Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 1:55:32 PM EDT
What's the going price for one.  It's the tactical with mag extension but non-PG stock. Ghost ring sights.  It's a post-ban.  Comes with all sorts of other extras (like 7 different chokes), but I just want to know what the basic gun's worth and if there's anything I need to watch out for.  I'm going to look at it in a couple hours, so any help will be appreciated.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
There is one selling for  between 900-1000 here in Kalispell, MT, sorry I don't remember the exact price, but I know it sells for more than 900 but less than 1000.

Been looking to buy one for a while myself.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones Ive seen in Alabama go for between $800 and $900, they are nice guns I have it on my guns to get list.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks folks.  That's what I figured.  The ones around here are going for about $900 or so as well.  He wanted $710 for it, so low and behold it followed me home.  Just in time for the OH bulletfest!

It's in great shape.  The only fininsh wear is on the sharp edges of the front sight.  The ghost rign sights are way cool!  Black plastic non-PG stock, short barrel.  It came with a mag extension also, that I need to put on and five different chokes.  Full, mod, Cyl, something else, and a special buckshot choke the guy had specially made for him up in Richmond.  Manual and all the little things like stock adjusment spacers, way cool choke wrench, and mag plugs for both length tubes.  No box, but I would have probably figured out a way of destroying that anyway.  He even threw in five rounds of slugs and five of buckshot.

What I wanted was one shotgun that would be able to handle all my needs with, and I think this comes about as close as I'm going to get.  I'll probably keep my 870, since it has the factory LEO top folding stock on it and fills the specialty job of "compactness" quite well.  

I've always sucked at shotgun, simply because I don't have much experience with one.  I've had them off and on, and shot skeet, etc.  I always had fun with them, but I just never spent the time to really train with one.  Of all the shotguns I've handled though, I really like this one.  I think I've found a shotgun I can really get into.  

Ross
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
What you have is a modified sporting gun and not a stock tactical gun. Your gun has been built in to get the combination of features you mentioned. Who ever did it spent a bit of money to do so. They are not offered in the configuration you described from benelli. That being said you have a nice weapon that will serve you well. Contrary to popular belief you will still need to clean and maintain it but it requires little effort. I sell/own/shoot  benelli's and can tell you that the only problems I have encountered have been lost trigger group pins (guys loose the retaining clips and the pins walk out),cruded up spring tubes in the butstock (replace with a sure cycle contained system when this happens), and a broken extractor from time to time. They like at least an 1 1/8 oz. shoot load so try anything light before using if for defense use. And try to stay away from "low recoil tactical loads". You got a soild buy on the gun. The standard tactical model with the GR/ standard stock/ and short 2 shot ex. tube goes for about 850 new. It only comes with 3 chokes (F/M/IC. Extras run about 22.00 a piece retail. Enjoy it!
Shoot straight and keep fighting the good fight!
-Hired Gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top