Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2001 5:17:38 AM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on Camillus knives?  I saw the new Talonite fixed blade in a magazine article and started to do some checking and found out Camillus makes some nice knives.  I'm from the Syracuse area (i.e. close to Camillus)and have always known of them, but thought they only made cheesy old time folding pocket knives.  The talon looks bad ass but at $249 its out of my price range.  Camillus makes lots of cool affordable knives though and I wanted to get opinions before I bought anything.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Camillus makes some awesome fixed blade knives, Their Talonite blades will take exposure to the worst the world can offer and shrug it off. The only drawback is since they are not steel they can be bent easier than a steel blade, not in normal use, but I wouldn't try to chop down a tree with one. Check out the CQB blade they make if you're into tactical steel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
counterstrike,
    take a look at the cuda line of folders from camillus with the side lever button.  I am pricing one of these now.  I am also from the camillus area and have found that some area dealers are allowed to discount prices because they are selling for a local company.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually Camillus has a link on their site to a website called CRKnives that is located in Camillus that seems way cheaper than anyone else.  The talon sells everywhere else for 249 but is only 209 at CRKnives, but they only give a PO box so it might be web only.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Personal preference as far as the Talonite.  

Well if I were going to buy a fixed blade I would get a SOG TigerShark.  It is bigger, good steel and the blade has one of the most awsome shapes.

If you stick with a camilus get a quick folder.  The ones with the button on the side of the handle.  I have one, once yo feel it you will fall in love with it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have three of their boot knives that I like very much. Two are the black finish and one is marketed under the Remington name but is made by Camillus. They are very sharp and are fairly strong, two have nice leather sheaths and one has a kydex sheath that is ok but not great.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I work with a tool and die maker who used to be a prototype maker for Camillus and he said that Camillus makes most of the knives for other companies in the US.  He still has all types of prototypes and a lot of knives with one brand on the blade and a different brand on the handle.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
We carry Camillus and can offer the best price for the Talon at $199.  We carry the full line of Camillus knives.  

Also carry the full line of SOG knives for any who are looking for the best price.  All knives are subject to current availability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top