Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2001 6:48:07 PM EDT
Well, the ex-bitch has moved. I'm moving back into my house [a fixer upper]. Just finished weed whacking grass 8 feet tall, compliments of you know who, and mowed it all. Its only 1 acre, thank god, I couldn't imagine keeping up with the landscaping of more than one anyway. Van Zandt Wa., at certain times of the year can really be described as Gods Country. So, how much land are you all sitting on and is it landscaped, pasture, forrested, wetlands etc.?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Apartment. Screw mowing.

My parents live on 3 acres with 1.5 mowed. I did enough of that in my childhood to last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I live above the Greenhouse and Florist Shop my Father and two Uncles' own.  I guess it is about 2 or 3 acres of land maybe just one I am not too smart.  It has my old elementary school right behind my house so I can't shoot my guns without having the police called on me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I live on a 75' x 150' plot in north Plano. I play on a section and a half of rolling prairie in the Panhandle.  Been in my family since 1885.
At the tail end of an eight-mile gravel road, my nearest neighbor is about ten and a half miles from my front gate.

And my front gate is a mile and a half from my cabin.  It's 20' x 30' concrete slab with frame and wood exterior. Interior is finished with wood from a dismantled barn roughly a hundred years old.

No running water, no electricity. But generator and propane tank for lights, fans, and just about everything else.

Pease River is a quarter mile from the cabin.

Wildlife out the wazoo!

Eric The(DidIMentionRattlesnakes?)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
A nice little piece of Heaven in St. Augustine, FL...

Ocean 2 Blocks this way  <---------

Woods 5 Miles That way  ---------->

Full Auto Class 3 Range 25 Minutes
this way

!
!
!
!
V
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Me? I own no land.
I am just a poor college student who spends
ever last dime on vintage mustangs and black
rifles.

My parents own 3 properties in a small town
and have a 11 acre "farm" outside of town.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live on a 75' x 150' plot in north Plano. I play on a section and a half of rolling prairie in the Panhandle.  Been in my family since 1885.
At the tail end of an eight-mile gravel road, my nearest neighbor is about ten and a half miles from my front gate.

And my front gate is a mile and a half from my cabin.  It's 20' x 30' concrete slab with frame and wood exterior. Interior is finished with wood from a dismantled barn roughly a hundred years old.

No running water, no electricity. But generator and propane tank for lights, fans, and just about everything else.

Pease River is a quarter mile from the cabin.

Wildlife out the wazoo!

Eric The(DidIMentionRattlesnakes?)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

eric = unibomber?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
ok here's a little tip from a New Yorker, it's called Italian grass. just concrete everything & spray paint green.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I checked I was still living in a van down by the river.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
We have a townhouse and just bought an acre in the woods. All the land around us is unbuildable due to the laws of the PRNJ. First time the laws here worked for me. My neighbor is also a cop. Gravel pit 5 miles away and the mall and civilization  5miles in the other direction
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My little slice of heaven. Landscaped, with some woods and a stream out back.
All but a couple of my neighbors are well armed and shoot frequently.
And we all got together and got our CCW's.
The well armed ones that is. Now that the rain has stopped,And after I get done mowing I will be out testing my new rifle.

Peace,
Del

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/024/sy/YF/7J/mY21411.jpg[/img]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/029/JU/YN/k8/2i37037.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top