Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 3:18:06 PM EDT
Nice article.  If you're interested, write the author a nice email thanking her for doing the right thing.

Gun enthusiasts should see changes in news coverage - Arizona Daily Star
[url]www.azstarnet.com/star/sun/10617parham.html[/url]

Edited on 7/11 with the new correct URL:
[url]www.azstarnet.com/clips/parham.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  Whoever heard of a paper doing this before.  Dont just send this lady a e-mail, send this to your local media outlets.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
she sounds like a gun loving sicko to me[BD]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
someone get the Atlanta Journal ocnstitution to do that!
-Chuck
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
ERROR 404[V]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ERROR 404[V]
View Quote

Me too... [:(!]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
The AZ daily RED star, is our morning liberal fishwrap. always backs dems and liberal candidates and is our "social justice paper"
I cant find this article...404, I dont get this paper so does anyone have the text ??
It must be a guest columnist or a mistake cause this rag always bashes guns and gun rights.
51 out...
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks like they have archived it, and it is no longer available for free.  Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, it looks like this article is now available:

[url]www.azstarnet.com/clips/parham.html[/url]

Also see:
Media and Guns - Kurt Amesbury
[url]www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2218[/url]
Some very good suggestions for contacting the media.

BTW, who is interested in forming a club to write to media persons and give them gentle suggestions and corrections on their gun-related reporting?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
As Butkus wrote, the "Red" Star is our liberal morning newspaper.  Regardless of their policy "review" the newspaper still will not accept private party classified ads for firearms, and I have yet to see a single newspaper sport section report on any shooting competition.  

Are the reporters
Developing a formal course in firearm basics. Crime and court reporters, photographers, copy editors, team leaders and others in the newsroom who wish to participate will get a hands-on introduction to firearms, proper terminology and major laws involving guns.
View Quote
?  I see no evidence.

How about
Analyzing content to identify bias. We are undertaking an in-depth review of hundreds of articles published in the past three years that mention firearms, with a view toward identifying bias and finding ways to prevent it in the future.
View Quote
Ditto - no evidence to date.

Just like politicians:  apparently all talk, no action.  It's better to APPEAR to be doing something than actually doing it.

I'm sure that the Arizona Daily Star won't miss my money.

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Can a zebra change its stripes?  They are like the politicians that change their political opinions based on the political wind.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top