to wear dresses etc... She has never told anyone if she is, though I'm almost positive she's a lesbian.  But I love her to death and honestly I don't know what I would do without her. Ever since my mom (my aunts sister) died a little over a year ago, she has become like a mother to me.  Quite honestly I really don't care if she is, because either way I'm gonna love her just as much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Pathetic that something that has no effect on you whatsoever could cause you to turn your back on your own flesh and blood. Do you stand by your family when they need you? What makes you think that your brother wouldn't need you if he came out? Grow up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#19]
10+ pages
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

1/2 homophobe.  I'd be okay if it was a female relative.  But if it was my brother?  Things will never be the same.  

I don't think about the ethnic backgrounds of my friends or the people I associate with.  Don't see the analogy here.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd have to kick his ass if it was my brother.

I did. He's still gay. what should I try next ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#23]
i have a gay relative, doesnt bother me at all, their choice, theyre happy, why should it bother me in any way?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
fit the general sterotype for lesbians.

Sometime ask her what part of Lesbia she comes from!
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'd ask him to redecorate our house.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hate to brake it to ya, but every civilization that has fell did so after the acceptance of homosexuality.

Since you seem to be so well read on the subject, please enlighten us all. Please provide specific facts from at least two sources for the above general statement.

PS I doubt you can.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have two gay cousins (both guys). Doesn't bother me in the least.

Same here.... just one though, a cousin.

I honestly can't be bothered to even raise an eyebrow....  He's a good, decent hard working guy, and makes no difference to me at all, whatsoever.....

if you shun a family member for something so stupid, you need to grow the fuck up a little, in my opinion.

just my take on it......
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Nothing homophobic about aversion to deviant behavior.  Yes, deviant behavior.  Every diploid capable of reading this has a biological mother and a biological father.  And there are no haploids capable of reading this.  Nature has it that creation of life take a man and a woman.  

The failure of treatment of homosexuality caused its ultimate removal from the DSM-IV.  How utterly pathetic for the APA.  They could not treat it so they pronounce it normal and all is good.  

BTW, there ARE effective treatments but since the patterning begins in childhood but its hard to reverse so the shrinks just declare it normal and life goes on.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmm. the Greek empire...the roman empire...Sodom and Gamorrah to name a couple... like I said look em up yourself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#30]
disowned, female or male.  I just wouldnt talk to them.
call me a bigot, but thats what I believe.

<Flamesuit on>
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Brilliant. Can you name a "civilization" that has stood the test of time? They all fall eventually. For many reasons. I'll go out on a limb here and speculate that gay people are probably not the most common reason.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Big whoop. Gay or straight, they're still family.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I wouldn't care IF they kept it to themselves.  Why in the heck do we have to hear about their gayness day in and day out?

If that's what's going on, they're not just gay, they are rude. I don't want to hear about any family members sexuality.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Wouldn't care.  It wouldn't affect me or my relationship with my relative.  I would only be concerned about them because there are lunatics out there who make life unnecessarily more difficult for gays and lesbians.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Wouldn't care.  It wouldn't affect me or my relationship with my relative.  I would only be concerned about them because there are lunatics out there who make life unnecessarily more difficult for gays and lesbians.

Jim

And some of them are posting in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
my brother is gay.
I delight in using pet names for him in his presence such as:
EDITED FOR CONTENT

Wow.  I just can't imagine calling someone EDITED FOR CONTENT, and shouting it like that even!  And in red!

Jim
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I can name a civilization that stands the test of time....Jewish civilization has stood since it's creation...throughout slavey, murder, wars, etc. and homosexuality has never been accepted in their culture. Look and learn.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Well for me it's really very simple. I dont associate with homosexual people because I find that behavior to be immoral and I would say that generally most homosexuals would tend to be very liberal. I dont associate with liberals.

I also find that criminal behavior is immoral, and I do not associate with criminals either.

If a family member turned out to be a criminal, I would not associate with them because I find their behavior to be immoral. Same goes for homosexuality or any other behavior that I do not find decent.

Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Couldn't care less unless a needless debate ensued and my own values and personal feelings about what was right and wrong were challenged.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Oooh, ooh!  Mista Kotta!  Mista Kotta!

Every civilization that has fallen has also done so after the rise of a widespread religion!

Mesapotamia, Ancient Egypt, Babylon, Sumer, Greece, Rome...

Jim
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#43]
To my knowledge, None of my family members are gay.  I wouldn't care anyway.  

I do know gay people.  I don't think of them as gay, they're just people.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Say something charming like get away from me faggot and don't speak to me again!
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Id give him a BJ and swallow his man gravy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can name a civilization that stands the test of time....Jewish civilization has stood since it's creation...throughout slavey, murder, wars, etc. and homosexuality has never been accepted in their culture. Look and learn.

"Jewish civilization?  Judaism is a religion.  I would tell you to look and learn but it's clear that you are incapable of seeing past your own ignorance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#47]
religion and idol worship ...2 different things....religion was created by satan to keep people from worshipping God.  Being a Jew is not a religion...Jews are descendants of  Jacob. Jocob means Isreal....excuse spelling...I'm sleepy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Like Chuck Swindol says, life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it.

Family is still family.

Exactly.

My sister is a thespian. She is still my sister and I still love her.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I HAVE to remember that line next time I make an argument I have absolutely no support for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I HAVE to remember that line next time I make an argument I have absolutely no support for.

Hey, I guess being stupid DOES have it's perks !

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top