Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2001 9:37:51 AM EDT
I just read that the ammo prices where to be going down in the next few months for surpluses ammo.I don't know if its true or not if anyone else has herd this also please tell me. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you hear/read about this?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard Wolf is forcing a lot of importers to re-evaluate their pricing.
I read the line in Fred's Column, but he did not go into the reason.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well my opinion is worthless.
I have been trying to guess the bottom in the ammo and the stock market and been wrong more than right.
Nothing would suprise me, but if you asked me to guess, i would say if Wolf wins the current price battle with the other importer, look for higher prices.(less competition, means higher prices)
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard Wolf is forcing a lot of importers to re-evaluate their pricing.
I read the line in Fred's Column, but he did not go into the reason.
View Quote

7 I read this in the Shotgun news Vol 55 issue 17,2001 in the Fred's column. It ayes

"An E-mail from a knowledgeable "insider" states that in the next few months the price of surplus ammo is likely to fall. There's not a lot of buying right now, and a big load is coming in. You might want to defer your buying plans, and maybe end up saving up more geld, so that you can wade in and snap up bargains. If you can buy 10% cheaper, you can buy 10% more."

This is what I read and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, i do all my wholesale buying in the summer for just that reason.Prices fall in the summer from lack of demand.Too many other things to do like vacations, fishing and the beach.Can't really do those in the winter.
The deals seem to come out of the woodwork.
Come September, prices gradually rise and i make more from having stocked up and not having to pay prevailing price.
Works the same for retail.Try to time it right and buy before september, when prices start to climb from demand.Nothing new in the last 17 years.We (dealers) did catch a break from 2 years ago with Y2K and last years elections, with demand staying very high.At the same time, i really don't see any reason to stock up.Prices are steady and no lack of supply from what i can tell.Save your money and buy it as you need it.
Plenty of better investments if that's what your looking for.
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I read that article too & when I ordered some .308 from Southern Ammo, I asked Linda about it & she said that there was a large shipment coming in country at a lower price, but would not give out any details. I would love to see some 30.06 come in at a low price!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top