Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 7:41:51 AM EDT
This is really not an A vs. B... I would like some info on experiences with one or both of these pistols.

I am finally looking into a polymer based pistol and have narrowed it down to 2.  

Sig Pro and HK USP. I have handled both but have yet to shoot either.  I have come to these two because of the exposed hammer, SA capability.

Any comments are appreciated.

I own several SIGs.  220, 225,226,228,230.  I am very familir with their workings and do most tatctical pistol training with them (the 228 actually).

Cheers!

zaz
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 USP's, a fullsize and compact, both in .45
I got the f.s. first and loved it, but then I shot the compact !
WOW!!! it fits my hand like a glove, has over 3000 rnds through it and no problems (with either one) I have shot several sigs, they just never felt right to me(great weapons though)
shoot em both and I bet you'll buy HK !!
51 out...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a USP compact in .40 and I can't say enough about it... not one single failure of any type, even when I was putting a few hundred rounds of reloads through it a week at my local pin shoot. It'd be worth it if it cost twice as much.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the SigPro 2340 in .40, great gun for the price. You should be able to get one for less than $500 which makes it a great value. Very comfortable to shoot and never had a problem or failure to feed or eject with almost a thousand rounds through it. The HK USP compacts are very nice as well but costs much more than the SigPro. Extremely reliable and good accuracy for a decent price, it's got the most bang for the buck in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I was one of the first people to own a USP in PA. I used to buy EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that had the name H&K on it from a local dealer, when one day he showed me a full size USP-9mm. He stated that he had just received them and knew how much I liked H&K's...so I took it home. That was back in '91 or '92, I cant remember but since then I have literally put case after case of ammo thru that pistol. Frankly I cant remember more than maybe one or two malfuctions in the 8,000 or so rounds I've managed to put through it; and they can be attributed to a REALLY dirty chamber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top