Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2001 7:41:51 AM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the Magnum Research Baby Eagle? The compact looks like a nice piece. I demand all metal with a traditional ignition system, I believe this pistol fits the bill. I haven't seen one though, except on their web site and Gun Digest. Thanks for your comments.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a good one.  The bluing is not first class (easy to get scratch) but the compact size gun is quite accurate.  It is a bit on the heavy side like the Galil. Get the 13 rds hi cap mags from CDNN.  I like it. It fits my hand quite nicely.

Field stripping for cleaning is also a bit tricky too. It is a slight awkward if you don't get use to it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
My colleague has one.  It is a decent play gun.  It is easy to shoot accurately because it has a super light trigger, feels like less than a pound.  Of course this means that if your technique is off, you can get the odd double tap into the ceiling of the range.  Reliability is decent, it only suffers a feed/extraction failure about once every other mag.
He bought it because it was relatively inexpensive and he liked the way it fit his hand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at the polymer compact in .40 S&W. Anyone have any comments on that?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know that they made a polymer Baby Eagle. I have a full sized .40. Never had a jam, my only complaint would be the trigger. It was a little rough at first, I dremmeled the trigger guide smooth and it got better. But I've been out of the loop, maybe they improved the overall trigger pull. I got mine about 10 years ago. You can use CZ mags in them which is a plus. I believe that CZ America took over the license and support for the Baby Eagles and Jerico's.

The ergomics are great, it's basically a CZ-75 clone but with a polygonal barrel and full length slide.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't know that they made a polymer Baby Eagle. ....I believe that CZ America took over the license and support for the Baby Eagles and Jerico's.
View Quote

Well I just got back from the gun shop that has a polymer compact IMI "UZI Eagle" as they are called. It was overpriced, but heck, I got to mess with it. Light, feels good, looks like a P-99 in size and feel. I like it.

Magnum Research is now the IMI/UZI importers in the US as far as I know.
I'm going to have to get one of these...
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The last I heard Tonfoglio made them for IMI.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
ive fired one and i liked it just think of it its as a mini Desert eagle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top