Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
NRA Voting Member?
There are some BIG celebrities running for NRA board this year.
This is about someone you probably don't know.  But you should.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Having formed an NRA Members' Council 9 years ago (and still president of it today), having created NRAWinningTeam.com 8 years ago, having served on the NRA's Nominating Committee myself and having "walked the floor" for President Heston in Seattle and Philadelphia, I have something to say about one of the candidates for the NRA Board of Directors this year.

http://nrawinningteam.com/bios01/joelwayne2-2.jpg
Joel Friedman and Wayne LaPierre

I have come to associate this Benefactor member of our great association with the true vision of "grassroots".  Joel Friedman was a founding officer of the 100% volunteer California NRA Members' Councils, creating a Second Amendment army-on-the-ground long before I knew what a Members' Council was.  Joel formed the San Gabriel Valley NRA Members' Council as one of the first MCs and still leads them today.  For the entire decade I've known Joel, he's been a dedicated member of the NRA Grassroots Committee, contributing his time and expertise in the halls of Fairfax.  All volunteer, all the time.

Joel also develops effective media strategies for pro-gun candidates and organizations.  He has even produced a one-hour video showing how to defeat anti-gun laws.  Working with ILA, Joel developed the first "Media Training Seminar" to help teach others how to promote the shooting sports and defend our rights.  Joel won an NRA grant to establish the Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program in Pasadena schools.  And it's not cost our NRA a penny.  In fact, through his FONRA activities, Joel helps send money to the NRA Foundation.

I can only think of one place he belongs more - on the board! Joel Friedman is not a member of the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association, but we need to elect him.

Joel Friedman enjoys strong support of both NRA members and NRA officials alike.  I ask that you consider these facts as you make your choices for the NRA board.

Oh, one more thing...
http://nrawinningteam.com/bios01/mclogocolor2.gif
As you know, our home state of California is under siege. I believe NRA needs Joel's grassroots expertise, political savvy and personal California knowledge to stop the anti-gun forces here. This is important not only for California, but the nation, before this cancer spreads.

Please vote for Joel Friedman for NRA Board of Directors.  To learn more about Joel, please visit:
www.JoelForBoard.com

http://nrawinningteam.com/bios01/mikehaassig.gif
Mike Haas
NRA Benefactor
AmmoGuide.com/
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Just as a followup - a member at thehighroad.org asked some good quedtions, and Mr. Friedman responded.  Hope it's ok to link to another forum, because this is darned good info for NRA voters.  Some say they can never find enough info on the NRA candidates.

www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=1514713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top