Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 5:39:13 PM EDT
WTF. So I'am at my nephews first B-Day party. I start playing with the kids and the toys. I look under one of the toys "Made In China", I look under another and another and another same thing. Easily 85% of the toys "Made In China" [:(!]. I was furious.

When are we going to stop importing this crap and supporting china! I have my wife look at everything she buys before she makes a purchase to avoid china crap. But like she says, it's hard, sometimes it's impossible, if your looking for something in particular.

I think we have to start manufacturing more goods to sell.........MADE IN THE USA!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Half a Harly D is made in Japan
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you really want to get depressed. Go to any store you normally visit and play the game "Made in America." Sometimes I can't find one thing in a store made in the U.S. It really opens your mind up to the notion of "free trade."
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We make nuclear powered aircraft carriers, F-16's and M1 Abrahms MBT ... we can get all the cheap plastic toys we want, whenever we want [;)]. Just kidding. There's not enough profit in them for an American company to remain interested in them, just like anything. We invent it, sell the heck out of it then pawn it off as the profits leave.
View Quote

Sorry to disappoint, but not everything on that Aircraft Carrier (or [u]any[/u] Navy vessel) is made in the good `ol U.S. of A.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WTF. So I'am at my nephews first B-Day party. I start playing with the kids and the toys. I look under one of the toys "Made In China", I look under another and another and another same thing. Easily 85% of the toys "Made In China" [:(!]. I was furious.

When are we going to stop importing this crap and supporting china! I have my wife look at everything she buys before she makes a purchase to avoid china crap. But like she says, it's hard, sometimes it's impossible, if your looking for something in particular.

I think we have to start manufacturing more goods to sell.........MADE IN THE USA!!
View Quote

You said it. I am enfuriated(sp) everytime I look at any of my kids toys all I see is MIC.
As your wife stated..., so has mine...,
It's near impossible to buy kids stuff that isn't MIC.

Mc D's is a MAJOR user of MIC stuff.
Personally I refuse to eat there, Period.
But the kids like the MIC Happy meals.

HEY...,

Mc D's or is it really MIC D's?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top